E R

Burton v Forest

Our luck has to change somewhere

1-2 to the good guys - Tomlin and Murphy

Fuck knows. I think theyd be jittery against a pub side at the moment.

That said ill Take a wild stab at a forest win by a single goal - even if its a Burton own goal.

I think a big part of our problem is playing at home in front of 23k critics.

1-1

I'd drop Manciane and play Alf the council street cleaner.

Considering how lousy we've been away from home for the last few seasons and how appalling our recent performances have been I can see nothing but another embarrassing defeat here and being dragged further into the shit. We generally don't perform well against teams at the bottom either! Let's hope Burton have a stinker.

Drop Mancienne and possibly Worrall; they look like their confidence has just evaporated - I'd play Fox and the new lad at CB. I'd like to see Watson in the centre as well.

Edited by molymoly

Pantilimon

Colback

Figueiredo

Fox

Lichaj

Watson

Bridcutt

Lolley

Tomlin

Cash

Murphy

Id try Fox in the centre again too. Hes looked more comfortable there in the past. Got to dump this one up top shit whatever else we do.

I think a big part of our problem is playing at home in front of 23k critics.

Easy excuse for our lot to peddle out when in actuality we are no better and no worse than any other set of fans in that aspect.

As for the match, 1-1.

Id try Fox in the centre again too. Hes looked more comfortable there in the past. Got to dump this one up top shit whatever else we do.

Isn't Fox the only left back we have?

He's a fucking terrible full back but to be fair to him he hasn't done too badly at centre-half. Mancienne desperately needs taking out of the firing line.

What about playing that Portuguese kid who is on loan? Waste of time bringing him in just to sit on his arse so we may as well give him a go. Cant be any worse than Mancienne has been.

Doubtful whether Lichaj will be selected. His latest performances been sub-par compared to his usually high standards. Karanka as with Warburton initially believes the fault of our defensive frailties is partly down to him so the player could be dropped with Darikwa given another opportunity. Makes no difference If the players continue to stupid careless mistakes, or fail to defend against free kicks / corners (19 Goals conceded from set-pieces). The issue is carelessness, idiotic decisions and Midfield failing to track back or man-mark leaving the defence exposed and vulnerable.

Doubtful whether Lichaj will be selected. His latest performances been sub-par compared to his usually high standards. Karanka as with Warburton initially believes the fault of our defensive frailties is partly down to him so the player could be dropped with Darikwa given another opportunity. Makes no difference If the players continue to stupid careless mistakes, or fail to defend against free kicks / corners (19 Goals conceded from set-pieces). The issue is carelessness, idiotic decisions and Midfield failing to track back or man-mark leaving the defence exposed and vulnerable.

Darikwa? Please no.

Burton 2 - Forest 0........unless we start with a more attacking line up and take the game to Burton.

Burton have lost 10 of their last 11 home games. That's got to be among the worst ever runs in this division, you know what that means.....

Burton 1-0 Forest

Well, there's the deadline day signing Fuentes, he hasn't played in eight months and only played a handful of games in two years but I'm sure he'll be fine :unsure:

In other news I see Traore played and scored for Cardiff last night. Peltier and Ward started too, so they're one point off automatic promotion with 30% of their outfield players Forest rejects :nerd:

Edited by Art Vandelay

Fuentes if hes fit.

Edit didnt see that ^

Edited by Thommo

Traore played in the 1-4 victory against Leeds, and scored in the 2-0 Home win against Bolton. The difference is that Traore is played as the left midfielder by Warnock for Cardiff. Although I understand your point ART about our ex-players suddenly improving once they leave the City Ground. Too many times we see this occurring, but who is to blame? The Players, Manager, Coach, Tactics, Pitch, Tea Lady, The Trent water, Supporters or a combination? Unsure but it is infuriating wasting money, time, and effort on the players for them to succeed and blossom at our rivals.

It wouldnt surprise me if we lost this. I have a horrible feeling about Figueiredo making his debut on a cold wet scrappy afternoon and being owned by experienced lower league players.

MM should be dropped of course but I think I'd keep Worrall at CB alongside Fox and play Colback at left back.

Edited by Daz

Although I understand your point ART about our ex-players suddenly improving once they leave the City Ground. Too many times we see this occurring, but who is to blame?

I think it's just another consequence of the high player (and manager) turnover and always having too many players. Whenever we sign someone they're in and out the side, playing in different positions, in a different line up in every match, under different managers, different styles, different tactics etc. We never have an actual team, it's just a rag tag bunch of random characters passing through or topping up their pension pot before retirement. When they go somewhere else and suddenly they’re playing every week, in the same position, with a specific role, the same team mates etc so inevitably they perform better.

Or maybe he is just trying a bit harder as he knows Forest dont want him and he wants a new deal at Cardiff

Lots of players leave and do fuck all - you only noticed on the very odd occasion that they do well.

I dont think Traore was shipped out because of his ability from what people have said it was his attitude and given all we have for cover is Fox you would assume Karanka saw him as a bad egg

Yeah, we can all see Traore is a decent player but Warburton had him on the sidelines before he got the boot and Karanka fucked him off straight away. There's obviously summat going on there.

Of course Traore doesn't have a good attitude. But that was obvious before we signed him - all the more reason to have a clear plan to get the best out of him. It's not just Traore though is it? What was the plan to get the best out of Lica? What was Teixera's role in the team expected to be? Did we do everything to possible to make Bentdner a success? what was the point in McCormack exactly?

We made 15 signings last season and none of them really worked. It's not just bad luck....

Edited by Art Vandelay

It is a huge indication of just how shit our transfer business is when you realise that none of the duds signed last season are here now. As for the crap signed this summer - Darikwa is hopeless, Cummings has fucked off back to Scotland, McKay seems to have disappeared and Murphy, surprise surprise given his age, has struggled with injuries. Is there any other club with such a laughable transfer record?

As for the two dozen players we bought in last month, given our record, they will be all at other clubs by September.

Edited by Danny