89 replies to this topic

#81 Danny

Danny

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:20 PM

Villa fan..pal of mine..said we can have Lansbury back and offered to drive him personally 😂😂😂

Pleased to hear that shirking twat is having a bad time of it. I never begrudge players moving clubs but refusing to play is just cowardly. Good riddance to the ponce.

Edited by Danny, 12 August 2017 - 09:21 PM.

When I say "Go!", you say "Weeble!".

"Go!"...

#82 Caz

Caz

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:12 PM

He puts more effort into pruning his facial hair that he does playing for the shirt on the pitch.
We're back and we're coming for ya.

#83 Charlie Cheswick

Charlie Cheswick

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 5,836 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:13 PM

He was one of those types that I could never figure out what it was that he did as in he didn't score much, create much, stop much when he played deep and his set peices were mostly crap.  I think he looked a lot better than he was. 

#84 Savo

Savo

First Team Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:07 PM

I must admit I thought Lansbury was probably our best player over the last 4 years or so. Not saying much but had we been a better side I think we'd see him shine. Our problem - aside from being consistently shit - has been our inability to recognise his best position. He's never been a defensive water-carrier ala Vaughan yet some managers have insisted he plays there.

We could do with him now. Sack off biscuit legs Cohen and stick Henri in there with Bouchalkis and Osborn. Now that would be much better to give him free reign to join the strikers instead of the absolute tripe we've had him partner up with in the past like Lam, Kasami, Trotter, Ebecillo, Moussi and Tesche.

Edited by Savo, 12 August 2017 - 11:15 PM.

The situation is what it is Natalie.

#85 US_RED

US_RED

Ground Game Please

• Root Admin
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:18 AM

Thought Bouchalakis played a lot like Neil Webb.  Vaughan is a good anchorman but he isn't one for staying fit for long periods.  A commanding keeper could sort that jittery stuff at the back, said the same about Darikwa after the last game, he plays himself into trouble as much as he plays out of it.

Agree with the Webb analogy, Also Bouch is everything Henri Lansbury would like to be.

#86 i.k.s

i.k.s

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 6,764 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:42 AM

Two great goals from Bouch. Smith's shot stopping is first class, he will only get better as he gets older, I can see him becoming another Crossley. Bring on Boro...

#87 colin

colin

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • 9,461 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:27 AM

A quite splendid day out with good friends .. Expecting our usual beating at Griffin Park but not in the least disappointed by the marvellous result . The game was the epitome of the curates egg ,   good and bad in parts !. Progress is clearly being made but it will take time for the players to gel and become comfortable with Warburtons' style of play ... 

In the boozer after the game several Brentford fans were lamenting Warburton leaving them ..Their loss is very much our gain .. Finished the day off with a fine Italian meal washed down with a couple of bottles of Barolo .  Sumptuous !!!

There is a forgotten , nay almost forbidden word , which means more to me than any other . That word is ENGLAND

Sir Winston Churchill .

#88 E R

E R

The Greatest President in history

• Subscribers
  • 5,534 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:07 AM

I saw the game out here as someone was screening live on Facebook. Excellent result although the defence looks fucking terrible.

Sorry but I think Worralll has to miss out against Boro and play Traore as there is no pace in him and Mills. Also Mancienne looks lost at times.

Swap Osbourne for Carayol against Boro

The 2 goals from Bouch were brilliant and Murphy had a really good game

#89 A new man

A new man

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:41 AM

Two great goals from Bouch. Smith's shot stopping is first class, he will only get better as he gets older, I can see him becoming another Crossley. Bring on Boro...

One with his left foot, the other with his right. He obviously has great technique and ability.

#90 Faceman

Faceman

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:12 PM

A quite splendid day out with good friends .. Expecting our usual beating at Griffin Park but not in the least disappointed by the marvellous result . The game was the epitome of the curates egg ,   good and bad in parts !. Progress is clearly being made but it will take time for the players to gel and become comfortable with Warburtons' style of play ... 

In the boozer after the game several Brentford fans were lamenting Warburton leaving them ..Their loss is very much our gain .. Finished the day off with a fine Italian meal washed down with a couple of bottles of Barolo .  Sumptuous !!!

Yep - was  bloody good day out. Good to see everyone again.

Thought Mills and Murphy were outstanding. Once Murphy managed to start holding up the ball and laying it off he took the pressure off our stretched midfield and we began to run the show. Bouch obviously took his goals really well and played some lovely long, cultured passes.

Thought Clough was poor and bringing on the young lad from Everton at HT was a good shout. His ball with the outside of his foot to send McKay clean through was great.

Cracking atmosphere - hope Keith recovered from his fall!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users