Sign in to follow this  
HucknallRed

What's wrong with the UK?

The Irish are begrudges by nature.

Funny you say that, my mate who I used to DJ with in Ireland once said 'this is a horrible begrudging town of horrible begrudging people'. I thought it was just Waterford. To be fair when I had a shop in Wexford I found the people there to be the nicest as a group that I've encountered.

Like Daz though, I think our problem starts with the shitbags at the top.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

And Daz is clearly on the button.

Every turn is for the betterment of the self serving elite.

TakeGrenfel, something I was reading about this weekend and as the true reasoning behind the catastrophe unfolds it all points back to the elite ruling classes manipulating perfectly functioning entities that safeguard society in general simply so that a few can further benefit in some small financial manner (in the context of the great scheme of things) I was quite astonished at some of the contributing factors that are emerging and can only fathom that what happened was allowed for a certain few to cash in via relaxation of laws that safeguard us all, but amended make it far easier to turn a few quid if you already have a few quid

Talking of self serving elite. Proofs all there when the bastards chase after the little fella who's swerved the odd tax payment or done a bit of graft while signing on. But if you've got a few hundred million a blind eye is turned to salting millions away offshore.

I noticed how dirty Nottingham was this weekend, grime and muck weeds and litter everywhere. It's time people were made to work for their handouts in the UK, a few extra quid on their benefits and get them out cleaning up the streets and parks, cutting the grass on sports pitches and painting up rundown areas of the city. Maybe I ne er noticed it when I lived in Nottingham but for all the money being spent on new buildings going up all over three times as many are being allowed to delapidate all for want of a bit of man power, and there's thousands there to help out.

Twenty quid says you wont fucking do it but you want some other poor fucker on the bones of his arse to do it. If there is a job cleaning up the streets then pay the proper wage and conditions . The reason tthe streets are fucking filthy is because of council cut backs because fuckers like you want low taxes and cheap housing rates. have a think before you spout bollocks

Talking of self serving elite. Proofs all there when the bastards chase after the little fella who's swerved the odd tax payment or done a bit of graft while signing on. But if you've got a few hundred million a blind eye is turned to salting millions away offshore.

You get more like a commie everyday I knew you would start coming round to my way of thinking. https://join.labour.org.uk/?source=membershipQApage

I went to see Ricky Gervais tonight in Hammersmith. Honestly money does ruin them. He went on about Caitlin Jenna for 20 minutes (some American who had his cock loped off in case you like me dont know who he is) and he did 50 minutes in total.

A few weeks back I went to see Micky Flanagan at the O2 and he made jokes about the old east end but is off the mark now and started on about how much dough he now has when people were not laughing (as did Ricky tonight)

It is either a short lived gig doing stand up where you can relate to the man in the street until you earn a few quid or the new world humour is shit.

All Gervais jokes about is cancer and babies dying

It was the same when I saw Book of Mormon a few months back. Middle class Cunts laughing at what they think is edgy humour but it is such wank it is terrible. One main joke in that is an African repeating he has maggots in his scrotum about 4 times throughout and this Prius driving shit breath next to me was howling.

I love Gervais sitcoms but if you get the chance to see his DVD this Christmas have a pipe and see if it is just me that all he has is shit American jokes and the end joke about his brother and the coppers hat at the encore would be classed as shit if your mate told it in the pub on a Saturday

Edited by E R

I went to see Ricky Gervais tonight in Hammersmith. Honestly money does ruin them. He went on about Caitlin Jenna for 20 minutes (some American who had his cock loped off in case you like me dont know who he is) and he did 50 minutes in total.

A few weeks back I went to see Micky Flanagan at the O2 and he made jokes about the old east end but is off the mark now and started on about how much dough he now has when people were not laughing (as did Ricky tonight)

It is either a short lived gig doing stand up where you can relate to the man in the street until you earn a few quid or the new world humour is shit.

All Gervais jokes about is cancer and babies dying

It was the same when I saw Book of Mormon a few months back. Middle class Cunts laughing at what they think is edgy humour but it is such wank it is terrible. One main joke in that is an African repeating he has maggots in his scrotum about 4 times throughout and this Prius driving shit breath next to me was howling.

I love Gervais sitcoms but if you get the chance to see his DVD this Christmas have a pipe and see if it is just me that all he has is shit American jokes and the end joke about his brother and the coppers hat at the encore would be classed as shit if your mate told it in the pub on a Saturday

I've never really been in to Gervais' stand up stuff to be honest. Like you say though, his sitcoms are absolutely brilliant. The Office has some of the greatest moments in British comedy.

Agree, brilliant sitcom writer but his shows aren't worth bothering with. I'm not into South Park so I wouldn't bother with the Book of Mormon either. I think most 'comedy' is a bit shit. I like about one in ten things on stuff like Live at the Apollo - e.g. Tom Stade & Rich Hall, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Jim Jefferies out of stuff going about at the minute.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

Agree, brilliant sitcom writer but his shows aren't worth bothering with. I'm not into South Park so I wouldn't bother with the Book of Mormon either. I think most 'comedy' is a bit shit. I like about one in ten things on stuff like Live at the Apollo - e.g. Tom Stade & Rich Hall, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Jim Jefferies out of stuff going about at the minute.

Kevin Bridges has to be my favourite at the moment.

I've always liked Lee Mack too. I remember ER saying how good he was too ;)

Kevin Bridges has to be my favourite at the moment.

I've always liked Lee Mack too. I remember ER saying how good he was too ;)

Yeah Kevin Bridges is OK, I can't remember seeing Lee Mack outside of panel shows

Never thought I would see the words Preston and Palestine in the same sentence.

Except maybe, "Palestine is a far more attractive place to live than Preston".

Tom Stade is a must see as is Rhod Gilbert - Saw Henning Wein the other week who was also very good, although his accent and the he pronounces words make him additionally comical!

Yeah Henning hosted a dinner I was at a few months back and was hilarious

You get more like a commie everyday I knew you would start coming round to my way of thinking. https://join.labour.org.uk/?source=membershipQApage

I got better things to spend me dough on ta..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ian-lavery-mp-num-trade-union-overpaid-labour-party-chairman-mineworkers-northumberland-a8010591.html

How do you invest that badly that even with a £4600000000 handout you still end up down? I reckon if you gave 46000 rats a million quid each, liner their cages with the financial times and invested that million on whatever company they piss on first, it would have taken them more than nine years to lose all that money.

Austerity. Turns out the Tories have likely killed 120,000 with their disgusting economic and social experiment. Tory scum.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/tory-austerity-deaths-study-report-people-die-social-care-government-policy-a8057306.html

Not checked the papers but I'm sure this will be plastered all over the Daily Mail.

The "economic murder" is a bit of an odd comment from the bloke the newspapers are quoting as an author. He seems to be one of ten and has maybe gone a bit off piste with this. That might not be surprising given that he was a signatory to a letter earlier on this year saying Labour and Corbyn's plan was viable.

The report itself talks about them being additional deaths, but points out that they cannot confirm causation of one to the other nor can they say they were avoidable deaths.

There's lots wrong with the system. It does needs reform. Slashing budgets isn't smart but chucking money at it is equally daft. The problem is as a system it wants to carry on as it is and it's no longer an option. The longer they put this off the worse the consequences will be. It will run itself onto the rocks.

Edited by leather

The system is fucked because cuts come at the bottom, meanwhile the cunts who hoard everything just stash it offshore. It gets to a point with people where you have to ask, why are they hoarding money that they couldn't spend in a thousand lifetimes? What's the goal? What's the aim of rigging the system in their favour? It is unsustainable, mostly because the greater inequality you get greater problems with your society. The Tories are obviously aiming to make us like the US. Thankfully we won't have to guns to go with all the crazies that will go with it.