#1 colin

colin

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,400 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:35 AM

for Forest as we enter a new era ?.

Personally , I'd be pleased to see a competent professional structure of management with genuine plans for improvement of the stadium .(  replacement of the Peter Taylor stand as a priority ) . 

I believe that Mark Warburton and his staff will give us a competitive team playing attractive football .. Perhaps a top 10 finish would suffice but I think the owners might aspire to higher ambitions ....

Wherever possible we should utilise the rich vein of talent coming through our academy and not be tempted to sell them to the vultures in the Prem ..

Our commercial operations should be given a thorough overhaul to maximise the opportunities that have long been neglected ..

There is a forgotten , nay almost forbidden word , which means more to me than any other . That word is ENGLAND

Sir Winston Churchill .

#2 stoddy

stoddy

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:31 AM

I don't know , it's all Greek to me!!!!

Sorry but I just had to be the first one to say that ....... bring on the changes ..... whatever they may be .... Warburtons RED ARMY !!!!

#3 nottmred

nottmred

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 13,594 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:52 AM

I would snap your hand off for a top 10 finish next season. I hope the new owners will be patient with Warburton. As long as we are making progress, it's important that he stays and they let him build. Don't want another O'Driscoll situation.

Posted Image Posted Image

#4 David

David

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:04 AM

Everything I've read about him shows he is competent  of running a big club, so he should be fine with us. 

We don?t talk about love we only want to get drunk
And we are not allowed to spend
As we are told that this is the end

#5 Ben

Ben

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:09 AM

for Forest as we enter a new era ?.

Personally , I'd be pleased to see a competent professional structure of management with genuine plans for improvement of the stadium .(  replacement of the Peter Taylor stand as a priority ) . 

I believe that Mark Warburton and his staff will give us a competitive team playing attractive football .. Perhaps a top 10 finish would suffice but I think the owners might aspire to higher ambitions ....

Wherever possible we should utilise the rich vein of talent coming through our academy and not be tempted to sell them to the vultures in the Prem ..

Our commercial operations should be given a thorough overhaul to maximise the opportunities that have long been neglected ..

Fawaz having second thoughts apparently

#6 David

David

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:22 AM

Fawaz having second thoughts apparently

Some will believe that 

#7 Caz

Caz

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:23 AM

Deal to be confirmed today.
We're back and we're coming for ya.

#8 Dane B

Dane B

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • 16,583 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:33 AM

This club has been in a downward spiral since the day Doughty brought into the club for £12m and insisted on that twat Platt becoming the manager. That was June 99, and we fans have suffered the complete incompetence of two different owners for 18 years now.  I've just turned 58, and our last Prem fixture was a week after my 40th. I was beginning to think that I would never see Forest in the Prem again in my lifetime. I'm hoping the Greeks can change that.

After 18 years of pure shit, both on and off the field, we fans deserve a change of fortune. Please God, let this fat fucking Bubble deliver.

I LOVE GOLF, I LOVE MY WIFE, AND I ENJOY DOING BOTH.

#9 Charlie Cheswick

Charlie Cheswick

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:21 PM

This club has been in a downward spiral since the day Doughty brought into the club for £12m and insisted on that twat Platt becoming the manager. That was June 99, and we fans have suffered the complete incompetence of two different owners for 18 years now.  I've just turned 58, and our last Prem fixture was a week after my 40th. I was beginning to think that I would never see Forest in the Prem again in my lifetime. I'm hoping the Greeks can change that.

After 18 years of pure shit, both on and off the field, we fans deserve a change of fortune. Please God, let this fat fucking Bubble deliver.

It goes back a bit further than that to when the owners before flogged off Cambell and Cooper after we got promoted and PVH went on strike. 

#10 Dane B

Dane B

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • 16,583 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:02 PM

It goes back a bit further than that to when the owners before flogged off Cambell and Cooper after we got promoted and PVH went on strike. 

But at least we were in and out of the Prem at that time Chaz. Under Doughty and Fawaz we have had the shittiest of times........even 3 seasons in division 3.

I LOVE GOLF, I LOVE MY WIFE, AND I ENJOY DOING BOTH.

#11 David

David

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:52 PM

May 18 – The long expected sale of Nottingham Forest has been completed with NF Football Investments (NFFI), headed by Olympiacos owner Evangelos Marinakis, taking 100% control.

The shares were bought from the Kuwaiti Al-Hasawi family and although no figue was announced for the deal estimates put the final sales figure at about £50 million.

Marinkakis is joined on the NFFI board by fellow Greek businessman Sokratis Kominakis, also a former chairman of Olympiacos. Nicholas Randall, QC, will chair the club while Ioannis Vrentzos, who has been CEO of Olympiacos since 2010, will become CEO at Forest.

“Our intention is to keep Nottingham Forest thoroughly embedded in English football culture,” said Marinakis.

“What we have achieved in national and European football with Olympiacos FC, we want to duplicate with Nottingham Forest. Forest is one of England’s oldest Clubs and one with a proud history of national and international excellence. Our objective is to bring back the glory days. We are football people to the core and we love and know the game,” he continued.

“We want to rekindle Forest’s past success and we are committed to the Club for the long term. What the Club needs is a solid and time-tested management, a professional Board, and above all, the best possible football management and players.”

Samantha Gordon will stay on at the club as chief financial officer while David Cook joins as chief commercial officer from Etihad Airways where he was Senior Sponsorship Manager.

Marinakis also praised the team for avoiding relegation from the Championship and gave his support to manager Mark Warburton saying: “We will provide Mark and his team with the time and support necessary to rebuild the team and create the conditions for success. In this regard I am pleased to confirm that we have agreed a contract extension for Frank McParland as Sport Director.”

The club’s is to launch two initiatives this summer to widen inclusiveness for fans. The first is the formation of an Advisory Council made up of members of Nottingham’s higher education institutions, the second is the Nottingham Forest Youth Council, whose chair will be represent the views and aspirations of Nottingham’s youth to the Nottingham Forest Board.

Nottingham Forest is one of England’s best known clubs having had their most successful period was under the management of Brian Clough between 1975 and 1993, winning the League in 1978 and back to back European Cups in the two years after.

Forest joined the Football League in 1892 and have mostly competed in the top two League tiers, bar five seasons in the third tier. They were relegated from the Premier League in 1999 and have struggled under various owners to return.

#12 GupiRed2

GupiRed2

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:57 PM

Very promising start, exactly what has been needed at this club for years.

#13 Danny

Danny

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 5,074 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:03 PM

Words are cheap. I'll wait to see how this summer pans out before getting excited.
When I say "Go!", you say "Weeble!".

"Go!"...

#14 darcy

darcy

Forest Hero

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:04 PM

spot on

#15 colin

colin

Forest Legend

• Root Admin
  • 9,400 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:05 PM

Words are cheap. I'll wait to see how this summer pans out before getting excited.

Danny , I genuinely believe these guys are different gravy ... Just look at the management team they're recruiting . :thumbsup_still:

There is a forgotten , nay almost forbidden word , which means more to me than any other . That word is ENGLAND

Sir Winston Churchill .

#16 darcy

darcy

Forest Hero

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:06 PM

Sky sources have stressed Marinakis has been helping to finance the club in recent weeks, and was also part of the decision to appoint Mark Warburton as manager.

#17 David

David

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:22 PM

Yes, these guys seem to have experience of running a club, rather than just being a figurehead. 

#18 Caz

Caz

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

Time will tell. Impressed with the team he has put in place as it appears to have the required knowledge and experience to run a business.

#19 Caz

Caz

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

David Cook;

Business Development Manager
Celtic F.C. Limited

Sales and Marketing Manager
Eternity Football

Business Development Manager
Everton Football Club

A320 Captain
Indigo Airlines

Global Human Resources Centre of Expertise Head Asia Pacific Africa Cluster

Nokia Corporation

#20 Charlie Cheswick

Charlie Cheswick

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:28 PM

We've needed a business development manager since 1978. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users