H-Block

World Cup 2018 draw

And that's how it should be Chaz.

Sure, ref's make mistakes, but that's always been part and parcel of the game.

I've just looked at the replay of the France penalty, and it looks to me like the defender played the ball. Even with VAR, looking at the incident from multiple angles, and in slow motion, it was still inconclusive. Just leave it to the ref to make the decision and get on with it.

If players weren't always trying to con the ref there'd be no need for VAR. Ronaldo's penalty was soft, he looked for the leg and made sure HE made contact. That, in my book, isn't a penalty. Players going down like they've been shot from the slightest touch pisses me off. It ruins the game. A little kick on the leg from a very soft boot onto a shin pad doesn't hurt enough to send a full grown man flying through the air in agony.

Defender played the ball however Griezman was still running onto it and the defenders foot came back and clipped him. Fore me it was a penalty, not at the incident of playing the ball but for the clip 2 seconds later. I think VAR has been used well in this tournament. Argentina should have had a 2nd pen, why VAR wasn't called on that I dont know although in my opinion their first wasn't so even itself out.

It does seem a bit arbitrary whether it's used or not. Greizman was borderline at best, I don't think you can say it's an obvious error either way, whereas the Argentina pen looked like a clear mistake but they just left it. Then later when there was a stronger case for a pen (although I still thought it was a dive) the ref booked him and they stayed out of it again.

I've always hated the idea of VAR and haven't seen anything to change my mind. If we must have it it should be used mainly for divers who should be punished with a red card B)

I cant believe theres pundits saying the Croatian penalty wasnt a penalty. Using the old bullshit line of if you give it for that youll be giving ten a game. Only for one game then itll stop. The Nigerian guy practically had him in a sleeper hold.

Blimey if you are a half decent player you should hope to god I dont put you in my World Cup dream team - there is every chance Neymar could die in the next couple of hours

Had 3 Germans - shit the lot of em

This World Cup has been great so far. Really enjoyable games, favourites in the groups made to work too. Some of these groups are poised nicely already.

Ref was a soft touch. Not a fan of VAR but if were using it then use it properly - we should have had 1 penalty at least.

Good for Kane to get a couple first match out. Hopefully that sets him on a good run now. Loftus Cheek and Rashford the only two who really ran at the defence and caused them problems. Not an ideal performance by any means but compared to the likes of Germany, Argentina, Brazil etc its a good result which should see us through to the second round.

I still think Sterling isn't a footballer, but then maybe his hair products attracted a ridiculous amount of flies and he struggled to play through them.

It was all they commented about for the time it was 1-1... Too many midges or it was too hot of the pitch wasn't right... Now we got a lucky win none of the pre-pared excuses are mentioned. Very much doubt Tunisia will blame any of that on their loss so why do we go hunting for excuses every match we play when we aren't winning? Why can't they just be honest and say that these players aren't as good as they want us to think they are? We know that yet they still try to fob us off with excuses.

Dunno if any of you watched the England Manager documentary this week. Capello was the only ex manager who had the Bollox to tell that truth.

It was all they commented about for the time it was 1-1... Too many midges or it was too hot of the pitch wasn't right... Now we got a lucky win none of the pre-pared excuses are mentioned. Very much doubt Tunisia will blame any of that on their loss so why do we go hunting for excuses every match we play when we aren't winning? Why can't they just be honest and say that these players aren't as good as they want us to think they are? We know that yet they still try to fob us off with excuses.

Dunno if any of you watched the England Manager documentary this week. Capello was the only ex manager who had the Bollox to tell that truth.

I thought they did alright today to be fair. Capello can fuck off, his ineptitude contributed more than anything. I was just joking with the midges comment, every time I see Sterling for us he looks awful. Back to Capello, I was fucked off when we appointed Southgate but he's introduced a system to how we play instead of just throwing our players out without a game plan, something that has fucked us for years. No matter how this World Cup pans out it's something we should stick with.

I thought they did alright today to be fair. Capello can fuck off, his ineptitude contributed more than anything. I was just joking with the midges comment, every time I see Sterling for us he looks awful. Back to Capello, I was fucked off when we appointed Southgate but he's introduced a system to how we play instead of just throwing our players out without a game plan, something that has fucked us for years. No matter how this World Cup pans out it's something we should stick with.

Capello was Definately a very wrong appointment but at least he told the truth regarding loser's excuses.

TBF, once this group was drawn out we knew neither us nor Belgium had to perform well to qualify from it with two of the poorest teams at the World Cup in our group and were guaranteed Last 16 minimum. I'm pretty confident we can beat any team from Group H in the last 16 (probably be Poland or Columbia) but if we did lose that match or, more likelythe quarter final, it will be coz the players aren't good enough but the commentary & pundit muppets probably already have the excuses sheet ready as they seem unable to tell home truths. That's what annoys me the most.

Capello was Definately a very wrong appointment but at least he told the truth regarding loser's excuses.

TBF, once this group was drawn out we knew neither us nor Belgium had to perform well to qualify from it with two of the poorest teams at the World Cup in our group and were guaranteed Last 16 minimum. I'm pretty confident we can beat any team from Group H in the last 16 (probably be Poland or Columbia) but if we did lose that match or, more likelythe quarter final, it will be coz the players aren't good enough but the commentary & pundit muppets probably already have the excuses sheet ready as they seem unable to tell home truths. That's what annoys me the most.

Nobody has built this lot up so we don't have to knock them down. Don't worry.

How Lingaard, Henderson and Young are the best we have is beyond me. Alli was terrible

How Lingaard, Henderson and Young are the best we have is beyond me. Alli was terrible

They're not. They just play for the big clubs so will always get selected.

Nobody has built this lot up so we don't have to knock them down. Don't worry.

Oh I'm not worried. No Way this lot are winning a World Cup but can't those drippy pundits, commentators, etc just..

Tell the damn truth once in a while??

They're not. They just play for the big clubs so will always get selected.

Who would you play instead?

Who would you play instead?

Oh No, not that from you again!! LOL Do you pester ER too coz he criticised them?

Well, since It's now limited to the 23 players he took (rightly or wrongly) it certainly narrows it down but v Panama it won't matter who plays coz they're even worse than Tunisia so you could rest Kane & still have an easy win next game then of course the Belgium match will just be a friendly with both teams qualified.

Last 16 v Poland or Columbia (probably) I'm just hoping they get shown up for the bang average players that they are but I think they'll sneak the win to get to the quarter finals... Where they will then lose.

In answer to your question, it doesn't really matter.

Oh No, not that from you again!! LOL Do you pester ER too coz he criticised them?

Well, since It's now limited to the 23 players he took (rightly or wrongly) it certainly narrows it down but v Panama it won't matter who plays coz they're even worse than Tunisia so you could rest Kane & still have an easy win next game then of course the Belgium match will just be a friendly with both teams qualified.

Last 16 v Poland or Columbia (probably) I'm just hoping they get shown up for the bang average players that they are but I think they'll sneak the win to get to the quarter finals... Where they will then lose.

In answer to your question, it doesn't really matter.

Sounds to me like you can't wait for us to lose so that you can shoot us down.

To be fair, after the shit served up under Hodgson for the last World Cup and the Euro's, I'd be more than happy if we made the quarters this time around.