Sign in to follow this  
E R

Boxing thread

Joshua looks fairly limited to me.

Yep, and it's a sad indictment of the Heavyweight division that a fairly limited boxer holds 3 belts.

America used to churn out great heavyweight boxers, now there's hardly anything coming out of the States.

Why the decline in quality fighters in this division?

I disagree. I thought he barely got going cause he didn't need to. He reminds me of Lewis who I don't think ever looked as good as he was 'cause he was technically good enough to not have to get into many spats.

Parker was never going to seriously challenge Joshua so he only really needed to turn up, there was never going to be any need for that extra effort he needed v Klitchsko but it may be a different story v Wilder if the fight does happen.

This wasn't Joshua on all cylinders but he didn't need to be, he was always winning this fight.

Thought the ref ruined the fight by constantly breaking the fighters apart and not allowing any close action .. Seemed like he was going by amateur rules .

I think that was a pretty good performance from Joshua. He realised early on that he Parker posed no threat apart from his speed, which is very fast for a heavyweight, so he just controlled the ring from the middle and jabbed away all night getting some rounds in. Personally I think its a monkey off his back now that he didnt knock him out and he also answered questions about his stamina, he didnt even look tired at the end.

I see a lot of people saying that the ref not letting them fight inside helped Joshua but i disagree. Parker is known for quick combos and then moving away where as Joshuas trademark punch is the right uppercut, fighting at distance is a lot more suitable to Parker than it is Joshua.

I think that was a pretty good performance from Joshua. He realised early on that he Parker posed no threat apart from his speed, which is very fast for a heavyweight, so he just controlled the ring from the middle and jabbed away all night getting some rounds in. Personally I think its a monkey off his back now that he didnt knock him out and he also answered questions about his stamina, he didnt even look tired at the end.

I see a lot of people saying that the ref not letting them fight inside helped Joshua but i disagree. Parker is known for quick combos and then moving away where as Joshuas trademark punch is the right uppercut, fighting at distance is a lot more suitable to Parker than it is Joshua.

Plus most of the time they were just hanging on to each other. I think the commentators overplayed the ref thing, he stepped in too early a couple of times but it's boxing not wrestling.

Yep, and it's a sad indictment of the Heavyweight division that a fairly limited boxer holds 3 belts.

America used to churn out great heavyweight boxers, now there's hardly anything coming out of the States.

Why the decline in quality fighters in this division?

Different times Dane. Young 'un's are hungry enough nowadays and in my view the standard has dropped. Black Americans would sooner be shooting each other than fist fights.

Agree about the ref but you can blame that **** Hearn for that. The only chance Parker would ever have would be if he got inside so they hand picked a ref who they knew would break them every time they got too close. How anyone can say the long distance battle of jabs suited Parker is laughable

And Hearn couldnt care less as Joshua won and the cash cow keeps producing

I think Joshua is a decent heavyweight but I would fancy Fury if he was fit and had a couple of warm up fights

He is also too over muscled - reminds me of Frank Bruno

I havent seen much of Wilder but it is a piss poor heavyweight division

I'd love to see Fury take all the belts but he was put down by Steve Cunningham - a fucking cruiserweight. I don't think he's got a great chin and there's no way he's gonna be able to stop Joshua landing for 12 rounds. The inactivity will also go massively against him. I wouldn't be shocked if Joshua did him in the first round and Fury just took home his massive payday.

Edited by A new man

Yeah I dont get all the sudden love for Fury. He was a boring shit fighter before the Wlad fight and now all of a sudden hes the most feared boxer in the world? He did well against Klitschko but it wasnt a brilliant performance, Klitschko turned his back on him giving him a free hit and he still didnt trouble him. Fury has no power and while he can make a slow Klitschko miss he wont be able to stop Joshu, Wilder or Parker landing.

Fury - a fat, ignorant twat and a 100% embarrassment to UK boxing. I do not wish a single victory for the guy.

Fury - a fat, ignorant twat and a 100% embarrassment to UK boxing. I do not wish a single victory for the guy.

I used to think that but he's grown on me

Sadly I think Khan will be too much for Le Greco and see a big points win

I must say I have never liked Khan who has only come back with his tail between his legs because he realised the yanks were too much for him. No doubt he will eventually fight Brook for a last big pay day and then thankfully fuck off for good

I must say I have never liked Khan who has only come back with his tail between his legs because he realised the yanks were too much for him. No doubt he will eventually fight Brook for a last big pay day and then thankfully fuck off for good

Yep, me too. He's an absolute cock who think he's way better than he actually is.

Agree. He's the Tyson Fury of the lightweights.

Not quite. Whether you like Fury or not he conquered the heavyweight division and beat a champion whod be dominant for a decade. None of Khans achievements have come close (and hes not been a lightweight for some time).

Edited by Danny

Not quite. Whether you like Fury or not he conquered the heavyweight division and beat a champion whod be dominant for a decade. None of Khans achievements have come close (and hes not been a lightweight for some time).

A prime Klitschko would've beaten Fury easily but like other heavyweight champions have done he stayed around too long and was way past his best when he fought Fury. Both Joshua & Wilder would beat Fury with ease though a fight between Joshua & Wilder is the one all boxing fans want to see & I for one hope it happens this year, think Joshua would win on points.

A prime Klitschko would've beaten Fury easily but like other heavyweight champions have done he stayed around too long and was way past his best when he fought Fury. Both Joshua & Wilder would beat Fury with ease though a fight between Joshua & Wilder is the one all boxing fans want to see & I for one hope it happens this year, think Joshua would win on points.

I'd be amazed if AJ vs Wilder went to points. Two biggest hitters in the division and both only been the distance once. Joshua will easily outbox him but you always have to watch out for those windmills. I've seen Wilder outboxed a few times but he keeps winning. That guy can punch!

Anyone who thinks Tyson Fury isn't a worthy champion doesn't know boxing.

As an aside, he's better value for money than those boring robots like Anthony Joshua. zzzzz

This is what Steve Bunce thinks.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/boxing/663534/Tyson-Fury-would-beat-Anthony-Joshua-fight-Wladimir-Klitschko-half-best-video-Steve-Bunce

Klitchcko barely landed a glove on Fury where as he was really unlucky to lose to Joshua. I thought Joshua was gone at one point. If Fury gets back to the fitness he had against Wlad I fancy he will do both Joshua and Wlder