144 replies to this topic

#1 Bcrawa

Bcrawa

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:41 AM

Bored of arguing about cash and signings. 3-1 Forest...fine attacking display.
Do you think you are good enough....?

#2 Charlie Cheswick

Charlie Cheswick

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,594 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:08 AM

3-0. 

#3 Ricknffc

Ricknffc

Academy Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:28 AM

3-1 forest clough vellios and murphy

#4 nottmred

nottmred

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 13,637 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:36 AM

These looked shite in the playoff final, anyone know if they've made any serious additions?

Forest 2-0. Not sure whether we'll be top as I fancy the shaggers to smash a very poor Sunderland side.

Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Redman

Redman

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

These looked shite in the playoff final, anyone know if they've made any serious additions?

Forest 2-0. Not sure whether we'll be top as I fancy the shaggers to smash a very poor Sunderland side.

They've signed Northern Ireland right back, Connor McLaughlin from Fleetwood, Jake Cooper centre back from Reading and Ryan Tunnicliffe from Fulham who used to be quite decent and is still only mid 20's

Going for a 2-0 victory too

#6 Savo

Savo

First Team Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:10 AM

Based on nothing more than highlights and reports...

Smith

Hobbs
Mancienne
Mills

Darikwa right wing back
Traore left

Osborn
Bouchalkis

McKay
Clough
Velios

Subs
Cohen
Fox
Lihaj
Dowell
Cummings
Murphy
Vaughan

Edited by Savo, 03 August 2017 - 11:12 AM.

The situation is what it is Natalie.

#7 David

David

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:19 AM

Smith

Hobbs
Mancienne
Mills

Darikwa right wing back
Traore left

Osborn
Bouchalkis

McKay
Clough
Velios

Subs
Cohen
Fox
Lihaj
Dowell
Cummings
Murphy
Vaughan

Swap Velios for Murphy and i think that team will start. 

We don?t talk about love we only want to get drunk
And we are not allowed to spend
As we are told that this is the end

#8 A new man

A new man

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:38 AM

Smith

Hobbs
Mancienne
Mills

Darikwa right wing back
Traore left

Osborn
Bouchalkis

McKay
Clough
Velios

Subs
Cohen
Fox
Lihaj
Dowell
Cummings
Murphy
Vaughan

Is Brereton injured?

#9 Red or Dead

Red or Dead

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:38 AM

Brererton?
"They say Rome wasn't built in a day, but I wasn't on that particular job"

Clough, Brian OBE, MA

"Believe"

#10 Savo

Savo

First Team Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:42 AM

Forgot about him! Would have him in the side definitely. Probably over McKay.

#11 rob_johnstoneuk

rob_johnstoneuk

Academy Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:47 AM

Traore will play as a centre half, probably in place of Hobbs and McKay will play on the left. This will leave room for Brereton to come into the side...

I do not think Warburton fancies Velios or possibly thinks his strengths are coming off the bench so Murphy will probably start. I would go for Cummings though, from what I saw preseason I think he will score goals.

#12 Savo

Savo

First Team Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:48 AM

Traore will play as a centre half, probably in place of Hobbs and McKay will play on the left. This will leave room for Brereton to come into the side...

I do not think Warburton fancies Velios or possibly thinks his strengths are coming off the bench so Murphy will probably start. I would go for Cummings though, from what I saw preseason I think he will score goals.

I thought McKay was an attacking winger?

The opinions of him I've read don't suggest to me that he could play a wing back role. Apparently he's gifted but lazy...

Edited by Savo, 03 August 2017 - 11:49 AM.

#13 nemesiz

nemesiz

Academy Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:11 PM

Savo, so you prefer Darikwa over Lichaj? No criticism as we all have differing opinions. Although understandably you might not have seen Lichaj in pre-season to make an opinion. If you've watched the highlights to the USA games he participated then maybe you'd re-consider. His form was paramount for USA getting through the early stages of CONCACAF, playing an important role in the Quarter-Final match against El Salvador where he scored a vital goal in a 2-0 win. Plus his superb performances last term ensured that he received the Nottingham Forest Player of the Season. So would you drop him? In my opinion Eric Lichaj would automatically be in the starting line-up, but I believe Warburton has differing views on the player that is why he signed Darikwa.

The concern is the fragility of the central defence in pre-season, as like last season looked vulnerable to the Counter and Set Pieces due to poor positioning and re-actions. If Nottingham Forest faced a side with a clinical finisher, the results would probably be different. This is why I don't understand why Warburton has targeted and/or signed the players to strengthen the squad in those positions, when the side desperately required a central defender, and a creative central midfielder to help take pressure away from the defence.

#14 David

David

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:47 PM

Savo, so you prefer Darikwa over Lichaj? No criticism as we all have differing opinions. Although understandably you might not have seen Lichaj in pre-season to make an opinion. If you've watched the highlights to the USA games he participated then maybe you'd re-consider. His form was paramount for USA getting through the early stages of CONCACAF, playing an important role in the Quarter-Final match against El Salvador where he scored a vital goal in a 2-0 win. Plus his superb performances last term ensured that he received the Nottingham Forest Player of the Season. So would you drop him? In my opinion Eric Lichaj would automatically be in the starting line-up, but I believe Warburton has differing views on the player that is why he signed Darikwa.

The concern is the fragility of the central defence in pre-season, as like last season looked vulnerable to the Counter and Set Pieces due to poor positioning and re-actions. If Nottingham Forest faced a side with a clinical finisher, the results would probably be different. This is why I don't understand why Warburton has targeted and/or signed the players to strengthen the squad in those positions, when the side desperately required a central defender, and a creative central midfielder to help take pressure away from the defence.

Is he fit from summer exploits? He may get a bit of extra time off. Have you seen Darikwa play? He's done well so far. More than an adequate stand-in

We don?t talk about love we only want to get drunk
And we are not allowed to spend
As we are told that this is the end

#15 bestwood_red!

bestwood_red!

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

I don't think it's a case of people preferring him over Lichaj, I know I don't, but Warburton has worked with him before and the fact he's gone back for him means he'll probably be first choice.

#16 Caz

Caz

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:31 PM

Can't see Lichaj starting as he's only joined up with the squad this week.

My guess at the staring line-up is;

Smith

Worrall
Mancienne
Mills

Darikwa
Vaughan
Bouchalakis
Osborn
Traore

Cummings
Murphy

Edited by Caz, 03 August 2017 - 01:32 PM.

We're back and we're coming for ya.

#17 rob_johnstoneuk

rob_johnstoneuk

Academy Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:44 PM

I thought McKay was an attacking winger?

The opinions of him I've read don't suggest to me that he could play a wing back role. Apparently he's gifted but lazy...

He played left wing back against Notts but I guess he wasn't really tested defensively due to the standard of the opposition. 

#18 Bcrawa

Bcrawa

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:48 PM

Can't see Lichaj starting as he's only joined up with the squad this week.

My guess at the staring line-up is;

Smith

Worrall
Mancienne
Mills

Darikwa
Vaughan
Bouchalakis
Osborn
Traore

Cummings
Murphy

I'd expect something like this but the front 2 (hope its 2) are anyone's guess. Murphy is likely but the other is harder to predict.
Do you think you are good enough....?

#19 E R

E R

The Greatest President in history

• Subscribers
  • 5,213 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:56 PM

Lose 1-2

#20 Ricknffc

Ricknffc

Academy Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:16 PM

Are you depressed all the time or something? Your sucking the life out of us fans. If you truly think we will lose 1-2 then that's your opinion but why do you rate us that bad that we will not beat a side coming up from league 1? We may lose 1-2 anything is possible but why s that your depressing prediction? Do you also think we will finish bottom of the table?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users