i.k.s

Jollies this year...

I must say I have never fancied camping. I bought a touring caravan a couple of years ago and get away in that quite a bit and the kids love it

I must say I have never fancied camping. I bought a touring caravan a couple of years ago and get away in that quite a bit and the kids love it

I never did either but we spent money on a decent tent and bought proper air mattresses as some friends asked us last minute. The kids loved it and there's something about drinking/cooking outside in the great outdoors. It won't replace our "normal" villa holidays etc but it's nice to just sack off Friday afternoons at the drop of the hat and pitch up for a couple of nights. I have however been spoilt given this is one of the best summers in years. Give me some rain and the tent will be in the nearest wheelie bin.

I couldn't be arsed with towing a caravan!

I bought a VW campervan a couple of months ago so this summer we will be focusing most of our holidays around that. On Friday we head off for a 2 week camping trip which starts with a 3 day VW festival near Cheltenham.

Got anything in the pipeline for this year chaps? 

Planning ten days in the states end of April flying to Orlando then on to memphis.  

Lads jolly in France end of may. 

Got start of August booked for the annual burn to a crisp fortnight somewhere 

Mates wedding in Cyprus in August. Going for 5 days and then flying to Santorini. Then ferry to Athens and eventually get to Istanbul via train then fly home. Should be about 3 weeks in total. 

Also going to Seville next month which I'm looking forward to.

Only thing booked in so far is this walk I’m doing in April. 191 miles from one side of the country to another. Dreading it. 

Looking at going away sometime in June/July with a couple of mates but not sure where. Barcelona seems to be the favoured destination. I’ve been a few times before so not all that excited for it but should still be a good laugh.