Sign in to follow this  
E R

Trump

Good to see the greatest President in U.S. history is refusing to let mass produced Chinese steel flood into the states and under cut the product manufactured by his own people

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/business/analysis-and-features/trump-steel-tariffs-us-import-tax-levy-trade-war-china-uk-eu-wto-competition-market-a8236171.html%3famp

steel imports would face a 25 per cent levy while aluminium will be marked up by 10 per cent

I wonder what our resident one man foundry makes of this and whether President Trump has gone up in his estimations?

This is also after announcing that any cars manufactured outside the US would face a levy so they will now be built in the US

The move follows a decision in January by the US to impose tariffs of up to 50 per cent on imports of washing machines and solar panels from China and South Korea.

The man has done more for American workers in his short tenure than any of the last 5 presidents in their whole time in office and I would welcome a leader like that in the UK

Edited by E R

Hes calling their bluff and hell win, as if they are going to stop exporting to America. A bit less profit is better than no profit. Wish our politicians had the balls to call the EUs bluff on their shit. Well stop you coming on holiday to Spain we wont send anymore BMW, Mercedes or VW cars to the U.K. we wont share any more terror related intel with you. Its all bullshit and Trump being a proper businessman, instead of someone who went to school, uni and then in to politics without doing a days work, can see straight through it.

Also, one man foundry 😂

Good to see the greatest President in U.S. history is refusing to let mass produced Chinese steel flood into the states and under cut the product manufactured by his own people

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/business/analysis-and-features/trump-steel-tariffs-us-import-tax-levy-trade-war-china-uk-eu-wto-competition-market-a8236171.html%3famp

steel imports would face a 25 per cent levy while aluminium will be marked up by 10 per cent

I wonder what our resident one man foundry makes of this and whether President Trump has gone up in his estimations?

This is also after announcing that any cars manufactured outside the US would face a levy so they will now be built in the US

The move follows a decision in January by the US to impose tariffs of up to 50 per cent on imports of washing machines and solar panels from China and South Korea.

The man has done more for American workers in his short tenure than any of the last 5 presidents in their whole time in office and I would welcome a leader like that in the UK

For a banker, your understanding of economics seems somewhat sketchy.

Trump has balls so big he needs a wheelbarrow to move around. He is at least trying to deliver on what he has said he wanted to do, where it would be quite easy to be corrupted by the professional republican politicians.

A British politician wouldn't even have the courage to even consider something like this (or the Paris Agreement), let alone gather the political will to implement.

He is on a roll. Like him or not he is going to be difficult to stop in 2020 when his tax reforms give the economy a boost.

Not great for UK mind, if we want a free trade deal then it's going to be quite one sided (if one at all)

Edited by Daz

I think Corbyn is in favour of this kind of shit. It's probably the way things will go here in time once our politicians stop fucking about. Unless you're not in the game of back scratching - which most of the World is but we just opted out of - it makes sense to rig things in your favour. Considering that ours and the US' industries are on our arse it would make sense to have a protectionist thing going on.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

Not great for UK mind, if we want a free trade deal then it's going to be quite one sided (if one at all)

Apparently we're finding that out. Some suggestion that they won't agree to our protection of agriculture because they want to offload their farming surplus on us.

They like us when we're bending over.

I think Corbyn is in favour of this kind of shit. It's probably the way things will go here in time once our politicians stop fucking about. Unless you're not in the game of back scratching - which most of the World is but we just opted out of - it makes sense to rig things in your favour. Considering that ours and the US' industries are on our arse it would make sense to have a protectionist thing going on.

Look thru any of my posts ever & you'll find I've always agreed with protectionism. Make your own stuff, then buy what you can't make. I am fed up to the back teeth with buying stuff from countries that pay their workers next to fuck all, I'd sooner pay a few quid more & make sure we can look after our own.

I can't imagine any time in my life when the USA would not have stood alongside the UK in any issue with Russia. Blimey they've changed.

Europe - strong backing from many sides which I was surprised about given current status. The US - silence and they sack the only person in the Administration who said anything supportive of the UK with regards to Russia.

Jesus f*cking Christ.

Trump arriving today!

Let's sit back with the popcorn and see what mischief he'll cause

People will protest Trump but do nothing when Saudis etc roll in to town. I find it strange hes such a hate figure when he hasnt actually done anything wrong apart from say some stupid things.

Seems weird the likes of Gary Lineker and Lily Allen cheered the release of the Burma president who has gone on to commit ethnic cleansing but stoke up hate against Trump.

People will protest Trump but do nothing when Saudis etc roll in to town. I find it strange hes such a hate figure when he hasnt actually done anything wrong apart from say some stupid things.

Seems weird the likes of Gary Lineker and Lily Allen cheered the release of the Burma president who has gone on to commit ethnic cleansing but stoke up hate against Trump.

I did a double take.....thought you said

the Burma president who has gone on to commit ethnic cleansing in Stoke

Don't know why people would be arssed to go and protest. Same as the 'Free Tommy' mob. Waste of time isn't it?

Don't understand why some British people revere Trump though. He's already started threatening us that we won't give us a trade deal. They're kidding themselves if they believe he's some great friend to the UK.

Thanks to not watching telly or the news I didn't even know he was here. Glad I'm missing all of the drama.

Trump is the kind of **** you're best off just ignoring. Remember when you'd go to parties when you were young and some twat was yap yap yapping to get attention, that's Trump but he never grew out of it. I'm sure he's enjoying his visit though, he's with the one other world leader who makes him look smart.

Thanks to not watching telly or the news I didn't even know he was here. Glad I'm missing all of the drama.

Trump is the kind of **** you're best off just ignoring. Remember when you'd go to parties when you were young and some twat was yap yap yapping to get attention, that's Trump but he never grew out of it. I'm sure he's enjoying his visit though, he's with the one other world leader who makes him look smart.

:thumbsup_still: :thumbsup_still: :thumbsup_still:

I must say I am a huge Trump fan and seeing all those soapy cunts who are protesting in working hours makes me like him even more

He has visited more of less every country in Europe yet here all the lefty cunts are disgusted that the democratically elected president of the USA has been allowed to visit the UK

As has been mentioned, no problems with the Burmese, Chinese or Saudis visiting

Edited by E R

I must say I am a huge Trump fan and seeing all those soapy cunts who are protesting in working hours makes me like him even more

He has visited more of less every country in Europe yet here all the lefty cunts are disgusted that the democratically elected president of the USA has been allowed to visit the UK

What did you make of the dopey **** walking in front of The Queen?

This post made me laugh. when I saw who posted it. If someone is a **** or something is cuntish . this **** is for it . fuck all changes on here.

Anyway hows it going duck , what do you weigh in now . Bet you are piling it on now you are getting older . you hit twenty stone yet?.

Tbh we was having a whip round on here because we thought you had been crushed under a wheel of cheddar. You was probably out in Russia marvelling at what a fantastic job they had done with the World Cup as I know you miss the good ol days of the USSR

I would bet a pound to a penny you do not like president Trump?

63 million Americans voted for him mate and he seems to be the only world leader with the balls to stand up to Russia so perhaps after today you might have a bit more respect

Stand up to Russia? Trump stands up to Nato, the G7 and EU, but certainly not to Russia. Also, Hilary got more votes at the last election than Trump did.

...he seems to be the only world leader with the balls to stand up to Russia so perhaps after today you might have a bit more respect

Jesus fucking christ.

Jesus fucking christ.

Even Fox turned on him yesterday saying he's thrown America under a bus in favour of Putin

The geezer is a clusterfuck of monumental proportions.

It says a great deal about the intellectual capacity of the septics who voted him into office..... God help us all ..