These looked shite in the playoff final, anyone know if they've made any serious additions?

Forest 2-0. Not sure whether we'll be top as I fancy the shaggers to smash a very poor Sunderland side.

These looked shite in the playoff final, anyone know if they've made any serious additions?

Forest 2-0. Not sure whether we'll be top as I fancy the shaggers to smash a very poor Sunderland side.

They've signed Northern Ireland right back, Connor McLaughlin from Fleetwood, Jake Cooper centre back from Reading and Ryan Tunnicliffe from Fulham who used to be quite decent and is still only mid 20's

Going for a 2-0 victory too

Based on nothing more than highlights and reports...

Smith

Hobbs

Mancienne

Mills

Darikwa right wing back

Traore left

Osborn

Bouchalkis

McKay

Clough

Velios

Subs

Cohen

Fox

Lihaj

Dowell

Cummings

Murphy

Vaughan

Edited by Savo

Smith

Hobbs

Mancienne

Mills

Darikwa right wing back

Traore left

Osborn

Bouchalkis

McKay

Clough

Velios

Subs

Cohen

Fox

Lihaj

Dowell

Cummings

Murphy

Vaughan

Swap Velios for Murphy and i think that team will start.

Smith

Hobbs

Mancienne

Mills

Darikwa right wing back

Traore left

Osborn

Bouchalkis

McKay

Clough

Velios

Subs

Cohen

Fox

Lihaj

Dowell

Cummings

Murphy

Vaughan

Is Brereton injured?

Traore will play as a centre half, probably in place of Hobbs and McKay will play on the left. This will leave room for Brereton to come into the side...

I do not think Warburton fancies Velios or possibly thinks his strengths are coming off the bench so Murphy will probably start. I would go for Cummings though, from what I saw preseason I think he will score goals.

Traore will play as a centre half, probably in place of Hobbs and McKay will play on the left. This will leave room for Brereton to come into the side...

I do not think Warburton fancies Velios or possibly thinks his strengths are coming off the bench so Murphy will probably start. I would go for Cummings though, from what I saw preseason I think he will score goals.

I thought McKay was an attacking winger?

The opinions of him I've read don't suggest to me that he could play a wing back role. Apparently he's gifted but lazy...

Edited by Savo

Savo, so you prefer Darikwa over Lichaj? No criticism as we all have differing opinions. Although understandably you might not have seen Lichaj in pre-season to make an opinion. If you've watched the highlights to the USA games he participated then maybe you'd re-consider. His form was paramount for USA getting through the early stages of CONCACAF, playing an important role in the Quarter-Final match against El Salvador where he scored a vital goal in a 2-0 win. Plus his superb performances last term ensured that he received the Nottingham Forest Player of the Season. So would you drop him? In my opinion Eric Lichaj would automatically be in the starting line-up, but I believe Warburton has differing views on the player that is why he signed Darikwa.

The concern is the fragility of the central defence in pre-season, as like last season looked vulnerable to the Counter and Set Pieces due to poor positioning and re-actions. If Nottingham Forest faced a side with a clinical finisher, the results would probably be different. This is why I don't understand why Warburton has targeted and/or signed the players to strengthen the squad in those positions, when the side desperately required a central defender, and a creative central midfielder to help take pressure away from the defence.

Savo, so you prefer Darikwa over Lichaj? No criticism as we all have differing opinions. Although understandably you might not have seen Lichaj in pre-season to make an opinion. If you've watched the highlights to the USA games he participated then maybe you'd re-consider. His form was paramount for USA getting through the early stages of CONCACAF, playing an important role in the Quarter-Final match against El Salvador where he scored a vital goal in a 2-0 win. Plus his superb performances last term ensured that he received the Nottingham Forest Player of the Season. So would you drop him? In my opinion Eric Lichaj would automatically be in the starting line-up, but I believe Warburton has differing views on the player that is why he signed Darikwa.

The concern is the fragility of the central defence in pre-season, as like last season looked vulnerable to the Counter and Set Pieces due to poor positioning and re-actions. If Nottingham Forest faced a side with a clinical finisher, the results would probably be different. This is why I don't understand why Warburton has targeted and/or signed the players to strengthen the squad in those positions, when the side desperately required a central defender, and a creative central midfielder to help take pressure away from the defence.

Is he fit from summer exploits? He may get a bit of extra time off. Have you seen Darikwa play? He's done well so far. More than an adequate stand-in

I don't think it's a case of people preferring him over Lichaj, I know I don't, but Warburton has worked with him before and the fact he's gone back for him means he'll probably be first choice.

Can't see Lichaj starting as he's only joined up with the squad this week.

My guess at the staring line-up is;

Smith

Worrall

Mancienne

Mills

Darikwa

Vaughan

Bouchalakis

Osborn

Traore

Cummings

Murphy

Edited by Caz

I thought McKay was an attacking winger?

The opinions of him I've read don't suggest to me that he could play a wing back role. Apparently he's gifted but lazy...

He played left wing back against Notts but I guess he wasn't really tested defensively due to the standard of the opposition.

Can't see Lichaj starting as he's only joined up with the squad this week.

My guess at the staring line-up is;

Smith

Worrall

Mancienne

Mills

Darikwa

Vaughan

Bouchalakis

Osborn

Traore

Cummings

Murphy

I'd expect something like this but the front 2 (hope its 2) are anyone's guess. Murphy is likely but the other is harder to predict.

Are you depressed all the time or something? Your sucking the life out of us fans. If you truly think we will lose 1-2 then that's your opinion but why do you rate us that bad that we will not beat a side coming up from league 1? We may lose 1-2 anything is possible but why s that your depressing prediction? Do you also think we will finish bottom of the table?

Are you depressed all the time or something? Your sucking the life out of us fans. If you truly think we will lose 1-2 then that's your opinion but why do you rate us that bad that we will not beat a side coming up from league 1? We may lose 1-2 anything is possible but why s that your depressing prediction? Do you also think we will finish bottom of the table?

He's sulking because we haven't spunked the Britt cash on a couple of big signings. He'll come round if we start to deliver the goods...or we splash the cash before transfer window closes.

I know he's sulking but what's the point before the season has even started? Let's have a little belief, not expect the world but belief that we can compete to an adequate standard and we may be pleasantly surprised.

Our record for the last two seasons, excluding the cup matches is 2 draws at the Den, and 2 Loses at the City Ground. So E.R. with the prediction is only following the trend and recent form, as Millwall is one of our bogey sides, losing more than winning in recent times. Overall record is 21 Wins , 20 Draws and 24 Losses.

Our record for the last two seasons, excluding the cup matches is 2 draws at the Den, and 2 Loses at the City Ground. So E.R. with the prediction is only following the trend and recent form, as Millwall is one of our bogey sides, losing more than winning in recent times. Overall record is 21 Wins , 20 Draws and 24 Losses.

5 pound double on Millwall and Derby pays 60 quid.

Add Boro and it pays 480 quid 😳

I just think they will come to out muscle us in the middle, be physical against a young side and get a win. Blimey the happy clappers are out in force aren't they. It is as if these fuckers never stayed up on goal difference at all 🙄

Edited by E R