darcy

Karanka been offered the managers job

Considering this looks like its happening he deserves his own thread...

BREAKING: @NFFC offer Aitor Karanka manager's job, according to Sky sources. #SSN

Edited by darcy

Of all the names mentioned so far hed be the one Id be most happy with. He knows what it takes to get out of this league which is more than can be said about most of our previous managers.

Said to be in Spain at the moment but expected to fly to the UK within the next 48 hours to complete formalities ...

Hope he has a few tasty signings in the pipeline ..........................

interesting from the geek

Some times, despite difficulties and ups+downs, persistence pays off. By appointing (for example) the guy you wanted from the start... #NFFC

When asked when we are likely to see Marinakis again he stated "again? he was there at the weekend"

refreshing to see that the club is being run as it should in the back ground and no need for pointless tweets or arguments with fans.

Edited by darcy

He has officially accepted the role

@nottmtails
FollowFollow @nottmtails
More

This is moving quickly... now suggested that Karanka has accepted the position. More than just broad terms being agreed - he has agreed to take on the role.

Definitely seems the best of the bunch. I will hold back on getting excited as I did with Warbuton and everyone reminded me of it when he turned about to be as stubborn as a mule with no plan b

Definitely seems the best of the bunch. I will hold back on getting excited as I did with Warbuton and everyone reminded me of it when he turned about to be as stubborn as a mule with no plan b

Agreed but i think with this one he has a proven record of getting out of this league and his pedigree is a lot better.

After watching us yesterday I was already buzzing again but knowing that he will be in dugout for Saturday I can't wait to see us in action on Sky.

Could this be the start of something....

Well he should be able to sort our defence out considering he was centre half for real Madrid. Good appointment just hope he gets the young lads fired up which im sure he will

Well there we are fellas. Aitor Karanka is the new manager, think a positive reaction among all fans..? Couldn't have asked for much more could we? The optimism of football is here again! Who knows what will happen? Go on a 20 match losing run or win 10 back to back?? Strap yourselves in.. COYR

Boro fans saying ' get ready for sideways and backwards football and a lone striker up top' that's what we are used to anyway isn't it? Haha, no but in all seriousness i hope he sures up our defence and we keep flowing forward with our youngsters

Of all the names being touted, he was the best and thank fuck we didn't go for Non-League Nigel. Let's hope he gets at least 12-months in charge.

Think the boro fans are a bit bitter about how he had them playing in the prem, what were they expecting though when they had to try and fight against relegation? To go all out attacking..?? He had boro playing very good attacking football in the prem. I hope we keep hold of ALL of our youngsters in this window and for the foreseeable. Im starting to think worrall and brereton could turn out to be real quality players for us, Karanka should be able to show Worrall a thing or two. I also hope this means he can twist mourinho's arm for a few loans?

Edited by Ricknffc

Signed on a 3-month deal apparently...

😂😂😂

Who told you that?

He has signed a deal until 30th June 2020.

Who told you that?

He has signed a deal until 30th June 2020.

I heard he was originally offered a 2-month deal but wanted a 3rd month for a bit more security ;)