Photo

Discrimination against football supporters.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 i.k.s

i.k.s

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:44 PM

You can drink on a train, but not in a minibus or coach.

Every single event held at a football stadium allows drinking in the stands, except when football's played.

Utter joke, someone needs to sort this crap out.

#2 H-Block

H-Block

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:17 PM

Funny you should say that, I remember being quite taken aback the first time I went to the City Ground when the steward told me I couldn't take my pint to my seat. As a paying customer it's something I just took for granted.

My local non-league side let you drink when you watch the game, although you have to stand in a special cordoned off area near the clubhouse from where you can't properly see all the pitch.

#3 Savo

Savo

First Team Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:27 PM

Too many dickheads go to watch football that's why.

The situation is what it is Natalie.

#4 H-Block

H-Block

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:34 PM

Too many dickheads go to watch football that's why.

Yet many German clubs allow fans to drink beer at their seats..... does Germany not also have it's share of dickheads at the ground?

#5 Savo

Savo

First Team Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:46 PM

Yet many German clubs allow fans to drink beer at their seats..... does Germany not also have it's share of dickheads at the ground?

Different culture and attitude towards drinking. Over there you can have a pint with a Big Mac and when I went to Berlin you saw lots of folk drinking on the U-Bahn on weekend nights on their way to a club or something. There was never an issue and everyone just had a good time without impacting anyone else.

If that was allowed over here there'd be fights and all sorts of anti-social behaviour all the time.

For a lot of people here - particularly groups of young lads that frequent football - the sole purpose of drinking is to get steaming.

Edited by Savo, 03 October 2017 - 09:47 PM.

#6 i.k.s

i.k.s

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:28 AM

Different culture and attitude towards drinking. Over there you can have a pint with a Big Mac and when I went to Berlin you saw lots of folk drinking on the U-Bahn on weekend nights on their way to a club or something. There was never an issue and everyone just had a good time without impacting anyone else.

If that was allowed over here there'd be fights and all sorts of anti-social behaviour all the time.

For a lot of people here - particularly groups of young lads that frequent football - the sole purpose of drinking is to get steaming.

. Spoons opens at 9 in the morning on Saturday... supping from 3 till 4.45 won't make any difference to some pissed up tosser.

#7 i.k.s

i.k.s

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:29 AM

My point being why can you drink on the rattler to an away game but not a coach? It's absolutely ludicrous!!'

#8 Savo

Savo

First Team Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:05 AM

. Spoons opens at 9 in the morning on Saturday... supping from 3 till 4.45 won't make any difference to some pissed up tosser.

True but I think it's when the drinking is combined with the emotional rollercoaster of watching football. Drinking accentuates any emotions good or bad and I would fear that some couldn't control that. Obviously what people do before the game is out of football's control though. It's unfortunate as 90% of fans I'm sure would be no trouble at all having a few pints during the game but some would spoil it.

There's a certain element of society you're more likely to see at a game of football than you would at cricket or rugby where you can drink and they would cause all sorts of bother. I'm reading back at this post and realising that it sounds a bit snobby but there you go.

Edited by Savo, 04 October 2017 - 05:07 AM.

#9 molymoly

molymoly

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:14 PM

True but I think it's when the drinking is combined with the emotional rollercoaster of watching football. Drinking accentuates any emotions good or bad and I would fear that some couldn't control that. Obviously what people do before the game is out of football's control though. It's unfortunate as 90% of fans I'm sure would be no trouble at all having a few pints during the game but some would spoil it.

There's a certain element of society you're more likely to see at a game of football than you would at cricket or rugby where you can drink and they would cause all sorts of bother. I'm reading back at this post and realising that it sounds a bit snobby but there you go.

You're completely right - there's a reason why Rugby fans can sit together with no issues whatsoever. Can you imagine the mixing of home and away fans at a football match without incident?

#10 i.k.s

i.k.s

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:47 PM

You're completely right - there's a reason why Rugby fans can sit together with no issues whatsoever. Can you imagine the mixing of home and away fans at a football match without incident?

Happens at non league games every week.

#11 i.k.s

i.k.s

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

So anyway. My original post was aimed at allowing alcohol on a train going to an away game, but not a coach or minibus.

#12 Charlie Cheswick

Charlie Cheswick

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:57 PM

Is it 'cause you could potential fuck with the driver on a bus?

#13 Ben

Ben

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:37 AM

but not a coach or minibus.

You were driving it at the time though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users