Fatles

Warburton Gone

There will likely be quite a few managers who wouldn't have considered applying until they saw the potential quality of our squad today, and may be tempted to now put the their hat in the ring.

Unless its already wrapped up, today's surprise performance on TV could give us some better managerial options.

There will likely be quite a few managers who wouldn't have considered applying until they saw the potential quality of our squad today, and may be tempted to now put the their hat in the ring.

Unless its already wrapped up, today's surprise performance on TV could give us some better managerial options.

That's a very good point - we showed some balls today and played well when we weren't expected to win. It might mean we can interest a few managers that we couldn't before.

Fingers crossed we don't get Clough.

Report: Nottingham Forest ready to pay £250,000 for Paul Heckingbottom; have also considered Monk and Pearson

Massively underwhelmed if true. If they have considered Pearson why havent they appointed him instead of this geezer

Massively underwhelmed if true. If they have considered Pearson why havent they appointed him instead of this geezer

Isn't he mental?

Got forest in prem after 2 seasons on footy manager, played 2 games won 5-1 at home to west ham then lost 2-1 away to city all goals coming in stoppage time. Am i in the running for the job?

Of all the names mentioned of available candidates Karanka would be my choice ..

Leaving aside the euphoria of yesterday's win it showed that when given license and directions to play in a combative way with players in their best positions we can be highly competitive .. There's a rich vein of talent coming through the academy to supplement those kids that have already stated their claim for first team selection . This must be highly attractive to any prospective manager .. Plus we have attracted decent attendances this season .. It's maybe not the poisoned chalice that it once was ...

Karanka 1/20 now..................

either someone knows something we dont or someone has lumped a fair few quid on him in hope

On 12/31/2017 at 12:20 PM, Charlie Cheswick said:

Why? I couldn't give a fuck if he's nutty, he knows how to win.

But it transpires he doesn't does he (Karanka)

Edited by legs_akimbo

2 hours ago, legs_akimbo said:

But it transpires he doesn't does he (Karanka)

It obviously helps to work at a club without a fanbase with the average emotional age of a two year old.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

2 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

It obviously helps to work at a club without a fanbase with the average emotional age of a two year old.

How have the fans impacted Karanka’s ability to field a winning team? They bought season tickets in their droves and have put up with pretty much two decades of shite. Blaming the fans for anything is a convenient excuse which holds very little weight. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

How have the fans impacted Karanka’s ability to field a winning team? They bought season tickets in their droves and have put up with pretty much two decades of shite. Blaming the fans for anything is a convenient excuse which holds very little weight. 

No good buying tickets in the droves if you turn on the manager after three games, or was it two?

14 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

No good buying tickets in the droves if you turn on the manager after three games, or was it two?

I’ve been at every home match this season and haven’t heard anything of the sort. 

Its also worth remembering that he didn’t just turn up in the summer. He had from January to assess what was needed and to stamp his style on the club. 

Edited by Danny

21 minutes ago, Danny said:

I’ve been at every home match this season and haven’t heard anything of the sort. 

Its also worth remembering that he didn’t just turn up in the summer. He had from January to assess what was needed and to stamp his style on the club. 

Of course but I don't remember any manager being demanded to hit the ground running at the start of the season before.

Apparently Karanka had a similar start to life at Boro, I wonder if their lot were as impatient.

In the ground I think we've been alright, it's just the online stuff, here's hoping no fucker at the club ever logs on.

1 hour ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Shut up stinky butt!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Same. If anything the fans have sung his name and been quite vocal in their support during the match. 

I'm not sure if he's the easiest guy for fans to like, I remember A block asking for a wave ... didn't get one and started to boo before he gave in. 

For me it's not a popularity contest, I'd take Stalin as a manager as long he played attractive and/or effective football. I think he's got 3 games regardless of what fans think.