Photo

Fawaz - does he have any fans who still believe in him?

• Please log in to reply
550 replies to this topic

#1 E R

E R

The Greatest President in history

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:01 AM

His latest bollocks - he now says his loan has actually grown in the last month despite no evidence of any spending and the 13 million sale of Burke

"We have brought two wingers to the club along with a striker; we have brought three players in and we have worked to renew contracts with key players. If we need any more signings in January, we can do that,"

If we do need any more signings in January, we can do one or two. If we are in a good position and need a push, we can buy more players. If we have a chance of the top six in January, we can buy two players to give us a boost.

"We will give the manager full support, if he needs it. All the money from the sale of Oliver Burke will go back into the club, whatever happens.

"It is for the club. I have not taken any money out. The investment is currently £112m now.

"We told the manager he could buy or loan players, we just asked him to tell us who he wanted to target. These are the players he and Pedro (Pereira) wanted to bring in.

"I am not the one who has picked these players. They are the players the manager has picked with no interference."

We are working together to look at players, they decide between them and then bring the players to me. The manager picks them. We have signed 11 players this summer. The manager will tell you who has picked the players. We hope they are good signings."

"We will be out of embargo permanently now, because of the sale of Burke. That issue has gone for us now. The finances are covered," he said. "We are on top of the finances. There are rules and we do not want to breach them.

"The fans do not want us to sell players, they just want to see us buy. I understand that. But we can be positive with the players we have. The environment we have here is a good one; the players are really happy.

"The spirit is very high at the club. We want to be together with the fans. We have sorted out the FFP. If we beat Aston Villa in the next game, we will probably be in the top six. We will only get stronger.

"I am not looking to take the £13m and put it in my pocket. I care about the club; I feel like this is my club. I want to do something for this club. My dream has always been to make this club a success and I still want to make that happen. This is my ambition still."

"We will give Britt a new contract, he is staying with us. And we want to give Henri Lansbury a new contract as well,"

"He (Assombalonga) will have two years extra. He has three years left on his current deal, if you include this season. So he will have another two years on top of that. We want to make him happy. And we will do the same with Henri Lansbury. We want to give him a longer term contract and make sure they both stop at our club.

"We hope the fans will see we are not messing around, when we get these contracts signed.

"And the players we have signed will give the manager plenty of options. We feel they are good signings. We believe the signings we have brought in are good and we hope the fans will give them an opportunity to show what they can do. We have to back the team and back the manager."

Edited by E R, 01 September 2016 - 04:02 AM.

#2 E R

E R

• Subscribers
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:11 AM

Sorry I should clarify - 2 days ago in the Post he said

"I have invested £106m since I took over the club, it is not my plan to take this money and run away."

Yesterday he said

"It is for the club. I have not taken any money out. The investment is currently £112m now. "

Complete fantasist

#3 bearder2006

bearder2006

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:49 AM

Let's hope brit don't get any injuries

#4 E R

E R

• Subscribers
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:25 AM

I just fail to beleive he has said to the manager and DOF - right we have say ten million left of the Burke money after the new deals for Britt and Lansbury - go and find a few players

And these are what they came back with!

Freebies, bad records, not regularly playing for any club - basically players you need to take a massive chance with

Just shows you are never to be too old to be taken for a ride and i just thought he was naive at times but have firmly switched over to the fawaz out party in the last few days

how can he have had 13 million from Burke and still say he has had to add six million of his own cash in the last few days

#5 Thommo

Thommo

sidelined by injury

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:38 AM

Sonething is rotten with our finances, are we still not running at a £20m loss per season? If this is the case I can see why he's kept the money. What I can't see is how we lose so much money every year.

#6 pawilliams

pawilliams

Trialist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:45 AM

The first line about the loan growing is the same line Doughty used year on year!
I presume that is running costs and interest. Fees for players are paid on the drip, I doubt any money has come into Forest from Burke sale yet!
Stop reading newsnow and all the other made up stories about fees and transfers, it's all cobblers.
The highest offer we received for Burke was taken, player, agent and owner would have all gone to Man U, Madrid or Barca, if the money was down.
The latest load of old cock is Lars transfer! a week ago we turned down £1.1 mill and this week he went on a free, of course we did, lmfao!! Who knows the truth!? But that certainly isn't it!!
As for Burkes transfer; 4 weeks ago he was worth £2 million approx, 4 weeks later we sell him for more than Jordan Rhodes, you couldn't make it up. I can't remember any player anywhere whose value rose so dramatically over 3 weeks. He was our best player but only for a fortnight!!
Ask yourself would you sell Jorge Grant on the 1st October for £13 million, I personally wouldn't sell Matty Cash for that because I think he's better than Burke.

#7 pawilliams

pawilliams

Trialist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:48 AM

As for Fawaz, we all know he's a liability but he did set us up with the Greek which judging by his appts of PM & PP, he is also a winner. It's not Fawaz fault that the FA have stopped him being in our camp.

#8 pawilliams

pawilliams

Trialist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:10 AM

Has anyone mentioned that OB has stated that he was aware of Leipzigs interest a week ago! Contradicting his previous statement.
Does anyone believe that he turned down Man U and Arsenal on his way to the German back water?
I have nothing against Ollie or his agent but Will have gone to the best offer available without any shadow of doubt, whether that be, size, status or finances of the club involved.
On sat/sun I went on the Man U forum and knowhere could I find OB mentioned. The line "Man U are watching" etc etc is a nonsense, that means some geezer from Basford is writing a side of A4 for a club in order to get a free ticket. Forest will have 2 dozen of these characters at games each week.

#9 Brummie_Red

Brummie_Red

Back-Up Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:20 AM

I just fail to beleive he has said to the manager and DOF - right we have say ten million left of the Burke money after the new deals for Britt and Lansbury - go and find a few players

And these are what they came back with!

Yeah, this is the bit for me.

If I was asked what players I wanted, the first thing I would ask is how much do I have to spend.  To which the answer probably was naff all.

I do not believe for one minute that those are the best three players that were available if we'd have had a half decent budget.

The only bright side out of any of this is that I really like Philippe Montanier and Pedro Pereira does seem to know what he's doing, so maybe they can work with these guys and make them stand out.

I always try and look on the bright side with Fawaz and his antics, but something really does stink here.  I.e. I don't think he has a pot to piss in or certainly not enough to sustain NFFC.  Though he could help himself by running the club properly.

#10 AndyNFFC

AndyNFFC

Back-Up Player

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:21 AM

The first line about the loan growing is the same line Doughty used year on year!
I presume that is running costs and interest. Fees for players are paid on the drip, I doubt any money has come into Forest from Burke sale yet!
Stop reading newsnow and all the other made up stories about fees and transfers, it's all cobblers.
The highest offer we received for Burke was taken, player, agent and owner would have all gone to Man U, Madrid or Barca, if the money was down.
The latest load of old cock is Lars transfer! a week ago we turned down £1.1 mill and this week he went on a free, of course we did, lmfao!! Who knows the truth!? But that certainly isn't it!!
As for Burkes transfer; 4 weeks ago he was worth £2 million approx, 4 weeks later we sell him for more than Jordan Rhodes, you couldn't make it up. I can't remember any player anywhere whose value rose so dramatically over 3 weeks. He was our best player but only for a fortnight!!
Ask yourself would you sell Jorge Grant on the 1st October for £13 million, I personally wouldn't sell Matty Cash for that because I think he's better than Burke.

We wouldn't get £1.3 million for Grant!

Matty Cash better than Burke? Do me a favour or have you been employed by Fawaz to appease Forest fans after his latest balls up?

Whatever he promised to pay you, he won't.

#11 AndyNFFC

AndyNFFC

Back-Up Player

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:26 AM

"If we are doing well and have a chance of top six in January we can buy more players!" LOL

No way we will be anywhere near that with the players we sold dross we signed this window and we all know Fawaz told PM to look round footballs Poundland for his Olly Burke replacement so he can state whatever he wants, even that a major big money signing will be made in January If...

We won't be near top six and Fatwaz knows it.

#12 leather

leather

Fringe Player

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:28 AM

Sonething is rotten with our finances, are we still not running at a £20m loss per season? If this is the case I can see why he's kept the money. What I can't see is how we lose so much money every year.

I've wondered about this for years. Not just here but with football clubs in general. These liabilities are bought by successful businessmen with no ties to the club with ever growing debts. Added to which it's never very transparent. There's a game being played here.

Even if I'm wrong and he's moaning about the money he's pumping into the club, maybe someone should point out to the grassy thing in the middle of the stadium and tell him if ran the club with success on that in mind, week in week out, all the red things facing it would be full of paying punters .

#13 Charlie Cheswick

Charlie Cheswick

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:40 AM

Old Fawaz up to his knees in propaganda again.  LIke he said, judge him on the actions up until Wednesday.  I've done that and they were shit.  So he comes up with his 1000 word essay which frankly I can't be arsed to read because I know it will be full of shit.  Do one Fawaz.

#14 bestwood_red!

bestwood_red!

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:49 AM

I've wondered about this for years. Not just here but with football clubs in general. These liabilities are bought by successful businessmen with no ties to the club with ever growing debts. Added to which it's never very transparent. There's a game being played here.

Even if I'm wrong and he's moaning about the money he's pumping into the club, maybe someone should point out to the grassy thing in the middle of the stadium and tell him if ran the club with success on that in mind, week in week out, all the red things facing it would be full of paying punters .

Said it for years that football clubs are ways for rich men to "lose" a lot of money. How many football club run it massive losses but never actually go bust? Nearly all of them post losses year upon year.

#15 Ben

Ben

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:01 AM

He contradicts himself. Last week the money would be re-invested back into the team, now he's come out and said the money will sure us up against FFP. Which one is it you over privileged sand-dweller?

#16 Charlie Cheswick

Charlie Cheswick

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:04 AM

Said it for years that football clubs are ways for rich men to "lose" a lot of money. How many football club run it massive losses but never actually go bust? Nearly all of them post losses year upon year.

As it stands that debt is all ours, not his.  He isn't losing anything, we are.

#17 nottmred

nottmred

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 13,703 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:09 AM

He contradicts himself. Last week the money would be re-invested back into the team, now he's come out and said the money will sure us up against FFP. Which one is it you over privileged sand-dweller?

My maths isn't the best but we've reinvested just over 2% of the £13m not taking in to account signing on and agents fees. Won't take in to account wages as there'll be a structure in place for that already (or at least I hope there is).

Posted Image Posted Image

#18 Charlie Cheswick

Charlie Cheswick

Forest Legend

• Subscribers
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:09 AM

Have a look at Fawaz's statement lads, how long do you think he took to put that together? 

That was posted five minutes after the deadline ended.

The bloke really is a massive devious ****.

#19 E R

E R

• Subscribers
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:29 AM

"We told the manager he could buy or loan players, we just asked him to tell us who he wanted to target. These are the players he and Pedro (Pereira) wanted to bring in.

"I am not the one who has picked these players. They are the players the manager has picked with no interference."

We are working together to look at players, they decide between them and then bring the players to me. The manager picks them. We have signed 11 players this summer. The manager will tell you who has picked the players. We hope they are good signings."

We'll I still doubt this seriously

The only plus is that people on here would have been doing their nut if we were signing the same ol faces and have been begging for European scouting for years so let's hope the manager can get the three new guys working

Onward and upwards regardless of Fawaz

Edited by E R, 01 September 2016 - 08:29 AM.

#20 Ben

Ben

Substitute

• Subscribers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:33 AM

My maths isn't the best but we've reinvested just over 2% of the £13m not taking in to account signing on and agents fees. Won't take in to account wages as there'll be a structure in place for that already (or at least I hope there is).

You have to include the money for Paterson and DeVries, plus the other salaries we've jettisoned. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users