Danish Red

Villa v Forest

but when everyone is back to fitness I'd expect him on the bench.

When was the last time everyone was back to fitness? He'll most likely be long retired by the time that happens!

When was the last time everyone was back to fitness? He'll most likely be long retired by the time that happens!

Good point but you would expect that Window Lica and Nicolai will be before Osborn and they should just require match sharpness.

As Osborn aside, one thing we now lack after selling Burke is pace. We no longer stretch the game and take pressure off the defence.

Osborn tries to make things happen. Doesn't always come off but he did more in midfield than Carayol did. I think he's one of the more technically gifted players we have and gets an unwarranted amount of shit off of the fans. You watch how much closing down and running off the ball he does. More than our combined midfield.

He draws criticism because he's not a winger being played wide. Yes he works hard and is a neat midfielder but we have plenty of players better than him and real wingers. I'm not saying he's shit but He's not better than Lansbury or kasami.

Comparisons between him and carayol aren't really worth much, he's not had time with new team mates and did he get much game time at boro? Reserve judgement on Carayol but point still stands, don't sign wingers to have "hard working neat" central midfielders playing wide doesn't make any sense.

I don't think you need two out and out wingers. Having him out wide gives us variety.

Probably not, but in my opinion I don't rate him out wide. I don't think he's a wide midfielder either, I'd much prefer Cohen there. Probably not as technically as good but more power and a better cross.

If your not fast and skilful Forest fans won't like you. He's more consistent than Lansbury and apart from fouling I haven't seen anything from Kasami that we didn't have before.

Not asking for both.

This is the point someone made above, because he's a local lad I think people cut him a lot of slack. Everyone's welcome to their opinion but I think he's massively inconsistent. I do admire the way he always wants the ball he's not my cup of tea as a player and I feel he's over rated.

As for the fast and skilful thing having one of those helps on the wing, Grant Holt on the wing?

I just don't feel that when he has the ball that anything's going to happen. I don't think he's helped by playing in a position where he's expected to create. He just isn't that type of player.

He needs to be part of a middle 3 where one is the creator (Lansbury), one is your every-blade-of-grass type (Osborn) and one is your ball-winner (Kasami).

For every one thing Osborn gets right he does three things wrong. He's weak and get's muscled off the ball in what is a very physical league.

Only defence for him is I dont think he is being played in his best position... but when everyone is back to fitness I'd expect him on the bench.

I agree with this. Technically sound but he's not quite good enough to justify a place in first eleven. That was my feeling last season...promises lots but doesn't deliver enough.

If your not fast and skilful Forest fans won't like you. He's more consistent than Lansbury and apart from fouling I haven't seen anything from Kasami that we didn't have before.

Kasami was very poor against Villa.

Im a fan of Osborn but he isn't a winger, especially on the right when he is so left footed. Didn't have his best game but when on the left he does alright and looks threatening when coming central. Would love to see him given a run in the middle because I think he is very classy, great passing ability and able to drift past players with the ball. Unfortunately I dont think he will be given that opportunity but he is far from shit.