Sign in to follow this  
E R

Boxing thread

Seems like the old thread has disappeared

So how do people see things going on Saturday with Groves v Eubank jnr?

I must say I still cant stand that whining ginger **** since the Froch fights when even after his was sparked clean out in the second fight he got up and was still saying he wants a rematch

He is however a step up in class for Eubank but I am still going for (maybe more hoping for) Eubank in the last 3 rounds with a stoppage

Tbh besty I am in and out. Groves is the bigger man and imo it could be 3 rounds and Groves does him and Eubank later on.

I did 3 bets - Groves 1-3, Groves KO and Eubank 10-12

I think it is back to the old days with some good UK match ups yet Ramirez would smash all 4 in the same night imo

Hard to separate these two but I am going to take a punt on a points win for Eubank. Groves is bigger but I think Eubank is the smarter boxer. Either way it should be a cracking fight and I would fancy either to do Smith, assuming he beats Braehmer, in the final.

The mouthy little ginger prick has come out now and said he'd have beaten Eubank Snr. Sorry George but it would have been the same as the first Froch fight - you hit him with your best and when he's still coming at you after 6 rounds you'd have ran out of steam and ideas.

I hope Eubank Jnr knocks his head off. Howard Foster got him that rematch at Wembley with that early stoppage. I've watched it loads of times now and Groves was done for when Foster stepped in and wouldn't have lasted the round. Can't stand fighters that always have an excuse.

Edited by A new man

Even when Froch put him to sleep in the next fight the silly **** got up and after ten minutes with the doctor said he wanted a 3rd rematch

I truly cant stand him

The mouthy little ginger prick has come out now and said he'd have beaten Eubank Snr. Sorry George but it would have been the same as the first Froch fight - you hit him with your best and when he's still coming at you after 6 rounds you'd have ran out of steam and ideas.

I hope Eubank Jnr knocks his head off. Howard Foster got him that rematch at Wembley with that early stoppage. I've watched it loads of times now and Groves was done for when Foster stepped in and wouldn't have lasted the round. Can't stand fighters that always have an excuse.

Ive always said that too, Foster saved him a beating. When the stoppage happened he turned his back on Froch with his hands by his side, Froch would probably have knocked him out there and then. He moaned after saying the fight should have been stopped in the first or second because Froch took more of a beating than he did. True, Froch did take a beating but he never put his arms down, he never walked around gasping for breath ans his chin never dropped.

Eubank Jr is half the fighter his dad was and I think hell box rings around Groves tonight.

I can't stand Groves either so was hoping to see him get beat as I usually hope for haha.

Takes me back to good times seeing Froch knock the **** out at Wembley. Train to Wembley full of Forest fans singing George Groves is a mardy **** 😀 During the fight I was surrounded by Groves fans/Froch haters. Felt 10ft tall 😂 Actually I would like Froch to come out of retirement and do the **** again 🤣

Groves was much better tactically than Eubank in this fight though. Some of those wild swings were embarrassing.

I can't stand Groves either so was hoping to see him get beat as I usually hope for haha.

Takes me back to good times seeing Froch knock the **** out at Wembley. Train to Wembley full of Forest fans singing George Groves is a mardy **** During the fight I was surrounded by Groves fans/Froch haters. Felt 10ft tall Actually I would like Froch to come out of retirement and do the **** again

Groves was much better tactically than Eubank in this fight though. Some of those wild swings were embarrassing.

I went to the fight and was surrounded by Groves fans too. These two lads struck up a conversation with me before the fight and were asking who I thought would win. When I said Froch would win again they couldn't believe it and said I was crazy. They scarpered about 5 seconds after the KO so I didn't even get time to gloat unfortunately.

Edited by nottmred

I know David Haye is a knob but I really hope he knocks out Bellew. How can Bellew call that last win legitimate? He was on sky sports news earlier saying it was nothing to do with the injury and he won fair and square! He lost the first five rounds, then Haye got injured and he still couldnt knock him out! Took six rounds before Hayes corner threw in the towel!

I think I am in the minority but I like Bellew. He knows the boxing game inside out and knows to make money he has to sell a fight. He is obviously limited in the ring but he has managed to wring every ounce of talent out of himself and made a respectable, and no doubt pretty lucrative, career. Watching him as a commentator on Sky he is very astute when discussing a fight. For example he was one of a handful of pundits who confidently predicted a Groves win last week.

For me I hope he takes Hayes head off. He should go down as one of the best cruiserweights in living memory but his silly foray, and dragging out of his terminal career, at heavyweight means that is what, albeit unfairly, he will be remembered for.

Anyway, less of all this Bellew, Groves, Eubank malarkey. I won my first ever adult match tonight, Only been going five weeks and jumped at the chance to go under the ropes. Got a little trophy 'n all. :thumbsup_anim:

Anyway, less of all this Bellew, Groves, Eubank malarkey. I won my first ever adult match tonight, Only been going five weeks and jumped at the chance to go under the ropes. Got a little trophy 'n all. :thumbsup_anim:

Nice one Andy. :thumbsup_still: :thumbsup_still:

Just one question mate. Do you wear a gumshield, or do you just take yer gnashers out? :lol: :lol:

Nice one Andy. :thumbsup_still: :thumbsup_still:

Just one question mate. Do you wear a gumshield, or do you just take yer gnashers out? :lol: :lol:

Dane , what Andy omitted to tell us is that his opponent had a white stick ! :wink2: :happystrange:

All the Americans on Facebook and Twitter boasting about Wilders performance last night and saying how scared Joshua must be. I think they must have watched a different fight to me. Ortiz was up on all cards and despite being about 50 years old still had Wilder wobbled. I think Wilder is more on Whytes level than Joshua, Fury, Parker and Pulev.

I forgot it was on tbh but I did watch Kell Brook who looked decent against a poor Russian

A mate reminded me of something and said about when he was stabbed. I had forgotten about it tbh and he told the story that brook was on holiday with his family, they went back to the hotel and he stayed out and then went home with a strange man who stabbed him

He said there are a lot of rumours about Brook and from what he has heard (he is a professional trainer) that he dont mind his shit being stabbed a bit as well (not that I have a problem with gay boxers but he is married with kids so just putting it out there to see if anyone else has heard this and is he the first gay boxer?)

Another good mate of mine swore blind Lennox was gay and we saw him once over north London in a Chinese with a young boy who my mate swore was his partner and they did look close I must admit

Edited by E R

Emile Griffith is one gay boxer to spring to mind. Im sure there was a Mexican fighter who came out last year too.