H-Block

World Cup 2018 draw

Bit disappointed that the posts have dried up since England's elimination, particularly given the fervent enthusiasm some on here were displaying. Not a single comment on the Third / Fourth placed game, chaps? :sad02:

My view - played above average sides on three occasions, lost on three occasions. Fair assessment?

Bit disappointed that the posts have dried up since England's elimination, particularly given the fervent enthusiasm some on here were displaying. Not a single comment on the Third / Fourth placed game, chaps? :sad02:

My view - played above average sides on three occasions, lost on three occasions. Fair assessment?

That's a fair assessment. I forgot the 3rd placed game was on until ten minutes to go yesterday. Turned on in time to see the 2nd Belgium goal.

Looking forward to the final, I think Croatia could get tonked.

The future is bright. Sessegnon, Foden, Sancho, Loftus-Cheek I'd expect to play a part in our next tournament. Rashford, Lingard, Alli, Pickford to all continue their development. Its the defenders which are a worry. Both of Croatias goals were sloppy/lazy defending to say the least.

Possibly be the most pointless game in football. Does anybody give a fuck who finishes 3rd? Its been an enjoyable tournament. Yes a bit of luck with the way it all fell, but nice to get knock out stage wins, nice to win a penalty shoot out, nice to be part of a semi final. Lots of positives to take from this.

I do hope they continue to take England round the country for Friendlies and Qualifiers. Take England to the fans and create an atmosphere rather than have them stuck at Wembley serving the same London based fans who can't sell it or create an atmosphere.

Possibly be the most pointless game in football. Does anybody give a fuck who finishes 3rd?

Well, yes! It's actually taken quite seriously, certainly in other parts of the World. It was apparently seen as Croatia's biggest sporting achievement when they finished 3rd in 1998.

Edited by H-Block

I do hope they continue to take England round the country for Friendlies and Qualifiers. Take England to the fans and create an atmosphere rather than have them stuck at Wembley serving the same London based fans who can't sell it or create an atmosphere.

Definitely agree with this 100%. The atmosphere for that friendly at Elland Road was something we haven't experienced with England for a long time. We should take a note from other countries and schedule crunch qualifying games for smaller, tighter grounds where the pressurised atmosphere could suffocate the visiting team.

Edited by H-Block

It showed us up to be exactly what we are. One of the better teams on that rung below the top 8 or so sides. We'd have been battered by France today.

It showed us up to be exactly what we are. One of the better teams on that rung below the top 8 or so sides. We'd have been battered by France today.

I'm struggling to think past three or four good sides. The rest were bang average, us included.

Sound about right, but that's a step up from losing to below average sides.

I've been left feeling quite positive about England. If Copello/Hodgeson had been in charge it'd have been 0-0 with Tunisia, a grim 2-0 over Panama, a 0-0 with Belgium's reserves then out to Columbia. And there'd have been no Trippier, Maguire, or Pickford. It'd have been Hart, Cahill, Jones, Wilshire breaking down after 40 minutes, and a reluctant, half fit Rooney persuaded to come out of retirement to partner Andy Carroll up front.

Wait, Hannah's on Twitter? Why did nobody tell me this before? :king_right:

Found her - Her tweet after Forest's latest friendly "If we can't beat a La Liga Club, I highly doubt we will win a single game in the Championship".

She's trolling her own followers by posting as a kind of parody of herself. Great stuff :thumbsup_still:

Is that Hannah the same one whos on Twitter who seems to take offence to everything and is an annoying contrarian?

Same Hannah? Surely not - what is her twitter id?

Edited by Daz555

Blimey, how many tweets does she make in one day?

Good job she doesn't have a job eh

Blimey, how many tweets does she make in one day?

I know. I've got eight years of tweets to catch up with :wacko: