i.k.s

Who we signed & who we sold

So the squad now looks like this...

Goalkeepers: Pantilimon, Smith, Henderson, Evtimov, Steele

Defenders: Byram, Darikwa, Dawson, Figgy, Fox, Robinson, Osborn, Hefele, Worrall, Traore, Lam 

Midfielders: Cash, Yates, Watson, Colback, Guedioura, Carvalho, Dias, Lolley, Goncalves, Ariyibi, Bridcutt, Ward 

Forwards: Murphy, Grabban, Soudani, Brereton, Clough, Velios

34 Senior pros there. That is a LOT of money in wages each week. There must be at least 8 players there that need to leave over the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, Savo said:

Defenders: Byram, Darikwa, Dawson, Figgy, Fox, Robinson, Osborn, Hefele, Worrall, Traore, Lam 

Midfielders: Cash, Yates, Watson, Colback, Guedioura, Carvalho, Dias, Lolley, Goncalves, Ariyibi, Bridcutt, Ward 

34 Senior pros there. That is a LOT of money in wages each week. There must be at least 8 players there that need to leave over the next few weeks.

Traore has already gone to turkey. 

I’ve seen Velios is lined up for Bolton and Yates to Rotherham. 

• Upvote 1

Cracking signing. Hefele and Byram will seriously strengthen what was the weakest part of our squad. If we don’t finish top 6th I’ll be amazed. 

On 8/11/2018 at 6:35 AM, Savo said:

I believe that following last night’s name, there are 10 players in our ‘first team’ squad who haven’t played a game this season.

It’s well documented that Henderson, Evtimov, Ariyibi, Ward, Clough and Vellios have all been told that they can leave, but on top of that there is Lam, Worrall, Bridcutt and Brereton.

I know moving on players can be easier said than done, but in my eyes;

Get rid: Ward, Vellios, Evtimov & Lam

Send out on loan in the hope they do well and we get a decent return on the original transfer fee: Ariyibi & Clough

Send out on loan for experience with recall clause: Worrall & Brereton

Bridcutt – If we are going to send out Yates on loan then keep him, but if not, then maybe we should move him on. I actually rate him but it makes no sense to keep him, on his wages, as a 5th choice holding midfielder.

Henderson – The move to Bristol City fell through and he may well be offloaded but after the game last night, are we sure he isn’t one of our best three keepers? I said at the end of last season that we should send Jordan Smith out on loan for experience this season in the hope that he vastly improves, and I stand by that. If Smith spends the season on the bench there is only one way his career his heading.