Sign in to follow this  
H-Block

Christmas gets earlier and earlier...

Only the sixth of November and already most of the adverts on tv are Christmas ones.......IT'S ONLY THE START OF PISSING NOVEMBER......as I type this the advert on tv features a cover of "Merry Christmas Everyone"........IT'S FUCKING NOVEMBER, it's too early for Christmas ads!

The thing is, I actually love Christmas, but there's a time and a fucking place.........LIKE THE FUCKING THIRD WEEK OF DECEMBER, NOT THE FIRST WEEK OF PISSING NOVEMBER!!! :smile_anim: :smile_anim:

Sorry for the outburst, chaps, you know I'm usually a level headed gent.......but sometimes you just have to say it like it is!

IT'S FUCKING NOVEMBER,

a fucking place.........LIKE THE FUCKING

Do we have to endure such foul language on the Forum?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*Hangs his head in shame* :sad02:

It does appear that once bonfire night is out of the way, there's a green light for Christmas advertising.

X Factor and Christmas advertising? Stick to the BBC H Block.

Moaning about Christmas gets earlier every year it seems. Back in my day no-one moaned about Christmas 'til at least December......

I like the early start of things - it starts getting me in the mood and excited about all the functions I will attend and spending time with my family and seeing the kids on Christmas morning. They started doing their lists weeks ago :thumbsup_still:

I cannot see how it remotely bother of affect anyone if Marksys are selling wrapping paper unless you are a moany ol **** just looking for something else to moan about

and who watches adverts anymore - everything is recorded or on demand. I cannot remember watching an advert for ages

Edited by E R

and who watches adverts anymore - everything is recorded or on demand. I cannot remember watching an advert for ages

It's odd isn't it. I still hear people talking about a programme being on too late, such and such is on soon, I hate that advert or whatever but apart from live sport I can't rememebr watching anything at the moment it went out since about 1991 :confused:

Edited by Art Vandelay

Do you get Christmas pop songs anymore? In the 80s and 90s from mid-December there were always a fair few Christmas songs in the charts, which would be wheeled out every Christmas from then on. I have no idea what goes on with the pop charts these days but whenever I hear a Christmas song on the tv/radio/shops/those complilation CDs it's always a load of stuff from the 70s,80s, and 90s. Has there been anything lasting in the last 20 years? :unsure: