I like our ground and would like us to stay there. Marinakis could just blow the houses up at the Bridgford end if they're problematic to building a new main stand.

In all seriousness what would those house cost? £4-5m? Surely that would cheaper an moving the whole stadium.

Failing that, what about turning it around slightly.

As much as we need a new stadium, I think it's in the right part of town

Edited by leather

Given improvements to the academy doesn't effect FFP, it would be nice to see us move to category 1 status. Their training facility for Olympiacos is pretty incredible.

Is there much point building a new stand on the current land if we don't own it? As much as i'd like to stay there.

Is there much point building a new stand on the current land if we don't own it? As much as i'd like to stay there.

I'm not so sure that's the problem we might think it is. Yes they could plan to sell, but who would buy it. They've talked for years about wanting the basin area developed ( as well as at the top of London road,) but there just don't seem to be any takers. Look how long that small plot of land where the petrol station used to be opposite the cricket ground has been undeveloped.

I think the council would be shooting themselves in the foot to get too arsey over this.

I'm not so sure that's the problem we might think it is. Yes they could plan to sell, but who would buy it. They've talked for years about wanting the basin area developed ( as well as at the top of London road,) but there just don't seem to be any takers. Look how long that small plot of land where the petrol station used to be opposite the cricket ground has been undeveloped.

I think the council would be shooting themselves in the foot to get too arsey over this.

Haven't we got something like 90 years left on our current lease ????. Given that fact I'd suggest that developing the ground is a no brainer ....

In all seriousness what would those house cost? £4-5m? Surely that would cheaper an moving the whole stadium.

Failing that, what about turning it around slightly.

As much as we need a new stadium, I think it's in the right part of town

Yeah that's what Villa did when they wanted to redevelop one of their stands. They bought the houses and flattened them.

Vaughan confirmed with a 1 year extension. Good business if he can stay fit

That would have been a 4 year deal under the manchild.

If the council are struggling to get people to renovate that part of town, it makes sense to try and buy the land the stadium sits on from the council if possible.

Then the owners can expand & build other revenue streams at the complex as they see fit.

You'd suspect it would need transport links expanding directly into the area from the city but doing it piecemeal isn't the best financial option.

So if Im reading this correctly he has to give the club away despite the fact he hasnt actually been found guilty or even tried for anything.

Who does he give it to?

So if Im reading this correctly he has to give the club away despite the fact he hasnt actually been found guilty or even tried for anything.

Who does he give it to?

It's just a temporary transfer of shares pending his exhoneration / acquittal of these match fixing charges. These are the same charges that UEFA have already investigated and found him to be innocent .. they are politically motivated by rival club owners trying to discredit / destabilise Olympiakos .. Furthermore, Marinakis is a noted critic of the current Greek government so there's political intrigue also ..

Bet you it doesnt stick.

It won't !!! . This is purely a politically motivated conspiracy designed to implicate Marinakis ..... There is no evidence to link him to the drugs haul whatsoever . His lawyers will have a field day in defending him ..

It won't !!! . This is purely a politically motivated conspiracy designed to implicate Marinakis ..... There is no evidence to link him to the drugs haul whatsoever . His lawyers will have a field day in defending him ..

How do you know this?

I've been reading up on it. The original case was ran by the DEA and resulted in a report that never as much as mentioned Marinakis. Greek corruption at its finest.

How do you know this?

See Caz's post .. This is an attempt at a complete stitch up in line with the finest Greek traditions ....

See Caz's post .. This is an attempt at a complete stitch up in line with the finest Greek traditions ....

I've met Mr Kominakis, Ioannis Vrentzos and Marinakis son.

To say there is an air of the Sopranos about them would be an understatement but EM has a plethora of legitimate business interests so I doubt this story.

Slimeball Alan Hardy retweeted the article about Marinakis on twitter. really hope we don't send County anymore of our youngsters.

Slimeball Alan Hardy retweeted the article about Marinakis on twitter. really hope we don't send County anymore of our youngsters.

Agreed . The man's a complete cnut and lower than a snakes belly in a wheel rut ... Will those fucktards over the river ever show a little grace and appreciation ..