i.k.s

Who we signed & who we sold

A lot must have gone with terminations though. How come the contracts are terminated, then they join another club? What's the difference to a free transfer?

Free transfer still involves the clubs

Terminated Contract - Player with no contract is a free agent and can sign to a club whenever.... technically easier to do than a free transfer during windows as you're not time bound by FIFA or exposed if someone fucks up the paperwork.

That chairman for Hull, is he the same one that wanted to rename them the tigers and because he didnt get his way he pulled out the cash? If so, total dick.

A lot of credit has to go to Karanka for yesterday. He definitely wasn't fucking about. Although it is what was needed it took balls to do what he did yesterday cancelling contracts. I hope the existing squad were all on board with the idea of Karanka terminating contracts if not then its a rocket up their arse anyway to play as well as they can. Some really good champonshio quality players brought in. Thank fuck we lost 3-0 to north end the night before! Lol.

:lol: Classic Forest - It's an entire new team of knackered old has-beens and random journeymen.

I think I'm more pleased that we have got rid of some of the deadwood than I am with what we've signed Art.

Sad fact is that our already bloated squad is even bigger after the window.

Of the players we have signed.

Pantilimon - surely cannot be worse than Smith or Henderson.

Figueiredo - could be anything. At least only here for 4 months if he's shite.

Colback -Best signing of the lot IMO

Watson - Coming in as a permanent signing. Don't like giving 2/3 year contracts to 32 year olds.

Dejagah - Could be anything. A bit of an animal apparently. Never gives up.

Tomlin - Only been at Cardiff for 6 months.....and then swapped for Jamie fucking Ward. Says it all really.

Dawson - If he signs, we'll be giving a minimum 2 year contract to a 34 year old. No thanks. There are better options out there.

Guedioura - Permanent. Really? Another contract that takes the player up to 35. Never go back.

Lolley - Long contract, but hopefully worth it.

All in all some decent business, but some of the contracts dished out to older players we could have done without.

At least Karanka hasn't pussy-footed around. He's been decisive and will live or die by this.

I dare say in 12 months time we will haranguing the next manager to clear out the deadwood (again) but this is as good as it'll get at Forest I fear. Enjoy it.

Hopefully the more experienced additions will pass on something to our younger lot.

A bit of experience is never a bad thing when trying to get promoted or fighting relegation. Just that bit of extra knowledge.

Looks like a few fighters in there too which will be good. People who get stuck in

i always though he was half decent so it must be his attitude

Shite attitude and regularly injured so whilst I agree he has ability he was rarely an asset to the club. Interesting however that promotion chasing Cardiff have taken on two of our lot whilst shipping out Tomlin who Warnock claimed was his main target last summer.

In;

Pantilimon, 30 (Watford - loan)..ok is he any better than smith?

Colback, 28 (Newcastle - loan)..brill

Lolley, 25 (Huddersfield - 4.5yrs)..brill

Guedioura, 32 (Middlesbrough - 2.5yrs)..not sure hes 32 now hmmm

Tomlin, 29 (Cardiff City - loan) get fit quick laddy..

Dejagah, 31 (unattached - 0.5yrs) not sure..

Watson, 32 (Watford, TBC)..hmmm not sure

Figueirido, 23 (Sporting Lisbon - loan) cant wait to see this guy play..

Out;

Ward - Cardiff City...no loss

Henderson - Portsmouth..no loss

Mills - Barnsley...no loss legs had started to go...

Carayol - Ipswich..no loss

Walker - Bolton..not sure he will make it?

Clough - Bolton no great loss atm...

Traore i expect him to be gone....

Cummings- Rangers

Hull should do the right thing tomorrow and terminate Dawson's contract

Does it matter if Hull terminate his contract? I was under the impression that if he is in contract outside a transfer window, he can't terminate contract and sign for someone else.

I think I'm more pleased that we have got rid of some of the deadwood than I am with what we've signed Art.

Sad fact is that our already bloated squad is even bigger after the window.

Exactly. The priority should have been to trim the squad right down but it's even bigger! We've got rid of a bit of deadwood but just replaced them with more of the same, within minutes! Carayol and Ward have just been replaced with Lolley and Dejagah. Guedioura, Watson, and Dawson are past it, Tomlin's not fit, and Colback is crap. Yet again we've gone crazy in the final day of the window just signing a load of random unneeded waifs and strays

Even if they were any good, what's the point of loans when you're just winding the season down in midtable? We'll have a team full of other people's players while we pay our own players sit at home or loan them out to our rivals. It's bizarre.

Exactly. The priority should have been to trim the squad right down but it's even bigger! We've got rid of a bit of deadwood but just replaced them with more of the same, within minutes! Carayol and Ward have just been replaced with Lolley and Dejagah. Guedioura, Watson, and Dawson are past it, Tomlin's not fit, and Colback is crap. Yet again we've gone crazy in the final day of the window just signing a load of random unneeded waifs and strays

Even if they were any good, what's the point of loans when you're just winding the season down in midtable? We'll have a team full of other people's players while we pay our own players sit at home or loan them out to our rivals. It's bizarre.

Just love it when someone slags off a new signing without even seeing them play for us .. Unbelievable !! :worried_anim: :worried_anim:

The forum would be a bit dull if everyone just sat on the fence about every signing and waited until they'd played a few seasons for Forest. Which they won't, because they'll have to be rotated with the other 30 players on the books before we pay them to leave in a year or two.

You came out with the same thing when I pointed out Traore was a stupid signing. And countless other duds. I was right then, I'm right now, and I've been right for the last decade. The recruitment policy at Forest has been a total disaster for years and remains so.

Edited by Art Vandelay

I can't believe it really. Here we are doing brilliantly by offloading garbage like Traore, Mills and Carayol until we only go and replace them with more of the same.

I can understand the Pantilimon signing as we were desperate for a keeper. But seriously, this Dejagah bloke has played 2 (TWO) senior games in the last 13 months and is 31 years old. Where is the plan? Where is the long-term building for the future?

Then we bring Guedioura back who I always liked but he's now 32 and we've signed him up on good money until he's 35. Ridiculous.

I have no idea about Lolly.

Watson is past it and will be here until he's 35.

Colback is average and will probably be out of position but at least it's a loan.

Tomlin makes Andy Reid look like a Kenyan runner.

And god only knows about this defender from Portugal. But the fact he's 23 and has not played for his parent club for 3 years speaks volumes. Dumitriu mark II.

We then loan out young players in Walker and Clough who we paid a few million for and probably has played his last game for us.

Just who is making these decisions? We aren't going up, we aren't going down. Just sack off the shite. Wait till the summer and get rid of some more. Then bring in 3 or 4 players up the spine of the team of genuine quality at this level, preferably under the age of 26.

Again it just seems like we screw up one plan, sack everyone then start a brand new one with no long-term aim.

maybe just maybe someone at the club hasnt quite given up on the season yet.........

4 players are on loan so can / will go back in the summer.. whats with the negativity..

Im sure Karanka was promised dont worry well get rid of alot of deadwood for you in January and bring nothing in. Im sure that tempted him in coming 😂😂😂😂

It's a shame Tomlin is a fatty, as he's a great player and game changer on his day.

Yeah, Tomlin has got something about him, although if he was fully fit and in half decent form he'd be staying at Cardiff. Just like Ross McCormack would have been staying at Villa this time last year......

maybe just maybe someone at the club hasnt quite given up on the season yet.........

Im sure Karanka was promised dont worry well get rid of alot of deadwood for you in January and bring nothing in. Im sure that tempted him in coming

Yeah, I'm sure it was the lure of a supermarket sweep style trolley dash on deadline day for as many freebees and loans as he could grab that was the big draw :unsure:

Given up on the season?! We've vitually given up on next season. You mean play offs?! We've got 35 points! If anyone at the club is thinking that's happening they're not just incompetent, they're deranged.

The good news is we are only committed long term to Lolley and Guedioura as it stands. Whilst Guediouras contract is probably too long hes certainly a cut above our other midfield options. I have no clue about Lolley but we have been crying out for a decent winger so hopefully he can go some way to fulfilling that role.

The rest are loans or in the case of Dejagh on a short term deal so we have not lumbered ourselves with any more deadwood long term. It does seem daft to give other clubs players match time whilst we send some of ours on loan or stick them on the bench, especially when we arent going up or down but then what about Forest has made sense in recent years?

Edited by Danny

Lolley has proved he is more than good enough at this level and got promoted with Huddersfield last year. I think Karanka rightly recognised that the current players we had were in danger of getting sucked into a relegation battle and that they probably didnt have what was needed to get out of it. Geddy is probably a year too long on his deal but he is more than good enough at this level. The likes of Clough, Mills, Cummings, Traore, Walker, Carayol, Henderson and Ward wont be missed and we are now a better team than the one smashed at home by Preston IMO.

A lot of the new players are loans as well so I dont see the problem as we had no bite in midfield and the defence and keeper were conceding far too many - so our new proven manger at this level got rid of a load of shit and got in short term fixes to ensure he even has a job in the summer.

At least the rest of the season will be a bit more exciting - it was fucking awful under Warbuton with just the same mistakes every week from his favourite players

C'mon lads, they can't be any worse that what we had.

PNE was a new low for me. The lower tier Trent End was silent, folk couldn't even be arsed to moan.

Edited by Fatles

I'm happy with transfer deadline. We've shipped out players who have attitude problems, and replaced them with enough to keep us treading water for the season, mostly on short term/loan deals. I imagine we'll get a lot more quality in the summer.

Who, in this division, had a decent transfer window and brought players in? (genuine question).

Edited by David

I refuse to believe that anyone at the club is deranged enough to think we can bridge the 13 point gap to the play offs. Christ, we haven't even scored a goal in our last 5 home games.

Even if they were deranged enough, the players we have signed won't be enough to bridge that gap.

My belief is that Forest panicked after the Preston result, and were more worried about relegation than any thoughts of smashing the top 6.