Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Cheswick

Next England Manager

Not too fussed about the draw. I'd rather we drew 0-0 whilst trying to build something long-term than play Rooney, win 1-0 and scrape our way around again.

Lingard doesn't seem much of a player, does he? Does anyone think that if he wasn't at Manchester United that he'd get a look in? Whilst Antonio is limited at least he adds a bit of dynamism and unpredictability. Plus he's got an eye for a goal too, being the leading English goal scorer this season with 5 in a poor West Ham side. Surely he was worth a run out to try and break the opposition down.

Of course he wouldn't get a look in if he wasn't at United. It's pretty much compulsory now that if you're young and English and play more than two games in a row for a top four club you're straight in - Jones, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gibbs, Chambers, Jenkinson, Flanagan, Kelly, Livermore, Mason.

Well, that's another of those tedious breaks over with. Should be able to get in four or five games before the next one. I find it amazing that 80,000 went to watch the England game. I really like football and I don't even bother to watch that on the television. Eighty thousand people! To watch that crap! Amazing.

Listening to David Pleat droning away on the radio about the England team and he said the FA should be taking advice from ex-people. That's 'ex-people' - English football is now so desperate we should be turning to ghosts for help :confused02:

They should be looking at how well teams do who play to a system rather than just having 11 players running about. Germans and Italians have done it for years, Spanish same now, even the likes of Iceland have managed to twig it.

They should be looking at how well teams do who play to a system rather than just having 11 players running about. Germans and Italians have done it for years, Spanish same now, even the likes of Iceland have managed to twig it.

Trouble is Chaz systems require players who can show some brains and not shit their pants when they have a ball at their feet. I find these things in depressingly short supply over here.

I have to admit I stopped giving a shit about England quite a while ago which is something me and the players seem to have in common. I tried to rouse my interest during the Euros but what a mistake that was.

Zzzzzzz. Tell you what, its only the rigged seeding system that allows us to qualify and for the players to not get more stick and pathetically justify their ludicrous salaries. Stick a Spain, Italy or ze germans in one of our groups and we wouldn't qualify for a half time cup of tea.

I don't know how the hell have England manage to keep their first seed status. They've been terrible at every tournament for years and even failed to qualify for that one under McClaren yet somehow have wangled an easy group yet again while the likes of Italy and Portugal have ended up as second seeds. Most odd.

Edited by Art Vandelay

What an amazing tactic by Southgate, making everyone else think that England are bunch of useless fucks, sneaking points in the last few minutes. We're going to win the cup!

What an amazing tactic by Southgate, making everyone else think that England are bunch of useless fucks, sneaking points in the last few minutes. We're going to win the cup!

As use, didn't give it one second of my time. I refuse to sit in front of the telly watching that crap, bored stiff, game after game after game in the vain hope I might be entertained once every ten years.

We're shite but I love the World Cup so am always pleased to see England qualify.

On a related note, Harry Kane is a hell of a goalscorer. We'd be fucked if he's injured.

Edited by Danny

Haven't watched England play a game bar in a tournament for probably nigh on 4 years now. Just shit isn't it?

Edited by nottmred

It was awful. Truly awful. Feel bad for the fans who travel down to Wembley from all corners of the country and pay good money.

the team is representative of the FA that has a stat that something like 80% of them are over 60 i.e. none of them are in touch with the man in the street hence the stadium being half empty for a big world cup qualifier last night

stuffy old cunts who appoint yes men who have hired shit yes men managers time after time as they have again with that shit **** Southgate

I don't watch England football and couldn't care if they never won the world cup again until it has been over hauled from the top down

As use, didn't give it one second of my time. I refuse to sit in front of the telly watching that crap, bored stiff, game after game after game in the vain hope I might be entertained once every ten years.

This.

the team is representative of the FA that has a stat that something like 80% of them are over 60 i.e. none of them are in touch with the man in the street hence the stadium being half empty for a big world cup qualifier last night

stuffy old cunts who appoint yes men who have hired shit yes men managers time after time as they have again with that shit **** Southgate

I don't watch England football and couldn't care if they never won the world cup again until it has been over hauled from the top down

And that's been true as long as I can remember going back to Greenwood getting the job over Clough in the late 70s. Stuffy old cunts die and are replaced at the FA by the next generation of stuffy old cunts making the same horrendous decisions regarding the manager. Ongoing cycle.

Edited by A new man

This new UEFA nations league looks complicated, will have to re-read the details, but if it gets rid of meaningless friendlies, i guess it's a good thing.

I was having a look at the World Cup qualifying from the different regions (I like to know exactly how everything works in case I need to correct DaneB in the future) and it was interesting to see the best sides in non-European regions get a bye to the later stages. While the likes of Germany and Spain have to close their league for a fortnight so they can play against San Marino or Liechtenstein, the no-hopers in Africa and Asia have to play a round before they get through to the proper qualifying group. I assume some uefa/fifa bods must be making money from the current tedious set up but it's still a bit strange that Europe doesn't do this.

It could be worse I suppose as South America are still persisting with that single massive group. Something for UEFA to consider for the future maybe.....

Had a look at the odds. England are 7th favourites :lol:

(I like to know exactly how everything works in case I need to correct DaneB in the future)

Glad to hear I'm making you work Art. It looks like the weaker African teams have to play two qualifying games before they qualify for the group stages.

I do agree with you though old boy. Oceania, a play off between Honduras and Australia. Europe, a play off between Sweden and Italy.

Even the 5th team in the South American group get an easy play off against an Oceania team

That whole Oceania group is a bit of farce really, they should just merge it with Asia. Although I see Australia have somehow managed to sneak off into the Asian groups on their own :hmmph: