Sign in to follow this  
HucknallRed

What's wrong with the UK?

1 hour ago, Lvivska said:

You was always stirring the shit. funny though.  Crack on here now is as soon as we get a nutter Mods jump on the cunt and we dont get to play the fucker. 

You was no angel either especially with poor ol Marlon 😂

Great times though and so so funny. I remember certain threads going on and I would be checking my phone every 10 minutes to see if someone had added another reply 👍

Can remember the old days on the old Official forum until it got shut down. Kooba, Bulk, Birmingham Red, Walshey, Ade, Hannah :lol: , Tel, Az etc. 

It was like what this place would be if it had about 4000 members posting constantly - not quite as no holds barred as TRFF but pretty close to the bone most of the time. Great days.

It's a scary thought but I joined it in Autumn 2002 and have been active on at least one Forest forum ever since. 16 years of posting about Forest on the internet...perhaps I need to evaluate my life :lol: a lot has changed in that time in my life that's for sure. Although depressingly not much has changed at Forest.

Edited by Savo

On 11/4/2018 at 7:42 AM, Savo said:

Can remember the old days on the old Official forum until it got shut down. Kooba, Bulk, Birmingham Red, Walshey, Ade, Hannah :lol: , Tel, Az etc. 

It was like what this place would be if it had about 4000 members posting constantly - not quite as no holds barred as TRFF but pretty close to the bone most of the time. Great days.

It's a scary thought but I joined it in Autumn 2002 and have been active on at least one Forest forum ever since. 16 years of posting about Forest on the internet...perhaps I need to evaluate my life :lol: a lot has changed in that time in my life that's for sure. Although depressingly not much has changed at Forest.

Try going to see your team live once in a while.

I can give you directions to the ground if you wish.....

3 hours ago, Inca said:

Try going to see your team live once in a while.

I can give you directions to the ground if you wish.....

Living 350 miles away from the city ground might be a slight barrier but thanks for the offer petal x

To be honest even if I lived on Radcliffe Road I still wouldn't pay my hard earned to watch Karanka-ball. It's bad enough on Sky or streaming it.

Edited by Savo
  • Upvote 1

BBC going off on one cos some dopey twerps made a model of Grenfell towers & put it on top of a bonfire. P.S. Not laughing at the Grenfell fire, just the BBC.

😂

Edited by i.k.s

1 hour ago, Mr Smith said:

The disproportionate amount of coverage that women's football gets on the BBC. 

Definitely. And women's cricket on Sky. I'll be amazed if any regular football/Cricket watcher watches it. 

This will make me look sexist probably but it annoys me how it seems now BBC and Sky both feel they have to have female pundits. Alex Scott and Ennie Aluko are everywhere now offering their insight and there's now female commentators for cricket on both Test Match special and Sky's coverage. They seem to always be ethnic minorities too so I suppose it fulfills two quotas now. 

My point is that it's forced positive discrimination.

6 hours ago, Savo said:

Definitely. And women's cricket on Sky. I'll be amazed if any regular football/Cricket watcher watches it. 

This will make me look sexist probably but it annoys me how it seems now BBC and Sky both feel they have to have female pundits. Alex Scott and Ennie Aluko are everywhere now offering their insight and there's now female commentators for cricket on both Test Match special and Sky's coverage. They seem to always be ethnic minorities too so I suppose it fulfills two quotas now. 

There's probably some law or other on it. 

I'm going to raise my Student Finance to Student Finance and housing.  Plus that super expensive railway thing where the money could have been spent in literally any other way and it would have been better used.  It takes a massive effort and a lot of corruption to get those things as wrong as the powers that be have.

I haven't got anything against having greater equality and all that but if our leaders paid half as much attention to sorting the shitty things in the country out that they've deliberately fucked up as they do with box ticking we'd all be a lot better off, minorities and women included.

6 hours ago, Savo said:

I totally agree with you Savo .  Jobs should not be allocated on the basis of gender , race , religion or creed but on the best qualified for the job . .  Sadly in the PC society today common sense does not exist in decision making ... Shame .

2 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Plus that super expensive railway thing where the money could have been spent in literally any other way and it would have been better used.  It takes a massive effort and a lot of corruption to get those things as wrong as the powers that be have.

That will be a huge white elephant if we’re talking about HS2. Not sure why it’s going to Toton. Any quicker time it creates is going to pale into insignificance in the time wasted trying to get there from Derby or Nottingham, not to mention when there will be more stations than planned along the route as each MP starts sticking their hooter in.

if go near Euston station it’s amazing how many buildings have been taken over by them. Can’t work that out as they’re not knocking them down.

10 minutes ago, leather said:

That will be a huge white elephant if we’re talking about HS2. Not sure why it’s going to Toton. Any quicker time it creates is going to pale into insignificance in the time wasted trying to get there from Derby or Nottingham, not to mention when there will be more stations than planned along the route as each MP starts sticking their hooter in.

if go near Euston station it’s amazing how many buildings have been taken over by them. Can’t work that out as they’re not knocking them down.

I honestly can't understand why they're bothering at all.  Considering that we're a small country, the costs involved and those compared to shortfalls in other areas.

I find it amazing anyone would criticise the presence of a couple of women in football coverage, after 60 years of exclusively male coverage populated almost entirely by smug and lazy dullards and halfwits. I thought Scott and particularly Aluko were both excellent at the World Cup - head and shoulders above most of the male 'experts'. What I liked best was the fact they'd clearly done research on the teams involved. Such a contrast to the usual 'analysis' we get. It's not long ago we had Hansen and Savage openly laughing at the very idea of even knowing any of the Slovenia players' names.

Football puditry, on the bbc in particular, is such a closed shop old chums together environment that any woman who gets through is going to have be twice as good as a man needs to be. The standard is appallingly low so any women coming in can only raise the overall level.  Hopefully the days when you could just turn up knowing absolutely nothing about the very thing you're going on television to talk about and just wing it because you played a few games for Liverpool 30 years ago are coming to an end..........

• Upvote 4

The absolute fuss over Corbyn’s coat. Fucking hell fire. Of all the things to criticise the bloke about , this isn’t one of them. 

• Upvote 1

Criticising someone’s attire is always a low blow for me. As long as he didn’t turn up in a clown outfit or dressed like a Nazi who gives a fuck. I was much more offended war crimjnal Blair was there than Corbyn wearing a coat. 

• Upvote 1

The thing is, I did think he looked less smart than the other politicians in attendance, but then he could hardly claim to represent people who rely on foodbanks if he turned up wearing a six grand cashmere coat. Seems he can't really win.

Talking of Remembrance Sunday, I watched the ceremony at the Cenotaph, observed the two minute silence and later in the day raised my glass to the memory of the fallen. I then settled down to watch German Bundesliga football in the afternoon, followed by the all Argentine Copa Libertadores final in the evening. Juxtaposition?

Edited by H-Block

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/tfl-tube-strike-fury-at-grinch-christmas-walkout-over-driver-sacked-for-failing-three-drugs-tests-a3998201.html%3famp

RMT are the fucking scum of the earth - 3 tests the cunt had all which came back positive and still they are striking 

As I have said before - the day driverless tubes come in I will piss in any tin can one of those cunts rattles near me when they are all sacked and laugh at any picket lines. They are going to cost the economy millions when they strike because some fuckng driver can’t leave the hash pipe alone 🤬. No thought for the lives he endangered then?

mind you what do you expect from that lefty wife beating cunt Steve Hedley 

this is lefty Steve complaining about Tommy Robinson

This is Steve showing his softer side 

And finally this is Steve after talking at an anti-Tommy Robinson rally 😂

Edited by E R

News shows that keep bringing that half wit Owen Jones on. It’s like he was inspired by Rik Mayall in the Young Ones

I’m 32 in a few days. It doesn’t feel that old but then every now and then I read about something like that and realise that I don’t have a fuck what goes on these days. 

Has anyone been watching Skint Britain - friends without benefits? It is focusing on universal credit in Hartlepool. You just cannot believe people live like this in the modern age

one bloke on there goes over the fields with his dog to try and catch rabbits to eat. He caught one and was fuckjng over the mood - he was walking along going “they all starving and I a bunnied up” 😂

Honest though some parts are sad. Some of the people clearly have learning difficulties and they just fine them for not completing certain tasks