Sign in to follow this  
the_saurus

Oliver burke is seriously good

Time will tell. One good season in the Prem and his value will rocket.

At that price I'm thinking not many prem scouts think he will develop. Strachan's not even been including him in the jock squad.

Shame really as the lad should have stayed.

No the 2 options at the time were £13m up front or £10m + 20% add on. We did better by getting the £13m up front

Well not really ... Fawaz ate the £13m if we had £10m and the add on we would be getting the add now?

Well not really ... Fawaz ate the £13m if we had £10m and the add on we would be getting the add now?

Sorry yeah so we missed out on £400k

Sorry yeah so we missed out on £400k

Its a small amount in today's game but in the context of keeping money out of Fawaz's hands its a large sum.

If the money from Oliver Burke was fundamental in ensuring the Club exited the transfer embargo and restrictions caused by the Financial Fair Play, then I've no qualms about the whole fiasco. Yes the club lost an invaluable asset to which myself and other complained initially about, and nearly got relegated as a result but most of the supporters understood the reasoning to the transfer. Consequently though we're in a completely different position from last season with a balanced side, no long term injuries except Henderson (touch wood) and a mixture of youth and experienced players that aren't dependent on one or two players to score. Like Southampton who were forced to sell each season their star asset to keep afloat, if it means that the manager can re-invest some of the money to strengthen the squad then this club is going forward, which hopefully mean promotion.

As I said at the time and as since has been proven, it looks a good decision by Fawaz to take the 13 million for a player who had about ten good games. Honestly he was direct but any half decent full back would suss him out in five minutes

Edited by E R

As I said at the time and as since has been proven, it looks a good decision by Fawaz to take the 13 million for a player who had about ten good games. Honestly he was direct but any half decent full back would suss him out in five minutes

Decision implies Fawaz had a choice, he had to sell to keep us going due his piss poor management.

Not necessarily. Bale direct strong and fast...works for him. My gut instinct is that he will turn out to be a fantastic player. Either way it was good business to sell...still fucked off about the way it happened though. Anyway..hopefully those days are behind us.

Decision implies Fawaz had a choice, he had to sell to keep us going due his piss poor management.

The problem wasn't that he was sold but he was sold at the last minute and replaced by Fawaz specials because he was a one man idiot running the show and so we had no coherent transfer policy to replace any outgoings, hence why we got worse with each year under him. Anyway, he's gone and good riddance the lying twat.