H-Block

World Cup 2018 draw

You Big Club Lover You, bet you're gutted Joe Hart wasn't selected.😂

Yeah how silly of me to choose the players that play for the best teams winning titles and getting to to CL finals.

Not that much, if any, weight at all should be granted to any pundits opinion but who was championing Sessegnon and especially Foden over Rashford?

No-one expects England to win the thing and admittedly there are some bang average footballers in the squad but thats because, a handful of players aside, there is a bit of a dearth of top level English talent at the moment. With the successes of the younger age groups this past year or so we might be more of a prospect in the next World Cup or two but for this one, as with pretty much all others these past couple of decades, we will be amongst the also-rans regardless of which 11 actually play.

I don't think they actually said "Sessegnon & Foden should go over Rashford" just that both Sessegnon & Foden should be in this squad but when you've a player, a striker, who has scored only three goals all season & made only one start in 2018, any sensible manager would say he's not had enough matches to justify selection... "But he's a Manc" the FA remind you after counting their recent handout from that big six club, "He has to be selected regardless coz they pay us for that privilege"

That's the only reason Rashford is in.

Yeah how silly of me to choose the players that play for the best teams winning titles and getting to to CL finals.

Pickford, Dier, Rose, Alli, Kane? Won Nothing, neither have TAA or Henderson yet, then again, Stones only played 18 games last season so hardly a regular in that title winning team. Tbh, Kane is still our best striker but will win nothing at Spurs, should start, Sterling deserves his place whether you like his diving antics or not so does Kyle Walker but the others???

Whoever plays will beat Tunisia & Panama anyway to qualify from the group but Southgate will probably start with a similar team to yours just to make them look good.

Edited by JohnReese

I don't think they actually said "Sessegnon & Foden should go over Rashford" just that both Sessegnon & Foden should be in this squad but when you've a player, a striker, who has scored only three goals all season & made only one start in 2018, any sensible manager would say he's not had enough matches to justify selection... "But he's a Manc" the FA remind you after counting their recent handout from that big six club, "He has to be selected regardless coz they pay us for that privilege"

That's the only reason Rashford is in.

OK let me rephrase seeing as you are indulging in a bit of verbal gymnastics. Which pundits were seriously championing the inclusion of Sessegnon and especially Foden?

If you are going to criticise the selection of Rashford due to his combined lack of playing time and goals then how does Phil Foden, with 5 league appearances and 0 goals, get selected? Also, if you are insinuating that there is a big club bias you would do well to note that Foden plays, albeit very occasionally, for Manchester City.

Pickford, Dier, Rose, Alli, Kane? Won Nothing, neither have TAA or Henderson yet, then again, Stones only played 18 games last season so hard,eye a regular in that title winning team. Tbh, Kane is still our best striker but will win nothing at Spurs, should start, Sterling deserves his place whether you like his diving antics or not so does Kyle Walker but the others???

Are you doing this on purpose? At present the only English footballers to have won owt this season are the lot at City (Stones, Walker, Sterling, Delph, Foden) as they have won the only 2 cups on offer at present. It would be a pretty small squad to pick on your selection criteria.

We have established you think Sessegnon should go, and perhaps Foden. Who else that hasnt been selected do you think Southgate has missed? As average as the squad is it pretty much represents the best available English players, a few peripheral quibbles aside.

Are you doing this on purpose? At present the only English footballers to have won owt this season are the lot at City (Stones, Walker, Sterling, Delph, Foden) as they have won the only 2 cups on offer at present. It would be a pretty small squad to pick on your selection criteria.

We have established you think Sessegnon should go, and perhaps Foden. Who else that hasnt been selected do you think Southgate has missed? As average as the squad is it pretty much represents the best available English players, a few peripheral quibbles aside.

Shelvey has had a good 2018, Lascelles too, Tarkowski had a great season as has Lewis Cook, Glenn Murray (4th highest English scorer behind Kane Vardy & Sterling) scored four times as many goals as Rashford, over twice as many as Welbeck so going on those stats alone Murray should be in over both Rashford & Welbeck but whilst at Brighton he could've won the golden boot and still not be in the squad so to answer your question:- Bertrand, Sessegnon & Tarkowski over Dier, Henderson & Rose, Shelvey, Cook, & Murray over Rashford, Lingaard & Welbeck.

Obviously start with Kane & Vardy but Murray good option from the bench.

(Foden was mentioned by the pundits not me!)

Edited by JohnReese

Pickford, Dier, Rose, Alli, Kane? Won Nothing, neither have TAA or Henderson yet,

So you're criticising the inclusion of these players as they haven't won anything and only get picked because they play for big clubs yet say Foden should be called up? Make your mind up.

OK let me rephrase seeing as you are indulging in a bit of verbal gymnastics. Which pundits were seriously championing the inclusion of Sessegnon and especially Foden?

If you are going to criticise the selection of Rashford due to his combined lack of playing time and goals then how does Phil Foden, with 5 league appearances and 0 goals, get selected? Also, if you are insinuating that there is a big club bias you would do well to note that Foden plays, albeit very occasionally, for Manchester City.

Verbal Gymnastics!! That's pretty original.

Foden was mentioned by the same pundits who mentioned Sessegnon, I was merely stating that they said Sessegnon should be in the squad too though "they" also said Foden should. Lineker, Shearer, Wright, Lawrenson & Jenas all said this... Means nothing I agree coz rarely do pundits actually speak the truth so maybe this too was just a smokescreen.

So you're criticising the inclusion of these players as they haven't won anything and only get picked because they play for big clubs yet say Foden should be called up? Make your mind up.

If you read it correctly Mr Savo you'll notice I was just saying Sessegnon should be in, the pundits who agreed were the ones saying Foden should too. Not sure I can make it any clearer for you.

If you read it correctly Mr Savo you'll notice I was just saying Sessegnon should be in, the pundits who agreed were the ones saying Foden should too. Not sure I can make it any clearer for you.

Go on then name your full 23. This should be interesting.

so to answer your question:- Bertrand, Sessegnon & Tarkowski over Dier, Henderson & Rose, Shelvey, Cook, & Murray over Rashford, Lingaard & Welbeck.

We can go back and forth and argue the relative merits of the players you think should be going but it comes back to my earlier point; minor quibbles aside the 23 going are arguably the best 23 available. You might think, for example, that Murray should be going over any of Rashford, Lingard and Welbeck but what difference would it ultimately make? I personally think that outside of Glen Murrays nearest and dearest you would struggle to find many that agree with you but our World Cup success or otherwise wont stand or fall on that type of decision.

For what its worth I think that Murray shouldnt be anywhere near the England squad. It reminds me when some were championing Grant Holt on the back of one half decent top flight season. It demonstrates a knee jerk, flavour of the month approach which very rarely works at international level.

Edited by Danny

We can go back and forth and argue the relative merits of the players you think should be going but it comes back to my earlier point; minor quibbles aside the 23 going are arguably the best 23 available. You might think, for example, that Murray should be going over any of Rashford, Lingard and Welbeck but what difference would it ultimately make? I personally think that outside of Glen Murrays nearest and dearest you would struggle to find many that agree with you but our World Cup success or otherwise wont stand or fall on that type of decision.

For what its worth I think that Murray shouldnt be anywhere near the England squad. It reminds me when some were championing Grant Holt on the back of one half decent top flight season. It demonstrates a knee jerk, flavour of the month approach which very rarely works at international level.

No it won't make any difference that's true, England will still be Crap but disagree that it's close to the best 23 available.

Plating admits that the 1998 draw was fixed to ensure that France & Brazil wouldn't meet until the final... In fact, every World Cup draw since 1974 has been fixed this way for the holders & hosts.

So... FIFA are corrupt, Has he got any news that we don't know?

Plating admits that the 1998 draw was fixed to ensure that France & Brazil wouldn't meet until the final... In fact, every World Cup draw since 1974 has been fixed this way for the holders & hosts.

So... FIFA are corrupt, Has he got any news that we don't know?

Still waiting for your 23 man squad Deano.

Phil Jones showing us today why he was selected......not.

Rashford & Young were shit too, yet still regarded by some as "Amongst our best 23 players" LOL

Want some Guaranteed profit? England NOT to win the World Cup is 1/40, only £25 profit from £1000 but Guaranteed!!

Want some Guaranteed profit? England NOT to win the World Cup is 1/40, only £25 profit from £1000 but Guaranteed!!

Here was half the country waiting with bated breath to stick all of their life earnings on England waltzing away with the trophy until you came in with this extremely inciteful tip. Top work Deano.

Why aren't these odds so much higher...??

England to win World Cup & Salah top scorer 500/1 LOL

Welbeck to score winner in WC Final 150/1 FFS ROFL

Danny Rose to score in WC Final 100/1 ROFL even more

All the above should be Trillons/1 Never has anything been more certain not to happen. Bookies must be drunk!

So saying the best squad possible has been picked means we think that we will win the World Cup? No one said we have a winning squad, we said we have the best squad from the players available. Fuck sake your hard work.

Still waiting to see your 23?