Sign in to follow this  
HucknallRed

What's wrong with the UK?

I'm pretty sure they think that humans don't feel pain either but I'd argue it takes a certain level of vicious bastard to vote this way.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-government-vote-animal-sentience-cant-feel-pain-eu-withdrawal-bill-anti-science-tory-mps-a8065161.html

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

I'm pretty sure they think that humans don't feel pain either but I'd argue it takes a certain level of vicious bastard to vote this way.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-government-vote-animal-sentience-cant-feel-pain-eu-withdrawal-bill-anti-science-tory-mps-a8065161.html

Don't talk fucking daft. We introduced animal welfare to the EU 20 years ago ffs!! Those scummy cunts still let the dagoes stab bulls!! Jesus your anti tory stance is pathetic at times.

Don't talk fucking daft. We introduced animal welfare to the EU 20 years ago ffs!! Those scummy cunts still let the dagoes stab bulls!! Jesus your anti tory stance is pathetic at times.

Did you bother to look at the article before you started ranting?

Or did you just get cross 'cause it said summat about the EU?

Forget about the EU stuff, it's just so your team can go killing again for fun.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

Did you bother to look at the article before you started ranting?

Or did you just get cross 'cause it said summat about the EU?

Forget about the EU stuff, it's just so your team can go killing again for fun.

Of course I bloody looked at it!

I also looked further, as I simply couldn't believe even for one minute you'd be that stupid to think that any MP thought that animals don't feel pain.

So if for one minute you could unscrew your gaze from every left wing rag you seem to swear by, have a read of this, it's from the governments own uk animal welfare act 2006.

''1

Animals to which the Act applies

(1)In this Act, except subsections (4) and (5), “animal” means a vertebrate other than man.

(2)Nothing in this Act applies to an animal while it is in its foetal or embryonic form.

(3)The appropriate national authority may by regulations for all or any of the purposes of this Act—

(a)extend the definition of “animal” so as to include invertebrates of any description;

(make provision in lieu of subsection (2) as respects any invertebrates included in the definition of “animal”;

©amend subsection (2) to extend the application of this Act to an animal from such earlier stage of its development as may be specified in the regulations.

(4)The power under subsection (3)(a) or © may only be exercised if the appropriate national authority is satisfied, on the basis of scientific evidence, that animals of the kind concerned are capable of experiencing pain or suffering.

(5)In this section, “vertebrate” means any animal of the Sub-phylum Vertebrata of the Phylum Chordata and “invertebrate” means any animal not of that Sub-phylum''

So what it's saying is that unless the animal is at an early stage of development/embryonic, that animals of the kind concerned are capable of experiencing pain or suffering. Also under the UK animal welfare act, you can be prosecuted, imprisoned and banned from keeping animals if found guilty of cruelty to foxes and other wild animals. However, under the useless Hunting act, introduced by labour in 2005, practically sod all has been done, under labour or the Tories, to prosecute hunts.

Nothing more to see here.

Edited by i.k.s

Two blokes have a fight in a train station and the busiesf retail street in the world gets evacuated. Shows how jumpy and scared we are as a nation.

Hardly surprising given the way the media hype everything up so much these days.

there was only a small amount of snow yesterday in Epping yet they shut the tube station more or less all day

country falls apart at the smallest amount in London and the home counties anyway

Actually had a nice day wanki.....I mean working from home :cool04:

We got an email this morning saying we were under no obligation to come in. Our road is covered with snow with no cars even attempting to drive. My missus is off today too but we had a barney last night so I walked 3 miles in a near blizzard to the train station in order to get to work.

We got an email this morning saying we were under no obligation to come in. Our road is covered with snow with no cars even attempting to drive. My missus is off today too but we had a barney last night so I walked 3 miles in a near blizzard to the train station in order to get to work.

But you could have walked to the pub?

But you could have walked to the pub?

I was there til chucking our time last night so had a bit of a sore head. Finishing work early anyway so off to the pub now!

This country is obsessed with the weather, even though aside from a couple of days of heavy snow and two weeks a year when it's very hot, it's not worth mentioning. Look at how many times across the tv channels there's 'The Weather' even though the weather is basically the same every day and when something worth mentioning happens it's all over the actual news anyway.

I don't know why this programme exists anymore, if the weather is that important to you look it up online. Never in my life have I thought 'ooh I must know what the weather will be like later' - "It's 16 degrees here", "chance of showers there", "it might get a bit warmer later" blah blah blah Who gives a shit? If it gets colder I'll put a coat on.

They usually get it wrong anyway too ha ha.

to true, the weather man came on during the news and said it was going to be a warm sunny day, I looked out the window and it was raining, apparently it's a mental disorder .

The absolute twats who take great pleasure in proudly boasting that "St George wasn't even English!". Who honestly gives a fuck? Thanks for letting me know, we all feel really stupid now 🙄

he probably never killed a dragon either

Saint Andrew wasn't scotch and it is probable that Saint Patrick was English so there we are

All a load of bollocks anyway

Edited by E R

I hate this big clamour about St George's Day and how we should have a holiday to celebrate Englishness; I don't think there is anything more English than not giving a shit and getting on with life. I couldn't even tell you when St George's Day is.