114 replies to this topic

#101 Fatles

Fatles

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:10 PM

Dowell's a spectator that has a shit touch of the ball every now and again.
Rather have Clough on the pitch.

#102 Charlie Cheswick

Charlie Cheswick

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:23 PM

Dowell's a spectator that has a shit touch of the ball every now and again.
Rather have Clough on the pitch.

Clough is a spectator every game though.  Was he a striker at Bolton?  Maybe that's the problem, Warburton thinks strikers are wingers.

#103 Bcrawa

Bcrawa

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:52 PM

What has happened to Clough? Thought he was a great signing but he's worse than useless so far this season. Confidence? My heart sank when he came on...same when McKay was subbed...what sort of a decision was that??? The only plus for me was Eric...thought he was superb. Reminds me of Pearce at times...never going to pull out of a 50/50 in our shirt. Thought worst player on the the pitch was Dowell by some margin.
Do you think you are good enough....?

#104 Savo

Savo

First Team Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:03 PM

Dowell is clearly talented and has a bright future but today was not a game for him.

I'm really frustrated watching us as we play passing football which I would always prefer to see but it is so slow and predictable. At times it's like we're playing a friendly with the complete lack of urgency in our play.

It is entirely possible to play passing football that is quick and more direct. In fact I'm sure that's how Brentford used to play under MW.

The situation is what it is Natalie.

#105 H-Block

H-Block

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:09 PM

Vital we keep a clean sheet for the first 30 minutes ..

First 30 seconds would have been an improvement, Doc. What an embarrassment.

#106 rob_johnstoneuk

rob_johnstoneuk

Academy Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:55 AM

Once again Warburton has displayed a tendency to pick players and play them out of position. What really is the point in playing Cummings and starting him on the wing? He is a centre forward for christ sake - he has been doing the same with Brereton all season too. Pick players in their correct position, it is obvious to anyone. Where the hell is Carayol? 

As others have said, I am all for the style of football but the tempo of our game is so slow it is too predictable. Teams know to press when our defenders have the ball and then allow us to play in front of them when in possession. I understand it takes time to get a methodology across to the team so i am not going to started hounding Warburton out, but seriously we need to start seeing some progression. The 60 minute substitute ploy seems to lack ideas and as yet I have not seen these changes impact the game.

#107 Charlie Cheswick

Charlie Cheswick

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 5,758 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:58 AM

Once again Warburton has displayed a tendency to pick players and play them out of position. What really is the point in playing Cummings and starting him on the wing? He is a centre forward for christ sake - he has been doing the same with Brereton all season too. Pick players in their correct position, it is obvious to anyone. Where the hell is Carayol? 

As others have said, I am all for the style of football but the tempo of our game is so slow it is too predictable. Teams know to press when our defenders have the ball and then allow us to play in front of them when in possession. I understand it takes time to get a methodology across to the team so i am not going to started hounding Warburton out, but seriously we need to start seeing some progression. The 60 minute substitute ploy seems to lack ideas and as yet I have not seen these changes impact the game.

The substitions impacted the game yesterday.  Each one made us shitter.

#108 rob_johnstoneuk

rob_johnstoneuk

Academy Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:00 AM

The substitions impacted the game yesterday.  Each one made us shitter.

:thumbsup_still:

#109 Ben

Ben

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:15 AM

I thought we looked pretty solid for the first 23 seconds.

#110 MikeNFFC

MikeNFFC

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:45 AM

I thought we looked pretty solid for the first 23 seconds.

😁

I'd love to know if the club actually made any attempts to sign some good defenders this summer or whether MW and his team didn't feel it was needed.

These managers make me laugh they really do. Football should be kept as simple as possible but it just never seems to be the case with us - for example for us, we sign loads of attacking players, play them out of position and fail to address the defensive shambles, which was one of the worst in the league last season. A glaringly obvious problem.

I thought that first goal was a decent one to be fair but I only saw it live once, funnily enough I haven't fancied watching any replays yet.

I would not care one bit if MW was sacked at this point. I think it's fair to say our owner is pretty ruthless with firing managers too....

One last thing, I can only assume Derby fans cannot realise they are the most embarrassing set of fans in the country. There are too many reasons to list why. Cringe.

#111 Danny

Danny

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 5,176 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:57 AM

What baffles me is that Warburton seems to like having 2 wide attackers yet sidelines one of only 2 that we have at the club in Carayol. Surely it'd be far more effective letting him start instead of sticking Cummings or Brereton outside where they're not playing to their strengths and most likely getting pretty sacked off.

It's getting to a point where Warburton's ideals are beginning to negatively affect the team. I'd love it if we stroked the ball about and passed teams to death but we don't have the players to do that. Instead we knock it about on the halfway line and just pass for passings sake. It's shite and indicative of a manager either unwilling or unable to adjust his tactics to best suit the players at his disposal.

Edited by Danny, Yesterday, 10:57 AM.

When I say "Go!", you say "Weeble!".

"Go!"...

#112 E R

E R

The Greatest President in history

• Subscribers
  • 5,449 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:28 PM

agree about Carayol and putting Brereton//Cummings out there - fucking baffling!

Edited by E R, Yesterday, 12:28 PM.

#113 Fatles

Fatles

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:56 PM

agree about Carayol and putting Brereton//Cummings out there - fucking baffling!

Bereton being out on the wing isn't doing his career any good.
He's known as a striker that runs at players, he needs to make sure he doesn't get forgotten simply because he doesn't play has well out on the wing.
Send Dowell back, even though he's getting loads of game time, I can't see him improving. Let one of OUR players have the spot and watch their confidence grow.

#114 Dane B

Dane B

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • 16,658 posts

Posted Today, 06:58 AM

I watched the first half, and I thought we were unlucky to go in at 0-1. We should have gone in at least level. Early goal made it difficult for us, but if your front men can't score and your defence is shit, there's only one outcome.

2 wins and 6 defeats in last 8 league games. The pressure has to be on Warburton to come up with something different. If Cummings is playing, he has to play behind Murphy through the middle, not on the wing. Bizarre selection from Warburton. Maybe he doesn't have the players to play his system, but he should have addressed that in the Summer. Did we really need Cummings? An out and out right winger would have been a better buy. Too much is being asked of our wing backs. Why take off McKay? What has happened to Brereton? Why has Lichaj been on the bench all season and that Darikwa getting a game ahead of him? What has happened to Clough? Why bring in Dowell when we have a plethora of midfielders and a rookie in goal?

Too many strange decisions from Warburton, and I believe the Burton game could prove to be his last if we lose. He needs to change tactics. Maybe a 4-4-1-1 would work better, playing Cummings/Brereton just behind Murphy/Velios. What has Velios done wrong to not even make the match squad? Too many players to choose from in midfield and attack, and not enough quality at the back. Build up play far too slow and predictable. This is not what I expected from Warburton. I honestly thought we'd be pushing for top 6 this season, instead, I think we are easy to play against, too easy to beat, and may well find ourselves in another dog fight at the wrong end of the table.

What really worries me the most, nothing changes from match to match. No effort seems to be made to mix it up a bit. Predictable substitutions on the hour every game. Predictable football every game.

I LOVE GOLF, I LOVE MY WIFE, AND I ENJOY DOING BOTH.

#115 GupiRed2

GupiRed2

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted Today, 07:13 AM

Another bad result but its going to take more than one transfer window to sort this squad out, probably another 2. I reckon he will be given this season to revamp the squad and implement his style and then be fully judged from next season. Thats the impression I got from Randal's statement at the start of the season. Its annoying because we actually played well for large spells and aren't far off, but mistakes really are costing us.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users