157 replies to this topic

#141 Random Task

Random Task

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:15 AM

I went to Orlando for the last few weeks of October and it was much better than in the middle of Summer. Temperatures were mid to high 20's so hot but not unbearable and there were far far less people. I planned a couple of days at Universal to go on all the rides expecting to be queuing loads and we managed them all (both parks) in 1 day, same for Disney, queuing was right down especially if you used fast pass wisely. Plus it meant we were there for Halloween which is always better for the kids in the US (except for the shitness of there sweets and choccy of course), Disney do a good one for the kids and Universal do adult Halloween nights that are fucking crap yourself scary.

You're right about the food in the parks but in restaurants it sounds like you might have been a bit "British". We tend to just get what were given here but over there you just tell the waiter/waitress exactly what you want and how you want it and they'll, generally, make it for you like that. They want the big tips so will bend over backwards for you mostly.

Who throws a shoe. Honestly!

#142 i.k.s

i.k.s

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,764 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:35 AM

We're off up North in a while, York for two days, then across country to Chester and Liverpool for Wednesday and Thursday. Bought visitor passes for all yorks attractions and Chester zoo, going to Liverpool museums too. Driving on the correct side of the road, proper beer, curries, no language barrier...im proper looking forward to it 😊. On the other hand hyacinths looked out the window, its drizzling and her mates are in Lanzarote. She's got a right face on. 🤣

#143 the_saurus

the_saurus

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:27 AM

Just did a stint in Dubrovnik. 29 degrees in September, miss all the school kids and summer rush. Amazing place. Def going there again.

Although very pricey :(

Edited by the_saurus, 25 September 2017 - 06:22 PM.

Posted Image

#144 the_saurus

the_saurus

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:28 AM

We're off up North in a while, York for two days, then across country to Chester and Liverpool for Wednesday and Thursday. Bought visitor passes for all yorks attractions and Chester zoo, going to Liverpool museums too. Driving on the correct side of the road, proper beer, curries, no language barrier...im proper looking forward to it . On the other hand hyacinths looked out the window, its drizzling and her mates are in Lanzarote. She's got a right face on.

Good stuff. Uk is Amazing place, some of the best Country side in the world imo.
Posted Image

#145 Inca

Inca

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:57 PM

Good stuff. Uk is Amazing place, some of the best Country side in the world imo.

It has your correct, but. Not long ago, I priced up a 3 day/2 night stay in Bath. In the end we went to Greece B&B for a week which was a lot cheaper.

#146 Danny

Danny

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:20 PM

It has your correct, but. Not long ago, I priced up a 3 day/2 night stay in Bath. In the end we went to Greece B&B for a week which was a lot cheaper.

I'm with you. England is great but the weather can't be relied upon and it's so much more expensive than going abroad.

No more holidays for me until January when I'm clearing off to Australia for 3 weeks for our delayed honeymoon. Not looking forward to it as I hate flying and am worried I'll get murdered by any one of the dozens of killer animals out there. Be nice to forget about work for a good chunk of time though.
When I say "Go!", you say "Weeble!".

"Go!"...

#147 Ben

Ben

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:29 PM

Jusy did a stink in Dubrovnik. 

Special needs

#148 Charlie Cheswick

Charlie Cheswick

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 5,836 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

:lol: :lol:

#149 bestwood_red!

bestwood_red!

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:20 PM

I'm with you. England is great but the weather can't be relied upon and it's so much more expensive than going abroad.

No more holidays for me until January when I'm clearing off to Australia for 3 weeks for our delayed honeymoon. Not looking forward to it as I hate flying and am worried I'll get murdered by any one of the dozens of killer animals out there. Be nice to forget about work for a good chunk of time though.

My mates there at the minute and said he saw a flying snake. I didn't believe him but googled it and they are real, they don't fly but they can fall out of trees quite gracefully. Also sent me a picture of a huntsman spider that looked bigger than my cat. Apart from that though he's loving it. Been there three months and said he doesn't want to come home.

#150 Inca

Inca

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:16 PM

Once in a life time mate. Enjoy.

#151 i.k.s

i.k.s

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 6,764 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:48 PM

Just shelled out £13.75 for one and a half pints of brew dog jackhammer. 😐

#152 legs_akimbo

legs_akimbo

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

Checking out best deals for Berlin, my favourite city, cheap as chips uber clean, safe, and some brilliant eating and drinking places. Not been for a couple of years so hope the aforementioned still applies. Bitterly cold though in November December time.
Even thinking of doing next years summer holidays there and around Germany. I like the look of the mega indoor water park between Berlin and Dresden. Kids want Disney but to me that would be hell on earth. Did euro Disney at Christmas a few years back, I can't abide rude fuckers and queue jumpers, and we (well me) couldn't even get on a bus without having a row with someone over their manners....justified on my part of course
Your Bullets can not harm me ...My wings are like a shield of steel

#153 i.k.s

i.k.s

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 6,764 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:45 PM

We had a great time. Did about 12 museums and Chester zoo. (and the set of Emmerdale. 😐)

#154 i.k.s

i.k.s

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 6,764 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:47 PM

Took advantage of British airways 24 hour sale a couple of weeks back and booked ourselves a week in Verona in February for £120 each return.

#155 Lvivska

Lvivska

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 8,457 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:02 PM

Just did a stint in Dubrovnik. 29 degrees in September, miss all the school kids and summer rush. Amazing place. Def going there again.

Although very pricey :(

pint of ale is about two and a half quid , 

Savchenko is free.

#156 i.k.s

i.k.s

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 6,764 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

On the subject of jollies, I have just crossed the threshold of ultimate cuntdom & purchased a Merc Vito, no rust, 132,000 miles with some service history, with the intention of doing it up into a day van, with a couple of cupboards, a cooker, mini fridge & folding bed. Kill me now.

#157 E R

E R

The Greatest President in history

• Subscribers
  • 5,534 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:48 AM

What is a Day van do you sleep in it?

#158 leather

leather

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:15 AM

What is a Day van do you sleep in it?

It's like regular van with conversions but not a full blown motor home / camper van. You can sleep in it if you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users