Caz

3rd round (Chelsea)

Ha great tie. Either. A minnow or a giant. Let's try our new style of football against the prem champions no fear. Imagine we turn them over somehow, confidence sky high, nothing to lose

Real shame the tie wasn't at home, Forest could do with the finances, and home support. Let's hope the match is televised, and the team does us proud, win or lose.

Draw is in China, 4am and no live coverage and somehow almost all the Premier League teams get nice home ties.

Coincidence...?

Hopefully it goes better than the last time we played them with our most embarassing performance ever.

I was at that game and it was horrible

Think that was when Mourinho and a sub (Drogba maybe?) were just pissing about laughing on the bench like they were playing Bulwell Girls u13s

I don't think so - we have a young side so they will enjoy the day and nothing is expected from them.

And you just never know as they will no doubt play 11 reserves

Is this seeded or something - not one prem team is drawn away

Man City, Liverpool, Stoke, Swansea, Huddersfield and Brighton all are away.

David, unsure myself but thought originally the majority of attendance money, and televised revenue went to the Home side to cover costs. Although after checking the Sportsind.com website it appears Newcastle and Nottingham Forest each receive £7,000 (yes only seven thousand pounds) for the second round tie. Then both sides receive 45% each of the ticket revenue. It is the television rights which make the finances and are distributed among the clubs. The article doesn't go into detail the percentage cut, nor how it is calculated but many of the Club must lose money in the early rounds if gate receipts are low.

The winner gets £100k. There is no significant financial gain in this competition whatsoever. That's why so many people are saying we may as well sack it off as a competition.

Is this seeded or something - not one prem team is drawn away

I said that to my mate. The only prem sides away are away to other prem sides. Also there are 3 Championship clubs left that owned by Far Eastern consortiums, Villa, Wolves and Reading. All three are also at home.

Bit dodgy if you ask me.

I said that to my mate. The only prem sides away are away to other prem sides. Also there are 3 Championship clubs left that owned by Far Eastern consortiums, Villa, Wolves and Reading. All three are also at home.

Bit dodgy if you ask me.

Curious indeed !.

Smells strongly of the " warm ball syndrome " ...........

Man City, Liverpool, Stoke, Swansea, Huddersfield and Brighton all are away.

To other prem sides

Eastleigh is rammed with Chelsea support as the railway works moved down from nine elms a century ago, so I'll be sharing the rattler with them.

Went general sale for about an hour. It's a complete sell out for the whole ground. We're starting in borough market about 2pm then drinking our way to the ground.