Sign in to follow this  
i.k.s

xmas presents and your missus.

What do you get her? Mine is a nightmare to buy for. I'll tell you what she doesn't want. Jewellery. Something for the house. Clothes. Shoes. Spa treatments.

Things I've bought in the past. Silver photo frame with picture in. Rings. Perfume. Clothes. Boots. A fucking tree.

Need a new angle.

What do you get her? Mine is a nightmare to buy for. I'll tell you what she doesn't want. Jewellery. Something for the house. Clothes. Shoes. Spa treatments.

Things I've bought in the past. Silver photo frame with picture in. Rings. Perfume. Clothes. Boots. A fucking tree.

Need a new angle.

Same here , Spa day with snap thrown in went well the other year .

Has she got any hobbies? My mrs has taken up upholstery so I got her a load of shit for that, stuff to work on and tools.

Is she into anything that's coming up that you could get tickets for?

Of you could just book some flights or a hotel for somewhere?

Mine's easy to sort. I give her a budget, we go round the shops in the weeks leading up to Christmas, she picks out what she wants and I buy it. Easy and stress free.

Has she got any hobbies? My mrs has taken up upholstery so I got her a load of shit for that, stuff to work on and tools.

Is she into anything that's coming up that you could get tickets for?

Of you could just book some flights or a hotel for somewhere?

No hobbies. Just work work work. She likes passenger, the squeaky twat, but he's not touring in the UK. Were going Verona in Feb and it was a struggle to get her to take time off for that.

Hss to be a physical present.

Mine's easy to sort. I give her a budget, we go round the shops in the weeks leading up to Christmas, she picks out what she wants and I buy it. Easy and stress free.

That's shit to be honest. It may work for you two but it's shit.

My Mrs and I don't buy Christmas gifts. Websites like notonthehighstreet are pretty good for novelty items, though.

We never used to bother when the kids were at home but now we do.

I'm taking one of my grandsons to Wembley boxing day for yids v saints.

I know you've bought 'em before but I always get my mrs some shoes and she's never unhappy about it. All women are the same, can never have enough shoes and handbags. Never bought a handbag though, wouldn't know where to start with that.

A trip somewhere - weekend away. It's a bit of a Homer gift as you get to go as well but it's about the thought you put into choosing a great place to visit and stuff to do when there.

Always goes down a treat with my wife. However this year she has got back into running after years of not being able to due to ankle issues which are now sorted, so I'm getting her a GPS watch and some other running stuff.

Edited by Daz555

Managed to get my missus to agree to us not buying each other anything. Part of me wonders whether it's a test though and I'll look a mug Christmas morning when she gives me 'a little something'.

If I was buying I would do what Danny does and just give her the cash or buy something off a very specific list, no point me throwing money at something that is probably shit and bound to be returned...

What about while your Mrs is at work, arrange her favourite foods for lunch to be delivered there for a month or so...

Managed to get my missus to agree to us not buying each other anything. Part of me wonders whether it's a test though and I'll look a mug Christmas morning when she gives me 'a little something'.

If I was buying I would do what Danny does and just give her the cash or buy something off a very specific list, no point me throwing money at something that is probably shit and bound to be returned...

When I was younger I always bought my mrs the wrong stuff. I got it really wrong quite often but she always looked happy, she's good like that. Now I reckon I couldn't pick out a bad present. My worst one is my Dad, never have a clue what to get him. Fair play to him, he always gets through the mountains of books he gets from me. What a trooper.

What about while your Mrs is at work, arrange her favourite foods for lunch to be delivered there for a month or so...

Works all over and also fussy health freak.

She'd be twenty f****n stone!

Women are a pain the fucking arse aren't there? We went out for a drink last night and she commented on how soft the skin on her hands felt and I jokingly and not all that wittily said 'that's the benefit of doing no work.' The mad cow hit the roof and she's decided she's not speaking to me. Total loon.

I've cunted her off for a day on the booze instead.

Women are a pain the fucking arse aren't there? We went out for a drink last night and she commented on how soft the skin on her hands felt and I jokingly and not all that wittily said 'that's the benefit of doing no work.' The mad cow hit the roof and she's decided she's not speaking to me. Total loon.

I've cunted her off for a day on the booze instead.

My mrs is great in that respect, I don't think we've ever had more than ten minutes of not speaking despite me suffering from the verbal shits. Her thing is tidying my stuff away to places she can't remember and then when I ask her where summat is she denies moving it. I spent two hours yesterday looking for a part to a guitar I'd sold which she'd stuffed in the garage. Complete morning wasted.

Back on track, get her a dog. She likes dogs.

I got my Mrs 1 of those Pandora bracelets a few years ago, every xmas I buy her 3-4 trinkets/beeds she can attach to it, there's thousands of them to choose from. Most women love them.

Well in the end l bought her a pair of Levi's, which she liked, and a Barbour sweater which she hates. I also got her...'brace yerselves lads'...a padlock with a soppy message on it that I'm going to put on that gate in Romeo and Juliet's courtyard. I got two weekends away with the lads in France and Holland out of that small gesture.She got me a couple of CP company bits in XL, which are too fucking small. I know the eyties size up small but fuck me I am 15 & a half stone now, I went silly this year and piled it on, so my incentive to get into these clothes, and the lovely Napapjiri sweater my daughter got me is to shift some timber.

some aftershave and some pyjamas for me and money and clothes for the missus. It is all about the kids at the moment for us and they had a good year with computers games and such.

it is their birthday on 10th January so have to go and buy another load of stuff :thumbsdown_still: