Sign in to follow this  
Caz

Macron

A sign of positive things to come hopefully, this kind of sponsorship can only be a good thing.

Read as: They gave us more cash, they're going to make us what we want rather than off the peg stuff and we'll be a bigger fish in their smaller pond getting more attention.

Versace could supply the kit for all i care and it be made out of leather with peep holes... if they pay enough and it means the club is better off for it so be it.

Yeah couldn't give a fuck. Not like I buy any of the shite anyway.

If it brings in more money then it's a good deal.

I got my son this years home shirt and in my opinion it is fucking awesome. If it had the treefoil Adidas badge it would be perfect

Not too keen on macron seems like a step down in quality. More money for the club is good and the kits look like they will become more unique. Not too keen on it all tbh tho...

This place.. :lol:

Who gives a gnat's knacker? You're all grown men ffs!!

Well said IKS. Get the dollar in...end of.

If branding doesnt matter I trust you will all be wearing these Murf specials down The Haven on match days next season

11lk02e.jpg

It matters I guess because our European cup winning shirts were Adidas

A record breaking deal for the club and new bespoke kits. Lets judge when the kits come out in June shall we. We have been using template kits for years, our home kit looks like Birminghams away kit! These deals can only be a good thing. I always wondered how we fell in FFP trouble when other teams spent a lot more than us and its because we never had deals like this in place.

Everything the Greeks and their team have done to date has been a positive and with the benefit of the club at the centre of the decision, I back this to be similar.

I've never heard of them. When I opened this thread I thought 'Macron' was going to be a 33 year old Brazilian forward.

I've never heard of them. When I opened this thread I thought 'Macron' was going to be a 33 year old Brazilian forward.

:smile_anim: :laughingsmiley: :laughingsmiley: :smile_anim:

Exactly this. I thought we signed somebody on a free transfer too.

As for the shirts, I haven't bought one since they were made by Umbro and were emblazoned with "Capital One", but a quick google image search for "macron football kits" has allayed any fears of our lads looking like a Sunday league team. Some of the bespoke kits look really eye catching.

ER, those are extreme examples. Now look, I'm no Serbian nationalist, but you really do have to admire the classy job Macron have done on this season's Red Star Belgrade shirt:

http://www.macron.com/eu/en/red-star-belgrade-2017-18-adults-home-match-jersey-096f0f.html

Very tasteful, plus it even has two stars above the badge, just like ours. The third kit has a tasteful simplicity too (I do love a clean white shirt with red trim):

http://www.macron.com/eu/en/red-star-belgrade-2017-18-adults-third-match-jersey-194972.html