108 replies to this topic

#101 molymoly

molymoly

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:03 PM

I have to ask the question, if Karanka is that good a manager, why was he out of work for nearly a year, and why does he end up at a tin pot club like Forest?

5 more winless, goalless games and he'll be gone. Marinakis can't afford for us to go down.

Behave yourself lad. Why are you fanning the anti-Karanka flames? He was appointed in January.

#102 Dane B

Dane B

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,869 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:02 AM

Behave yourself lad. Why are you fanning the anti-Karanka flames? He was appointed in January.

Not fanning any flames Moly, just stating my own personal opinion. I don't have to like a manager. I don't have to like his brand of football. And I don't have to like the fact that his team have failed to score a single goal in the last 4 games.

We've appointed the wrong man yet again. Just my opinion of course.

Thankfully, we have Sunderland, Barnsley, and Burton below us. Those 3 will make sure we stay up this season.

I LOVE GOLF, I LOVE MY WIFE, AND I ENJOY DOING BOTH.

#103 Fatles

Fatles

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:31 AM

I can only take it most of you lot havent been to any games under Karanka. Ive been to them all bar Wolves (like a twat) and its the worst football Ive ever seen. I know a couple of people who support Boro and they said the same thing, worst football theyve seen when they was in the prem. Paying £30 a game to watch a team not even try to score, Im a mug.

You're joking right?
Lot better than the tippy tappy across our own penalty box.
More organised and less Fukking passing backwards.

Edited by Fatles, 18 February 2018 - 08:33 AM.

#104 molymoly

molymoly

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:32 AM

Not fanning any flames Moly, just stating my own personal opinion. I don't have to like a manager. I don't have to like his brand of football. And I don't have to like the fact that his team have failed to score a single goal in the last 4 games.

We've appointed the wrong man yet again. Just my opinion of course.

Thankfully, we have Sunderland, Barnsley, and Burton below us. Those 3 will make sure we stay up this season.

My point is he hasn't be here long enough to establish any concrete brand yet.

#105 JohnReese

JohnReese

Trialist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:46 AM

I have to ask the question, if Karanka is that good a manager, why was he out of work for nearly a year, and why does he end up at a tin pot club like Forest?

5 more winless, goalless games and he'll be gone. Marinakis can't afford for us to go down.

It could be the best manager in the world at Forest but it would make no difference if the players are crap. If a striker misses a chance to score, he'd miss that chance whoever the manager was. Likewise a defender not defending or a midfielder not creating, if they're crap that's it, we have to accept it.

Honestly can't see where our next win is coming from purely coz we can't score, Reading will do us on Tuesday.

#106 A new man

A new man

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:20 PM

It could be the best manager in the world at Forest but it would make no difference if the players are crap. If a striker misses a chance to score, he'd miss that chance whoever the manager was. Likewise a defender not defending or a midfielder not creating, if they're crap that's it, we have to accept it.

Honestly can't see where our next win is coming from purely coz we can't score, Reading will do us on Tuesday.

Maybe if we give a manager more than a few months then we could get rid of the dross and bring some decent players in. When was the last time a manager at Forest got three transfer windows to truly make the team their own?

Edited by A new man, 18 February 2018 - 01:20 PM.

#107 JohnReese

JohnReese

Trialist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:32 PM

Maybe if we give a manager more than a few months then we could get rid of the dross and bring some decent players in. When was the last time a manager at Forest got three transfer windows to truly make the team their own?

That would be Billy Davies (Jan 2009-June 2011)

Agree with what you say we should do but in recent seasons we seem to get rid of some dross only to replace with more dross, that's what has to stop but will it?? Also, any time we get a better than average player he gets sold. In recent seasons Britt, Oli Burke, Antonio, Paterson. We'd have a pretty decent frontline now if we'd kept those four, still a crap defence though!

#108 Thommo

Thommo

sidelined by injury

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:47 PM

Ultimate blame for the clubs position lies with our owners. Doughty left the club in a poor shape to deal with FFP being over reliant on him as a benefector. Although he kept the wage bill and transfer fees in check we didnt have off field revenue coming coming in. Fawaz the boy child utterly ruined the club financially, stupid wages, turn over in managers high transfer fees. The Greeks ... are they any better? Part of me thinks no.

As for the manager, agree with the comments on one up top. But whats he do? Shit defence and you dont win games conceding goals. I think the forest job is a massive shit sandwich, fans are all mongs who dont realise how fucked to the core the club is. Honestly think it will be years before we challenge properly unless FFP rules are ditched and the owner wants to spend.

Me personally Id play the most physical line up I could, drop the midgets and go 442 hard to beat and hoof.

#109 bestwood_red!

bestwood_red!

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:51 PM

Ultimate blame for the clubs position lies with our owners. Doughty left the club in a poor shape to deal with FFP being over reliant on him as a benefector. Although he kept the wage bill and transfer fees in check we didnt have off field revenue coming coming in. Fawaz the boy child utterly ruined the club financially, stupid wages, turn over in managers high transfer fees. The Greeks ... are they any better? Part of me thinks no.

As for the manager, agree with the comments on one up top. But whats he do? Shit defence and you dont win games conceding goals. I think the forest job is a massive shit sandwich, fans are all mongs who dont realise how fucked to the core the club is. Honestly think it will be years before we challenge properly unless FFP rules are ditched and the owner wants to spend.

Me personally Id play the most physical line up I could, drop the midgets and go 442 hard to beat and hoof.

I agree about the new owners, Olympiakos arent exactly doing well, fans protesting and Oscar Garcia yet to win a game.

I agree with the team as well but I just dont think we have enough fighters in the squad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users