#121 Lvivska

Lvivska

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,453 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

How hot are we talking?

I'm off there on 11th September and not a fan of massive heat. Will do Sorrento and Pompeii whilst there too.

I am there for a day round about then . I f I see anyone with a shaven arse I will say A up. 

Savchenko is free.

#122 nottmred

nottmred

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 13,637 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:27 PM

I am there for a day round about then . I f I see anyone with a shaven arse I will say A up. 

I'll try not to have it on show, you know what these Italians are like.

Posted Image Posted Image

#123 Ben

Ben

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:09 PM

Logged into the wrong account there Bummer

#124 Danny

Danny

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:13 PM

Logged into the wrong account there Bummer

Always had my suspicions it was Lviv. Pleased to have it confirmed.
When I say "Go!", you say "Weeble!".

"Go!"...

#125 Savo

Savo

First Team Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:01 PM

How hot are we talking?

I'm off there on 11th September and not a fan of massive heat. Will do Sorrento and Pompeii whilst there too.

Should cool down a little bit by then. It was roughly 35/36C today. Walking round Sorrento and Positano was debilitating. Amazing places though. We've just had to keep breaking it up with stops in air-conditioned shops and cafes.

The situation is what it is Natalie.

#126 nottmred

nottmred

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 13,637 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

Should cool down a little bit by then. It was roughly 35/36C today. Walking round Sorrento and Positano was debilitating. Amazing places though. We've just had to keep breaking it up with stops in air-conditioned shops and cafes.

Christ, I wouldn't be able to handle that heat. Not so bad sat on a beach but when you're walking about exploring not so good.

#127 David

David

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:36 PM

How hot are we talking?

It got pretty hot in Pompeii a few years ago. 

We don?t talk about love we only want to get drunk
And we are not allowed to spend
As we are told that this is the end

#128 E R

E R

The Greatest President in history

• Subscribers
  • 5,213 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:29 AM

About 4 days into my Orlando holidays and I must say Americans are the rudest cunts on earth. If you walk into a shop and hold a door open they walk through but then don't take the weight of the door off you and just ignore it. They will never let you out in a car.

Also the waitresses and waiters - you have to tip the cunts 20% and some of them are fucking terrible. Last night the bird brought our food over and said she would get some cutlery. After 5 minutes I loooked up and she was talking to her mate. I signalled and mouthed cutlery and she riolled her eyes went out the back to the kitchen where she waited for another 5 minutes and then came back and plonked the knives and forks on the table with a face like a smacked arse.

Needless to say the scabby tattooed **** perked up when she brought the bill up and got her tip

It is neigh on impossible to eat healthy food here. Some places literally have no option of healthy food. Everything is fried, covered in cheese or covered in sauce. I ordered meatball pasta the other day and even that had about half a pound of cheddar melted over the top of it

I have had two rows about que jumping at the parks although that seems more to be blacks or hispanics (not racist just an observation) as they just barge in and no one says a word. A couple of days ago the kids wanted to go to a place called Chuck E Cheese which is basically a games arcade that sells pizza. Anyway when you play the games you get these tickets which can be exchanged for small prizes. You need about 500 for a toy car. Anyway someone comes out as the character a mouse and was throwing handfuls of tickets out for the kids. I shit you not two African American women were basically fighting on the floor with kids for them and Stuffing them down their bras. Me and my missus were watching open mouthed. I swear they were snatching them off of 5 year old kids and for what a car that probably costs about a dollar. They were frenzied like savages at a food donation point except this was for a fucking hot wheels 🙄

#129 Savo

Savo

First Team Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:11 AM

They must be up there with Italians then.

At the airport after a week and the rudeness is unbelievable. They dont seem to do thank you or please. If there is any kind of queue it is literally every man for himself. Missus got shirty the other day after this Italian woman tried to jump in front of us in a ticket queue.

Nobody will let you out into a busy road. You would actually be waiting hours if the traffic is bad enough. I was sat in a metro station the other day and an older Italian bloke sat next to me on a bench. For once it was dead quiet until the **** got his phone out and played solataire on the highest volume setting. You just wouldn't do it here out of courtesy. I don't give a shit what your culture is you must be able to appreciate if something you're doing is annoying to those around you.

Italians must be the loudest nationality on earth too. Everything is a few decibels louder than back home, from the way they speak (shout) to each other to the way they use car horns to even little things like train doors and tannoys which are absolutely deafening.

I know we are ridiculous at times with our constant need to apologise for even shit we haven't done and our flat out refusal to display extremes of emotion publicly but I'd rather that than the way these lot are. I'm a reasonably well-travelled person too and we are very much in the minority when it comes to courtesy and manners.

Edited by Savo, 15 August 2017 - 11:13 AM.

#130 nottmred

nottmred

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 13,637 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:14 AM

About 4 days into my Orlando holidays and I must say Americans are the rudest cunts on earth. I

I'll second that. When I was in Verona in March we were having a bite to eat outside this little restaurant on one of the piazzas. On the table next to us were some loudmouth Americans. The poor waitress was waiting for one of them to order. She decided she needed to use the toilet immediately and will order afterwards despite everyone else in her party ordering. She said "That's ok, she can wait. It's her job to wait for us" right in front of her. Absolute ****.

Edited by nottmred, 15 August 2017 - 11:15 AM.

#131 nottmred

nottmred

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 13,637 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:17 AM

They must be up there with Italians then.

At the airport after a week and the rudeness is unbelievable. They dont seem to do thank you or please. If there is any kind of queue it is literally every man for himself. Missus got shirty the other day after this Italian woman tried to jump in front of us in a ticket queue.

Nobody will let you out into a busy road. You would actually be waiting hours if the traffic is bad enough. I was sat in a metro station the other day and an older Italian bloke sat next to me on a bench. For once it was dead quiet until the **** got his phone out and played solataire on the highest volume setting. You just wouldn't do it here out of courtesy. I don't give a shit what your culture is you must be able to appreciate if something you're doing is annoying to those around you.

Italians must be the loudest nationality on earth too. Everything is a few decibels louder than back home, from the way they speak (shout) to each other to the way they use car horns to even little things like train doors and tannoys which are absolutely deafening.

I know we are ridiculous at times with our constant need to apologise for even shit we haven't done and our flat out refusal to display extremes of emotion publicly but I'd rather that than the way these lot are. I'm a reasonably well-travelled person too and we are very much in the minority when it comes to courtesy and manners.

I hate the non-queing. It does my head in. I was at the main station in Verona trying to buy tickets to go to Venice for the day. It was a free for all at the ticket machine with no queue whatsoever. Once people had got their tickets they didn't even move out the way but instead continued to stand right in front of the machine :arrowhead:

#132 Savo

Savo

First Team Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:20 AM

Naples isn't massively touristy so there are several aspects tho the city I.e. the public transport which are really confusing and there just seems to be no order anywhere

#133 Inca

Inca

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

I once had to drive in Milan. (for work) If you are at traffic lights, the moment they turn amber they all start honking their horns. Some guy pulled up along side me and started mouthing off. I just gave him the wanker sign and he looked at me opened mouthed!

Was in Palermo working and we were in this hired driver/limo car in a car park with one other car in it. The twat still managed to reverse into this other car!!!

#134 Danny

Danny

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:58 PM

Russians are by far the worst I've encountered. One slap headed **** had lost his room key and the receptionist was explaining it was 50 lira for a new card. That's about a tenner, give or take. Now keep in mind this was a 5* hotel so not a cheap place but the nob was going on as if she'd asked him for a million quid. 'I no pay. Why should I?' I'd have let the **** sleep outside if it were up to me but eventually the poor cow gave in, probably just to get a little peace and quiet.
When I say "Go!", you say "Weeble!".

"Go!"...

#135 Charlie Cheswick

Charlie Cheswick

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 5,594 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:05 PM

Russians are pretty bad alright.  My father in law lived in Moscow for about twenty years meaning we went there.  I got told off for saying thank you, apparently if you're Russian you only say thank you if someone has done something amazing, not just bought you a drink or summat.  As for their driving, the roads in Moscow are about six lanes wide in each direction but if each lane is taken at a set of red lights, someone will drive onto the pavement too.  Then you've got to bribe a copper on every journey you go on just to get from a to b.  Russia's interesting but I can't say I like it.

Italians are a mixed bag, I found around Naples people are just wanting to fleece you of anything you've got which gets grating very quickly.  They're generally better from the middle upwards. 

I think it's only people from here that queue.  Even in Ireland they don't bother. 

Edited by Charlie Cheswick, 15 August 2017 - 05:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users