Sign in to follow this  
E R

Boxing thread

Come on Haye shut this gobby **** up once and for all

Save yourself 20 quid lads on good ol ER

http://aliez.me/live/tony_bellew_vs_david/

I like Bellew. He knows he is limited and, if you have ever seen him as a pundit, clearly knows the game inside out. Whilst he can be a bit distasteful, much like Tyson Fury, at least he doesnt have a carefully managed media front like Joshua.

As for the fight I think itll go long and can see a late Haye stoppage but would not be surprised for it to go to points and Bellew to sneak it.

On all the build up on Sky this week Ive heard Bellews win deacribed as fantastic one sided bout a convincing win. Has everyone forgot Haye was on one leg for five rounds and the bomber couldnt even knock him out? Eddie Hearns deal with Sky has ruined boxing.

Blimey what did Haye look like in those shorts. He can barely move and the leg clearly went again - Robbing the public as always Haye now back under your stone

Haye's had 6 fights in 7 years and 4 of them have been manufactured grudge matches - 1 with Audrey, 1 with Chisora and 2 with Bellew. He's had more manufactured grudge matches than Hulk Hogan. He was once a great cruiser-weight but that was in the last decade. This decade he's been a con-man and to be honest he only ever had one good win at heavyweight against Valuev. Surely he can't con another big payday out of the sport?

I can't get my head around the amount of fans Haye always seems to have (on social media) in a build up to a fight, stating he is going to do this and that. He's been a fraud for years. Enjoyed seeing him get beat up 😁🥊 ultimately he is the one laughing by blagging another pay day I supoose.

I can't get my head around the amount of fans Haye always seems to have (on social media) in a build up to a fight, stating he is going to do this and that. He's been a fraud for years. Enjoyed seeing him get beat up ultimately he is the one laughing by blagging another pay day I supoose.

Blagging pay days is what lots of sportsmen do, look at footballers especially ours. I know the money isn't the same as getting into a boxing ring but they've been blagging their pay days for years now.

There was an article on Bbc website recently about Gareth Bale. Will he ever play for Real Madrid again, poor Bale doesn't know if he's wanted at the club... At the club who pay him £0000's every week!! It really is poor Gareth Bale blagging a millionaires lifestyle not even playing and one of just a few players who, if fit, could not play all season, still earn £millions and still get selected for their country.

Edited by JohnReese

That was a real turn up. Also loved the Irish guy, Mcdonagh I think, retiring in his stool and then offering Eubank out after. You just bottled a boxing match with him and now want a street fight with someone who is known to be a great street fighter lol. 

Watched it round my mates and predicted Osyk inside 8. Whilst Bellew did ok in the first few rounds, had you been listening to the Sky commentary you’d think he was knocking Osyk all over the place. Only Paulie Malignaggi spoke any sense. 

A brave performance from Bellew but the gulf in class was obvious from the get go. He can retire now with a decent wedge tucked away and his health intact. He wrung out a career far beyond his natural limitations and ducked nobody so for that he should be credited. 

Don't know anyone who said he didn't win. Fury outclassed him from start to finish and he got up from those knockdowns.  That in my.book says he got hit with good punches nothing more. 

Who we going for De Gale or Eubank?

i think Eubank is shit and De Gale is shot - but I think De Gale has been in with a higher class of fighter and whilst he looks over the hill, I thought Eubank against Groves showed just how over rated and poor Eubank is 

De Gale on points 

De Gale in his prime would batter Eubank but Badou Jack and Caleb Truax have took their toll on him. I think Eubank might be a bit too quick and offensive for him. 

Tough one to call. Eubank Jr looks world class for about 6 minutes of every fight but has yet to put in a truly impressive performance. The DeGale of two or three years ago would box his ears off but that war with Jack has taken years off him. I’m going for DeGale on points. 

My interest in watching boxing has been revived due to Tyson Fury so I'll be watching this. I really can't call it although I haven't seen De Gale fight since he fought Groves...and I haven't seen Eubanks Jnr in his last few either. Tough one.