darcy

Karanka been offered the managers job

Of all the names being touted, he was the best and thank fuck we didn't go for Non-League Nigel. Let's hope he gets at least 12-months in charge.

What's all this non league Nigel bollocks? I would have been happy with Nigel Clough. I'm happy with Karanka but cut the crap eh. Done well at Sheffield United,and unfairly sacked.. doing well keeping Burton in the championship as well.

Before Easter this place will be overrun by people moaning about Karanka's style of play & the way he sets teams up.

''As a student of Jose Mourinho, there was only ever one approach he was going to take. The bus was well and truly parked''

I worry about the style of play vs the resources available.

Karanka loves a mean defence and the Boro side he took up were functional more than flamboyant. I worry that the mean defenders he wants just aren't here so we'll end up playing defensively but not actually having the defenders to follow it through.

He also isn't known for his production of young players, again like Mourinho which goes against the make-up of the squad.

Time will tell...

The fans are not really sure where we are regarding FFP but Karanaka will have been told there is money to spend or he wouldnt have come

Edited by E R

The fans are not really sure where we are regarding FFP but Karanaka will have been told there is money to spend or he wouldnt have come

Sell to buy possibly. Bye bye to one or 2 of the prospects?

Got a feeling that results will improve but performances won't be great to watch. Guess we would settle for that but I want to be in the ground watching us rip shit out of sides. Anyway, wait and see eh.

Got a feeling that results will improve but performances won't be great to watch. Guess we would settle for that but I want to be in the ground watching us rip shit out of sides. Anyway, wait and see eh.

In 10yrs i can only remember us ripping teams up about 3 times....

Its an exciting appointment, read quite a few pieces on him since the announcement and he sounds like a top class manager. Speaks volumes that Boro fans still love him so much and wish him well, which is a refreshing change from previous managers and comments made from the clubs they have recently left. He was the first choice so for the owners to land him as well speaks volumes about them too. I doubt he would have come without the promise of investment and his philosiphies seems to be in tune with "the Forest way". He took Mboro from a similar situation to us to the prem in 2 and a half years. Good luck to him.

It does feel like this club has turned a corner, very excited for the future.

Karanka loves a mean defence and the Boro side he took up were functional more than flamboyant. I worry that the mean defenders he wants just aren't here so we'll end up playing defensively but not actually having the defenders to follow it through.

He also isn't known for his production of young players, again like Mourinho which goes against the make-up of the squad.

Time will tell...

Agree with all of that Savo but surely we have a recruitment board that would have gone through that with him in the first place.

Didn't Nicholas Randall come out with something like Karanka buying in to what we want to do and how to do it?

Time will tell...

When was the last time Forest were entertaining to watch? Under BD at home for a while but never away. Before that you're going back to Paul Hart's time. Managers that set out to entertain are a dying breed. It's all about results in the modern game. Who wouldn't settle for what he achieved at Boro?

Time will tell...

I feel similar. Having heard some Boro reporters and fans it seems his teams struggle to score. His teams defended well but he had a few decent defenders available. I'll give him a chance of course but I don't hold out much hope.

When was the last time Forest were entertaining to watch? Under BD at home for a while but never away. Before that you're going back to Paul Hart's time. Managers that set out to entertain are a dying breed. It's all about results in the modern game. Who wouldn't settle for what he achieved at Boro?

I would certainly accept results over performance within reason. My point is that his mentality might not suit the players we have unless he's suddenly going to turn Mancienne and Mills into Ferdinand and Vidic.

That our defence needs organising is beyond comment .. He'd be daft to do otherwise . However , he knows what he has to work with and what his budget is for reinforcements , and , will have been made aware of the clubs ethos of promoting young players from the academy . He will also have learned a great deal from his time at Boro so I think he's the best we could realistically have appointed .. Time will tell ..

It doesn't get mentioned a lot but the Boro job was his first job in management and he joined them in a similar position to where we are now. You'd hope he would have learnt a thing or 2 during his time there and had time to consider what went wrong in the months between his sacking and now.

A few decent reads

https://www.coachesvoice.com/the-end-of-the-affair-aitor-karanka/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4256972/amp/A-day-life-Middlesbrough-manager-Aitor-Karanka.html

https://smithytheborofan.wordpress.com/2018/01/09/aitor-karanka-why-so-many-boro-fans-are-right-to-wish-him-well/

Edited by GupiRed2

He has arrived in Nottingham!

He has a good 3 days to prepare for this coming game against villa.

Feeling optimistic for the first time in quite a while

seems funny that people are getting their digs in early about us turning into a defensive team despite the fact he arrived this morning. The defence has been killing us under the last two managers - scoring isn't a problem

if we can get a decent couple of defenders and a new keeper I still think the players we already have will get goals

that silly **** Warburton was looking at bringing in more attacking midfielders

seems funny that people are getting their digs in early about us turning into a defensive team despite the fact he arrived this morning. The defence has been killing us under the last two managers - scoring isn't a problem

if we can get a decent couple of defenders and a new keeper I still think the players we already have will get goals

that silly **** Warburton was looking at bringing in more attacking midfielders

Mine wasn't a dig - we do need our defence sorting out. I'm just a bit cautious of him becoming a Dougie MKii, based on what some fans have said. Going 1-0 up then trying to close games out etc. It's just a concern, but i'm behind him.

Mine wasn't a dig - we do need our defence sorting out. I'm just a bit cautious of him becoming a Dougie MKii, based on what some fans have said. Going 1-0 up then trying to close games out etc. It's just a concern, but i'm behind him.

With you. I can't watch Dougie MKii again. Think he has that tactic in the locker. Hope he keeps it in there. We showed on Sunday that we are half decent on the front foot.

Just goes to show that whoever we appoint as manager, not everyone is going to be overwhelmed by him.

I'll reserve judgement on him till the end of the season. We should have a good idea what he's about by then. Of the names being bandied about, he's probably the best of the bunch.

I'm hoping he can tighten up our leaky defence, but retain our attacking threat.........and clear out the dead wood at the club. I'll bet Carayol has his bags packed already :lol: :lol: :lol:

If he can replicate with us what he did at Boro I'd be more than happy.

You can bookmark this

I am sticking with him until the end of next season providing he addresses the defence where we have averaged two goals against in every match.

I think it goes without saying we'll concede fewer goals - Middlesbrough last season were probably the most negative side I've ever seen in the Premier, and even their promotion season seemed a pretty joyless grind. That said it was a promotion, which is a lot more tham Forest usually look capable of.

It's not really worth worring about the style of football at this stage though as Forest's main problem has been the same for years - We have too many players and millions are wasted every season on wages for players we simply don't need. A new owner and a new manager came in last year yet we continued to do the exact same thing - Deals handed out to players we don't need and half a team of random second tier journeymen added to an already large squad. Unless Karanka addresses this issue arguing about anything else seems pointless.

When Warburton was appointed I had a browse around the Rangers and Brentford forums and they were pretty spot on about him, I might pop over to the Middlesbrough ones later and report back.....

Edited by Art Vandelay