Sign in to follow this  
H-Block

Champions League

He would change my opinion of him if he were to go to a club with no money to spend, managed the available players at that club & then won a league title but that scenario will never happen because he's a chequebook manager, just like Guardiola and will only be interested in working at a club with vast fortunes available to him.

You mean like at Porto Deano?

Different types of managers do well at different types of clubs. Guardiola would probably be hopeless at Burnley and likewise Dyche at City.

Seeing as Clough has been hinted at - he did fantastically well at 2 provincial clubs with low expectations and players only noddingly acquainted with success, meaning that they were largely prepared to buy into his methods. When he tried to transfer that to Leeds who, at the time, were arguably the best team in the country, packed with internationals whod won trophies he fell flat on his face.

Edited by Danny

That's your opinion but I disagree with that. Porto aside, he's always had huge amounts of money to buy success. He would change my opinion of him if he were to go to a club with no money to spend, managed the available players at that club & then won a league title but that scenario will never happen because he's a chequebook manager, just like Guardiola and will only be interested in working at a club with vast fortunes available to him. Ask yourself this, if Jose was at West Brom would they be top four or would they be bottom three? Think we both know the answer to that & I know for a fact that if he was at Forest we'd be no nearer the play offs than we are now.

The Greatest managers in history take a mid table second tier club to European Cup victory within five years... Anyone?

He spent nothing at Porto and Inter, the two clubs he won the Champions League with.

He spent nothing at Porto and Inter, the two clubs he won the Champions League with.

£27million spent whilst at Porto, £130million spent whilst at Inter. That is very far from Nothing.

I see Cloughie has been mentioned too...of course nobody on here would doubt his genius but not all of our players were bargain basement...

£27million spent whilst at Porto, £130million spent whilst at Inter. That is very far from Nothing.

He had a net spend at Porto of +£5m so he actually made money there and at Inter he had a net spend of -£39m which to put in to context during his time there Inter werent in the top ten spending clubs in the world.

Yes I agree Clough is the best manager of all time but by your rational is he also a fraud as when we won the European Cup we had the worlds most expensive player plus Englands most expensive goalkeeper.

He had a net spend at Porto of +£5m so he actually made money there and at Inter he had a net spend of -£39m which to put in to context during his time there Inter werent in the top ten spending clubs in the world.

Yes I agree Clough is the best manager of all time but by your rational is he also a fraud as when we won the European Cup we had the worlds most expensive player plus Englands most expensive goalkeeper.

Cloughie didn't have Francis for the promotion season of 76/77, the title winning season of 77/78 or for most of 78/79 season in fact, wasn't his first Forest match the European cup final of 79? We might've even won that final without Francis as we did in 1980 against arguably a better team & Shilton wasn't signed til a month or so into the 77/78 season so, no, it's totally different to what Jose has done.

It's your opinion of course if you wanna rate Chequebook manager Jose up with Clough in the managerial stakes but he'll never be close unless he manages to emulate what Clougie did but he won't, nobody will, I'm very confident of that.

Edited by JohnReese

So, there's two English clubs and three Spanish clubs in the last eight, and surprise surprise, English teams drawn against each other, and all 3 Spanish teams avoid each other.

What a fix.

Would it undermine the 'fix' at all if I pointed out Spanish teams have been drawn together in the quarter finals in three of the last four seasons while English clubs haven't met at this stage in seven years? :D

Liverpool fans showing their class again tonight by smashing the opposition bus.

Fucking Mickeys are the scum of the earth ... They'll say it was Man U fans in disguise . :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Pep Guardiola states the behaviour is not Liverpool, I would say it was pretty typical behaviour of Liverpool... not that's it's their fault, mind. Maybe the police were to blame?

The scouse cunts are going to win this, aren't they?

No they aren't. Let's be positive, nobody wants them to win it (Man City was their final) so they won't... Hopefully.

Glad they beat City though, didn't want the Chequebook King getting more undeserved praise.

Liverpool fans pictured outside the stadium holding hammers, bricks, crowbars and other objects. The trouble was Roma fans fault though. Bless them, attacked by Man Citys team bus and then Roma fans got in the way of their bricks!

Liverpool fans in playing the victim shocker

It looks like they're in the final. Here's hoping for a Bayern or Madrid masterclass

Wot no discussion of the biggest game in European football? You know, tonight? The small matter of Liverpool and Real Madrid doing battle for the Champions League trophy?

I've a feeling Liverpool are going to do the business, as others have observed they just seem a good cup team. Besides, Real are due a defeat in one of these.

As I came into Forest long after the glory years I don't feel the enmity many seem to against Liverpool, they seem a good natured bunch to me and I wish them well.

Anyone remember Banbell? He was a Forest lad for domestic games but used to watch Liverpool in Europe, wonder if he's at the game?