118 replies to this topic

#101 i.k.s

i.k.s

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:50 PM

Can we just calm the fuck down? Its one game where they were expected to lose and threw of the shackles and won. The restrictions of not losing weren't there like they are in the league. This lot need a few months playing together week in week out before we can judge 'em.

#102 brooksy

brooksy

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:15 PM

Can we just calm the fuck down? Its one game where they were expected to lose and threw of the shackles and won. The restrictions of not losing weren't there like they are in the league. This lot need a few months playing together week in week out before we can judge 'em.

Swap the green tea for a glass of sumit stronger duck. Enjoy the moment ffs. Not everyday we knock out the holders and by some margin
We continue....

#103 E R

E R

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:28 PM

I wonder why Brereton took the first pen and Dowell took the second?

#104 E R

E R

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

https://m.youtube.co...ogSkUFPA&sns=fb

😂

#105 Ricknffc

Ricknffc

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:20 PM

Haha E.R you've sent me to bed laughing with that video

#106 Savo

Savo

First Team Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,490 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:03 AM

In the interviews after the game Brereton said he just fancied the first one and given the way he played who could blame him? Then I suppose normal service resumed when the 2nd one was given.

The situation is what it is Natalie.

#107 David

David

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:31 AM

I never like to see the same penalty taker take two penalties. I think the keeper has a bit of an edge the second time. 

We don?t talk about love we only want to get drunk
And we are not allowed to spend
As we are told that this is the end

#108 Ben

Ben

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:02 AM

Great result but would rather they applied themselves like this every week.

Edited by Ben, 08 January 2018 - 09:50 AM.

#109 Ricknffc

Ricknffc

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:29 AM

Yeah i think we all agree with that Ben was a good performance and at least we can have a chin wag about it this week then normal service resumed on Saturday. If we play with the desire like that week in week out we will have a solid season

#110 leather

leather

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:00 PM

Theres a lovely piece of video going around the internet of an Arsenal fan presumably being interviewed after the game where he said

Very poor performance. The only good point was I couldnt see anything - Im blind

Strange and amusing all at once.

#111 A new man

A new man

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:07 PM

How much did the squad that we put out yesterday cost? I was saying to my Arsenal mates yesterday that Walcott probably cost more than our entire matchday squad.

#112 i.k.s

i.k.s

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:24 PM

Hull. How utterly underwhelming. 😐

#113 Savo

Savo

First Team Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,490 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:26 PM

We'll probably get beat 1-0 in front of about 4000 fans

The situation is what it is Natalie.

#114 Bcrawa

Bcrawa

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:34 PM

Ffs. A decent chance of getting through if we perform and a guaranteed massive tie. Always pissing moaning us lot.
Do you think you are good enough....?

#115 colin

colin

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • 9,557 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:00 PM

It was interesting to observe Gary Brazil's team selection yesterday .. Many on here have been vociferous in their opinion that Brereton should not be plyed on the wing but up front . His performance vindicated those views . Furthermore , Velios was selected , albeit as an unused substitute , when Warburton had totally ignored him !. 

Our style of play was also much more direct and energetic . There was a real dynamism to our approach which the players seemed to relish ..  With a couple of quality additions we might be able to achieve a top 10 finish .......

There is a forgotten , nay almost forbidden word , which means more to me than any other . That word is ENGLAND

Sir Winston Churchill .

#116 A new man

A new man

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:14 AM

If we continue to send out such a young team then we're going to be inconsistent. This lot could develop into a very good team but they need time and patience. We've got to stop sacking managers. Hopefully this one will get more than a few months.

Edited by A new man, 09 January 2018 - 12:15 AM.

#117 E R

E R

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:43 AM

I dont think the fans enjoy seeing the managers fail mate but equally it quickly became clear that we had serious defensive frailties that the manager could not stop and also the passing around the defence when you are losing with 10 to go would make even the most happiest of happy clappers piss boil.

I agree about time and hopefully Karanka is the man but we are not the only club this season to part with their manager and football these days you dont get three seasons to develop a team. You get a season and if the owners dont think their hard earned being spent on players is mproving the team that they are the ones that pull the trigger.

In my opinion Warbuton was a stubborn manager who had only one way of playing which meant we shipped 2 goals in practically every game. The owner has managed to guide Olympiacos back to its former glory with a fantastic set up so why arent fans clambering to say lets support the owner as he has a proven track record rather that putting up with the mind numbing shit Warbuton kept dishing up?

The owner for whatever reason didnt see Warbuton as his man and has acted quickly and appointed a boss that would never have come here under Fawaz. Karanka must have been given assurances about available funds and listened to the owners plans and bought into it. That right now is good enough for me

Edited by E R, 09 January 2018 - 06:45 AM.

#118 David

David

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:29 AM

The owner has managed to guide Olympiacos back to its former glory with a fantastic set up so why arent fans clambering to say lets support the owner as he has a proven track record rather that putting up with the mind numbing shit Warbuton kept dishing up?

I didn't think you were a fan of his? 

We don?t talk about love we only want to get drunk
And we are not allowed to spend
As we are told that this is the end

#119 E R

E R

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:12 AM

Of the owner - yes a big fan