Fatles

Warburton Gone

Osborn now saying something like it wasn't until the next morning when he realised what he'd done was wrong.

Fucking ginger little twat.

Where's he saying that? You wanted him gone anyway didn't you?

If I was Osborne I'd be fucked off at being played out of position.

A fatuous argument. Completely different eras and scenario and expectations. The game has changed quite a bit in 40 years.

You're sounding like that's a good thing...

Can't believe we are going through this again. Least MW was attracting good players. The first team we have been putting out recently are much better than this time last year regardless of position. We are now back to the drawing board. I don't see how forest can be so shit at choosing managers, making good players look shit etc.

Now we bring in a new manager what is our new goal this season? I thought we were aiming for mid table?

I agreed with a lot of comments regarding MWs failures but don't see sacking his team as the way forward.

Yet points wise we are no better off than this time last year

I cant imagine the bubble has taken over just to have a team that was as shit as before he arrived

Edited by E R

In a nutshell Jamie ..

I was a fervent campaigner for Warburton's appointment but have been dismayed by our recent form and performances ..He seemed to have his favourites who would be selected irrespective of their form or contribution . ( Mc Kay for example ) Other players would be played out of position ( Brereton , Osborn , Lichaj ) . System wise he only had one way of playing ( passing out from the back ) even though it was obvious that our opponents had sussed us out and easily countered the tactic ..

I cannot remember the last time we won a " second ball " or a 50/50 tackle . Their was no great pace in our play or indeed much creativity especially in midfield . We've been reluctant to get players forward from central midfield leaving our lone striker up against 2 defenders ......................................

Yesterday it looked like the players lacked faith in the way they were instructed to play .. Maybe they just aren't good enough , time will tell .......

I have wanted managers out earlyish in the past - Montanier, Pearce, Davies (2nd time) and Cotterill were all managers I wanted gone well short of a season in charge but I genuinely felt Warburton should've been given the season at least. I look at a side like Derby now or Bristol City whose managers didn't start brilliantly, but have been given time.

I also have so many shocking experiences in recent times of us sacking a bloke then bringing in some numpty off the merry-go-round dole queue and things staying the same or getting worse. It just means we have yet another expensive overhaul of the squad.

There seems to be no money at the club which is why we've sold Lansbury, Assombalonga, Burke and Antonio in recent years and have spent about 5p on players coming in. So the new manager will more than likely be brought in on the cheap so either unknown and therefore untested or unemployed. And then whoever does get the job will be given nothing to spend so what's the point. Are the players that poorly managed at the moment that a change in manager will see them regain their rightful position in the top 6?

Warburton was becoming a dab hand at post-match interviews, especially after losing 14 games out of 25. His latest one yesterday went like this: "Then we find ourselves 1-0 down to a team we knew would fight and who would sit in with 10 men behind the ball. They (Sunderland) were solid and compact".

And what`s wrong with that? Sunderland dug in to get a result and all 3 pts. Contrast that with Forest at the recent game in Deepdale, where we`re leading Preston 1-0 with 15 mins to play and 3 valuable pts are on offer. Where was the fight to see out the win, with everyone defending throughout the park? Maybe that`s the difference between a Chris Coleman side and a Mark Warburton side.

I had high hopes for Warburton when he joined us, given some of the managerial dross we`ve had over the years. But I felt he was dining out on that one good season at Brentford for far too long and he never properly addressed our most glaring weakness - defence. Even our wins have been unconvincing, (apart from the QPR game), and the Greek owner has not bought into the Forest brand for health reasons. He knew he had to act decisively, or we would have been facing County next season in League 1.

I see lots of rumours saying it will be Karanka. What's everyone's thoughts? I would personally be happy with that. He'll definitely sure up the defence.

Edited by nottmred

I see lots of room rumours saying it will be Karanka. What's everyone's thoughts? I would personally be happy with that. He'll definitely sure up the defence.

I'd take him. Did a decent job with boro

He's got a lot of people saying he plays bad football (not like we're playing like Ajax '95 at the moment). Dougie Mkii

I have no idea. I'd have taken Pearson. I presume he's still out of work? Someone who can make the most of what we have (as i doubt they'll get time to rebuild their own squad in a short time)

Now I know this is something of a novel concept but why don't we reserve judgement on Warburtons' departure until we discover the identity of his successor ..

It may be that the rumours are based upon facts in that Warburton had major differences of opinion with the owners in how to move the club forward ... If our results had been better he might have been allowed more tolerance . However , they weren't and ..........................................................................

Now I know this is something of a novel concept but why don't we reserve judgement on Warburtons' departure until we discover the identity of his successor ..

It may be that the rumours are based upon facts in that Warburton had major differences of opinion with the owners in how to move the club forward ... If our results had been better he might have been allowed more tolerance . However , they weren't and ..........................................................................

I think we have had our hands burnt too many times in the past - sacking Billy MK i, and appointing McClaren. Sacking O'Driscoll and appointing Mcleish. I can understand the fear.

Seems player power might have had some influence too. According to the Mirror.

I think we have had our hands burnt too many times in the past - sacking Billy MK i, and appointing McClaren. Sacking O'Driscoll and appointing Mcleish. I can understand the fear.

Seems player power might have had some influence too. According to the Mirror.

Did it say whether it was player power in terms of the point of moving the team forward or the type thats the hallmark of idle fuckers who dont like being asked to be professional and do the work. The first Im fine with. The latter makes my piss boil.

Karanka plays boring football and falls out with everyone. If the owners found Warburton hard work they are in for a surprise with Karanka.

I only remember watching his teams twice and both times they weren't boring, the second time they gave us a bit of a footballing lesson.

I see some similarities with Billy, seems unhinged, people said his football was shit before he came but it wasn't, gets top six finishes.

Did it say whether it was player power in terms of the point of moving the team forward or the type thats the hallmark of idle fuckers who dont like being asked to be professional and do the work. The first Im fine with. The latter makes my piss boil.

something to do with not liking being played out from the back. Only second hand report. But if the players Warburton had, who was looking to get rid of and replace with those who would play his system had a bossy fit, I'm pissed off.

something to do with not liking being played out from the back. Only second hand report. But if the players Warburton had, who was looking to get rid of and replace with those who would play his system had a bossy fit, I'm pissed off.

Warburton should have been more patient introducing his way of playing. We don't have enough quality to play like Barcelona and had he steadily introduced it he could have delivered results as he built up the quality of the squad. He was too cavalier and stubborn at the end of the day and it seems the squad have turned on him. Happens far too often these days but can't see it changing now...the darlings call the shots when they get their heads together.

Daniel Taylor

Sure the Mark Warburton decision at #NFFC will divide opinion. Mine is: correct decision. The new owners, the chairman, decision-makers etc, know what they are doing. Everything they have done so far has been an improvement.