We're back and we're coming for ya.

#2 durham red

durham red

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:20 AM

1st owner in modern Forest history to write off debt rather than saddle the club with it, I think?
Something's going to happen... Something wonderful...
I understand how you feel. You see, it's all very clear to me now. The whole thing. It's wonderful.

#3 nottmred

nottmred

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,898 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:11 PM

All this without Marinakis shouting from the rooftops about it. Unlike a certain undignified former owner....

Posted Image Posted Image

#4 bestwood_red!

bestwood_red!

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,829 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:14 PM

Very good news. Is that the loan from Doughtys era? Does this mean that we may be able to compete more inside FFP rules?

#5 colin

colin

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • 9,599 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:36 PM

I've had positive " vibes " about Marinakis since he bought the club and this news gives me real belief that , after years in the doldrums , we're looking forward to a bright future ....  The Summer transfer activity is going to be very interesting indeed ... :wink2:  :wink2:  :thumbsup_still: 

There is a forgotten , nay almost forbidden word , which means more to me than any other . That word is ENGLAND

Sir Winston Churchill .

#6 Caz

Caz

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:41 PM

This might prove unpopular...but I'd help fund summer signings with the sales of both JW & BB.

If that £15m could pay for Figueirido, a LB, a decent striker and complete deals for Pantilimon & Tomlin, would any or you be happy with that?

#7 Danny

Danny

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:52 PM

I think the fact that we have a deal in place to sign Figueiredo for £2.5 million all the while turning down £10 million for Worrall just shows the ludicrous premiums placed on British players.
When I say "Go!", you say "Weeble!".

"Go!"...

#8 colin

colin

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • 9,599 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:58 PM

This might prove unpopular...but I'd help fund summer signings with the sales of both JW & BB.

If that £15m could pay for Figueirido, a LB, a decent striker and complete deals for Pantilimon & Tomlin, would any or you be happy with that?

Sorry Caz  but we need to keep hold of our brightest young prospects . We probably don't need to sell before we buy just get rid of some of the dead wood .. 

There is a forgotten , nay almost forbidden word , which means more to me than any other . That word is ENGLAND

Sir Winston Churchill .

#9 bestwood_red!

bestwood_red!

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,829 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:17 PM

I agree. While there reputation is at its highest cash in. I cant ever see either of them making it to a level any higher than they are now.

#10 Caz

Caz

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:24 PM

Sorry Caz  but we need to keep hold of our brightest young prospects . We probably don't need to sell before we buy just get rid of some of the dead wood .. 

The deadwood will go in the summer but we'll likely need to boost the transfer kitty via sales. I don't see how JW fits into the new side, with Figueiredo becoming a permanent in the summer and Dawson on his way back. That would leave Fox (he'll be offered a new deal), Mancienne and then Worrall. Will he be happy sitting on the bench?

As for BB, he's too young and inexperienced to be leading the line in a Karanka's prefered 4-2-3-1 om his own. We need a quicker, sharper and stronger striker for that role.

#11 Thommo

Thommo

sidelined by injury

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:47 PM

The deadwood will go in the summer but we'll likely need to boost the transfer kitty via sales. I don't see how JW fits into the new side, with Figueiredo becoming a permanent in the summer and Dawson on his way back. That would leave Fox (he'll be offered a new deal), Mancienne and then Worrall. Will he be happy sitting on the bench?

As for BB, he's too young and inexperienced to be leading the line in a Karanka's prefered 4-2-3-1 om his own. We need a quicker, sharper and stronger striker for that role.

Actually think BB would be decent as playing on the right of that 3 behind the striker, help him become a more rounded player.

#12 Dane B

Dane B

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • 17,041 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:49 PM

I've a feeling both JW and BB will be sold in the Summer. There will be no place for them in the team, and their current values will plummet when they aren't getting any game time. Cash in while we can to help fund what I hope will be a transfer window like we haven't seen for years.

Seriously, if we sell those two for a combined £20m, we could see us spending upwards of £30m in the Summer. That's what it will take if we want to talk about promotion next season.

I LOVE GOLF, I LOVE MY WIFE, AND I ENJOY DOING BOTH.

#13 colin

colin

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • 9,599 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:38 PM

I've a feeling both JW and BB will be sold in the Summer. There will be no place for them in the team, and their current values will plummet when they aren't getting any game time. Cash in while we can to help fund what I hope will be a transfer window like we haven't seen for years.

Seriously, if we sell those two for a combined £20m, we could see us spending upwards of £30m in the Summer. That's what it will take if we want to talk about promotion next season.

You might well be correct Dane but I think that Marinakis and co have the experience and nous to put into practice a " cunning plan " for our progression ..  Imagine if we can get Dawson in to nuture Joe Worrall and an experienced quality striker to do likewise with Ben Brereton then we have planned for the future ... Time alone will tell but like you my friend I believe the future will be exciting ...  Nothing but a promotion push will be acceptable to our owners ...

Sir Winston Churchill .

#14 JohnReese

JohnReese

Academy Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:26 PM

You might well be correct Dane but I think that Marinakis and co have the experience and nous to put into practice a " cunning plan " for our progression ..  Imagine if we can get Dawson in to nuture Joe Worrall and an experienced quality striker to do likewise with Ben Brereton then we have planned for the future ... Time alone will tell but like you my friend I believe the future will be exciting ...  Nothing but a promotion push will be acceptable to our owners ...

Which season are you referring to with that "acceptable promotion push?"

Personally, I think it's years away and even if, against all odds, we did go up within the next few seasons, we'd be straight back down again (But £100million richer!)

#15 E R

E R

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 6,303 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:40 PM

Very exciting times I must say - I am really enjoying the football as well. Fucking buzzing for Sunday now

#16 i.k.s

i.k.s

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 7,010 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:01 PM

Nah, ship out some more crap & buy Oliver Burke back from the stiffs at WBA (or wherever he is I don't keep up with it all)

#17 Bcrawa

Bcrawa

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:11 PM

Personally, I think it's years away and even if, against all odds, we did go up within the next few seasons, we'd be straight back down again (But £100million richer!)

Thats very pessimistic. I bet Huddersfield fans didnt expect to be where they are right now a couple of seasons ago. If we were to throw serious dosh at it in the summer and get promoted I agree that we might struggle to stay up. Coming down with a 100 million though means that you should have a chance of getting up again and maybe get a foothold 2nd time. No reason whatsoever why we cant be next seasons Wolves with a few good signings, shrewd management and of course a fair wind.
Do you think you are good enough....?

#18 Caz

Caz

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:42 PM

Nah, ship out some more crap & buy Oliver Burke back from the stiffs at WBA (or wherever he is I don't keep up with it all)

We couldn't pay Burke's wages now.

#19 colin

colin

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • 9,599 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:44 PM

I'm referring to next season John .. Our owners have big ambitions and plans for the club ..  Let's get to the Prem first before thinking about staying there ... 

Sir Winston Churchill .

#20 durham red

durham red

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:07 AM

Yep, Id be quite happy with that Caz.

Only when our youngsters are playing as well as Burke before he left do I clamour to keep hold of them.

Until that point theyre just potential that will be gone the moment they look useful.
Something's going to happen... Something wonderful...
I understand how you feel. You see, it's all very clear to me now. The whole thing. It's wonderful.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)