H-Block

World Cup 2018 draw

Want some Guaranteed profit? England NOT to win the World Cup is 1/40, only £25 profit from £1000 but Guaranteed!!

If you're actually going to do this you should lay them on Befair instead. For the same risk you'd get over double the profit :)

I cant fucking wait for this to start now. Some brilliant players will be on show

I cant fucking wait for this to start now. Some brilliant players will be on show

I love the World Cup. We've got a four hour gap between us and Russia here in Indonesia which makes for much more pleasing kick off times than previous tournaments. Obviously England won't win it so I'd like to see Messi cement his legacy as the greatest player of all time.

I must say I am more of a Ronaldo man but I think a new star may emerge this year. Maybe someone like Draxler or even Salah

Reports coming in that Gareth Southgate had chosen Jordan Henderson as his captain for the World Cup and he threw the armband to him across the training field, however, on its way the armband grazed Harry Kane's shoulder so he claimed it!

Now Harry is saying England can win the World Cup...

Only if you claim everybody else's goals Harry.

Just had a look at the projected path if we were to get out of the group. Big if I know...

A 2nd place finish would most likely result in this potential path to the final...

Poland 2nd round

Germany in the quarters

Brazil or Spain in the semis

France in the final

1st place in the group could be...

Colombia 2nd round

Brazil quarters

France semis

Spain or Germany in the final

So basically we're fucked.

Just had a look at the projected path if we were to get out of the group. Big if I know...

A 2nd place finish would most likely result in this potential path to the final...

Poland 2nd round

Germany in the quarters

Brazil or Spain in the semis

France in the final

1st place in the group could be...

Colombia 2nd round

Brazil quarters

France semis

Spain or Germany in the final

So basically we're fucked.

I looked at this after the draw was made, we "will" qualify for last 16, we "should" beat any team from Group H in the last 16 but we are out at the quarter finals regardless.

Anybody else here betting on which teams will qualify from each group? Odds are higher than I expected.

You can even get 50/1 on just the eight favourites winning their groups! Gotta be worth a wager.

Edited by JohnReese

Over just three games though it only takes one freak result and the whole group changes. Who have you gone for for Group H? Looks the most unpredictable.

I've been having a look at the group 'to qualify' betting and Egypt, Morocco, and maybe Iceland look over priced. Russia aren't up to much are they? Wouldn't be much of suprise if Eygpt qualified. Morocco finished above Ivory Coast in qualifying and didn't concede a goal, they could easily edge out Portugal and in Iceland's group anything could happen.

Anyone follow International football closely? Want to help me out and take a stab at predicting the starting defenders for Serbia, Uruguay and Morocco?

Over just three games though it only takes one freak result and the whole group changes. Who have you gone for for Group H? Looks the most unpredictable.

I've been having a look at the group 'to qualify' betting and Egypt, Morocco, and maybe Iceland look over priced. Russia aren't up to much are they? Wouldn't be much of suprise if Eygpt qualified. Morocco finished above Ivory Coast in qualifying and didn't concede a goal, they could easily edge out Portugal and in Iceland's group anything could happen.

Anyone follow International football closely? Want to help me out and take a stab at predicting the starting defenders for Serbia, Uruguay and Morocco?

Group H should be won by Poland, it's who I've done anyway!

If you do the 16 teams to qualify from the groups, some should be certain, odds are 350/1 minimum!

Edited by JohnReese

Group H should be won by Poland, it's who I've done anyway!

If you do the 16 teams to qualify from the groups, some should be certain, odds are 350/1 minimum!

As it happens I've got Colombia to finish 1st in Group H, although only on goal difference over Poland.

As it happens I've got Colombia to finish 1st in Group H, although only on goal difference over Poland.

Should be Poland & Columbia anyway, don't matter which order for that bet but if you did want to predict the top one two from each group the odds then shoot out to 4000/1!

Should be Poland & Columbia anyway, don't matter which order for that bet but if you did want to predict the top one two from each group the odds then shoot out to 4000/1!

Do they really? Gosh, that sounds like remarkably good value. I might have a quid on that!

Weve got a company BBQ booked for July 7th which apparently is the day England should be playing in the second round if results go expected. There is this snivelling ****, Richard Ward, who will delight in the situation if England get knocked out. I am already preparing to throw the twat into the Leeds/Liverpool canal.

Weve got a company BBQ booked for July 7th which apparently is the day England should be playing in the second round if results go expected. There is this snivelling ****, Richard Ward, who will delight in the situation if England get knocked out. I am already preparing to throw the twat into the Leeds/Liverpool canal.

Why does he want England to get knocked out, Danny?

Edit: 7th July is the day England could be in the quarter finals.

Edited by H-Block

Why does he want England to get knocked out, Danny?

He is one of those I told you England are shit types. They revel in Englands demise and predict it as if they are some football savant. Cant stand them.

He is one of those I told you England are shit types. They revel in Englands demise and predict it as if they are some football savant. Cant stand them.

Predicting England going out hardly makes the man Nostradamus given England have been knocked out in 19 of 20 attempts! As evidenced in the book Soccernomics, an England exit in the quarters is about where we "should" be peforming given population, wealth, football history and how many people actually play the sport as opposed to writing about it on forums all day.

If we do indeed go out in the quarters, nobody should be ashamed, equally the Richard Wards of this World will not have anything to gloat about.

Edited by H-Block

Anyone putting on a big accumulator bet on group winners or whatever should do it at Bet Victor - They're giving away a million to whoever wins with the biggest odds (stake must be at least one pound) B)

Had a £5 free bet from Bet365 so thought I would have a go at an accumulator on the bottom placed teams in each group.

I've gone for:

Saudi Arabia

Iran

Peru

Iceland

Serbia

South Korea

Panama

Japan

Returns just over 2k. Absolute long shot and I'll probably end up only getting 2/3 right. I'm sure Art will come along shortly to tell me how many I've got right ;)

Edited by nottmred

Had a £5 free bet from Bet365 so thought I would have a go at an accumulator on the bottom placed teams in each group.

I've gone for:

Saudi Arabia

Iran

Peru

Iceland

Serbia

South Korea

Panama

Japan

Returns just over 2k. Absolute long shot and I'll probably end up only getting 2/3 right. I'm sure Art will come along shortly to tell me how many I've got right ;)

I did the same bet but chose Austrailia Nigeria & Costa Rica instead of Peru Iceland & Serbia, odds were much shorter than yours at 82/1 but England might let us both down anyway!!!

Edited by JohnReese

I've gone for:

Saudi Arabia

Iran

Peru

Iceland

Serbia

South Korea

Panama

Japan

Hmmm......I only agree with Saudi Arabia, Iran, South Korea and Panama.

Can I ask why you've placed Serbia so low? They had a good record in qualifying plus have a sort of historical "brotherhood" with Russia, meaning many over there will regard them as their second team, which must count for something.

For what it's worth I've tipped them to finish second in the group, albeit very narrowly ahead of Switzerland.

Does anyone know a bookmaker which will let you predict all 16 qualifiers from the group stage regardless of whether they finish first or second?

Bet 365 are letting you predict the teams to finish first and second but when I try to pick all 16 qualifiers it wants to force me to do threefolds, fourfolds, Super Heinz and all that malarkey that I don't really understand! Yes, I know the gambling experts will say it's a mugs game but I just want to put down a straightforward accumulator. Any ideas?

Does anyone know a bookmaker which will let you predict all 16 qualifiers from the group stage regardless of whether they finish first or second?

Bet 365 are letting you predict the teams to finish first and second but when I try to pick all 16 qualifiers it wants to force me to do threefolds, fourfolds, Super Heinz and all that malarkey that I don't really understand! Yes, I know the gambling experts will say it's a mugs game but I just want to put down a straightforward accumulator. Any ideas?

I had the same issue with Bet365. Other bookmakers will let you do accas on these type of bets however.