Caz

2017 squad talk

He's no slouch, having transfered for fees in excess of 8m. He only signed for Espanyol last season on a three year deal but has played second fiddle to Diego López.

Played in Spain at all up to U21 level and champions league. Sounds like he has good experience.

I wouldn't mind Ruddy or Bunn fro Villa. I liked the look of both of them and they're both out of contract I think.

Three clubs interested in Stojkovic, so he'll likely be on his way soon.

Perquis also told to report to U23 squad and rumoured to be receiving a payoff.

That OUT list is looking even better.

Three clubs interested in Stojkovic, so he'll likely be on his way soon.

Perquis also told to report to U23 squad and rumoured to be receiving a payoff.

That OUT list is looking even better.

Yes , and I think there might well be a couple of others on their bikes soon ...

The concern now is Eric Lichaj, as the Club have already extended his contract to June 2018. Warburton has already passed the captaincy to Cohen, and if he re-signs Bidwell is this an indication that his services are unwanted, especially as he plays as a left back and former captain of Brentford? Eric Lichaj for the last couple of seasons been one of our most consistent senior player, and with his family permanently moving nearby it would be a boost to him and the club if a deal could be finalised quickly.

Was waiting for that comment! Eirc Lichaj prefers Right Back, but with his versatility played on the opposite wing due to injuries or switching sides where tactically appropriate. The reason for highlighting and making the original post was questioning whether Warburton has plans for the player, whatever the position or if he will be made captain again with Cohen signing an extension.

Wasn't Cohen always captain?

Since 2013.

Lichaj, Mills and Lansbury have all deputised in his absence.

So when Chris Cohen was injured, which players took the Captains armband? (Already answered by Caz). Also how many games for the past few seasons has Lichaj played on the left side to accommodate other players, tactics or due to injury? Quite a few, the issue is that when he plays on the left side, he's more defensively minded. In his natural position he roams further up the pitch, and especially under Warburton attack minded tactics. The problem is that originally, Warburton didn't have the services of Eric Lichaj initially due to a minor groin injury, so subsequently had to prove his credentials to the new manager.

So when Chris Cohen was injured, which players took the Captains armband? (Already answered by Caz). Also how many games for the past few seasons has Lichaj played on the left side to accommodate other players, tactics or due to injury? Quite a few, the issue is that when he plays on the left side, he's more defensively minded. In his natural position he roams further up the pitch, and especially under Warburton attack minded tactics. The problem is that originally, Warburton didn't have the services of Eric Lichaj initially due to a minor groin injury, so subsequently had to prove his credentials to the new manager.

Stop digging son you've had an east end docker

I like Lichaj however if Warbuton brought someone in who he felt was better then so be it. He isn't that good. Scares me more if he likes Fox

And some might say that's no bad thing. I still reckon a sure footed centre half followed by a midfield dynamo. But I defer all my trust to MW.