Sign in to follow this  
the_saurus

Oliver burke is seriously good

We really should keep hold of this prospect. If someone wants him, 15 million at least, if they wont pay, i think this lad could get us into the play offs if we tighten our defence.

Same problem as with Antonio - a tricky pacy goal scoring winger who could do the business in the prem.

I think we've got no chance of keeping him past January and we'll all be holding our breath as Tursday approaches.

The thing that really annoys me is how this is just another way the football 'system' fucks clubs outside the top tier. Any talent will inevitably migrate there due to the vast wealth gap and perks that come with it for the player.

John Stones' big money move was for more than ten times the money Barnsley got for him. Football League clubs can't even hold onto talent long enough to get themselves a promotion advantage or realise their full financial benefit.

We really should keep hold of this prospect. If someone wants him, 15 million at least, if they wont pay, i think this lad could get us into the play offs if we tighten our defence.

Was you there today Saurus?

Burke was shit for 90 mins, but redeemed himself with a goal deep into injury time.

Was you there today Saurus?

Burke was shit for 90 mins, but redeemed himself with a goal deep into injury time.

Was it you that did the Franz Carr thing? He might have been shit today for 90 mins..wasn't there so your word is good enough. That's class for me though...having a bad day and coming up with something like the last goal. Seen Ronaldo and co have bad days at the office and then do something brilliant. 10 million quid can't be wrong.

Was it you that did the Franz Carr thing? He might have been shit today for 90 mins..wasn't there so your word is good enough. That's class for me though...having a bad day and coming up with something like the last goal. Seen Ronaldo and co have bad days at the office and then do something brilliant. 10 million quid can't be wrong.

Wasn't me who did the Franz Carr comparison, but I do believe he is becoming a victim of his own success.

Leeds didn't give him a kick today mate, and he didn't know how to handle it.

Sure, his goal was quality, but his next steps are to learn how to play when he's marked out of the game.

For the record, I had this discussion with umpteen people after the game, and all of the same opinion, Burke was a non entity before the goal.

If you were a neutral looking at today's game, you'd have thought Lansbury or Cohen were the £10m players.

"I do not think that anyone will leave, beyond a few young players perhaps, who might go to League One or League Two to get some experience.

"Oliver Burke is a good player and an important player for us. It is important that he stays at Forest and I am confident that will happen.

"Yes, I have (had reassurances from chairman Fawaz Al Hasawi). I am confident he will stay. It is important that he does remain part of the squad

Wasn't me who did the Franz Carr comparison, but I do believe he is becoming a victim of his own success.

Sure, his goal was quality, but his next steps are to learn how to play when he's marked out of the game.

For the record, I had this discussion with umpteen people after the game, and all of the same opinion, Burke was a non entity before the goal.

If you were a neutral looking at today's game, you'd have thought Lansbury or Cohen were the £10m players.

Don't doubt anything you say about it. But they didn't mark him out completely..that goal was class. Good to hear that Cohen and Lansbury played well. Lansbury is a frustrating bastard....

Don't doubt anything you say about it. But they didn't mark him out completely..that goal was class. Good to hear that Cohen and Lansbury played well. Lansbury is a frustrating bastard....

I thought Lansbury was up for it today mate.

He is a frustrating fucker, and next match he'll probably be shit, but on his day, he's head and shoulders above anything we have.

Bayern Munich now showing an interest, says Pete O'Rourke.

If we are to sell, this is all good news. Rather than just one club taking a punt we can get a decent bidding war with a very good sell on.

You think it will be his last Savo?

I think we will have him til the end of the season. Wouldn't be surprised if we offer him a massive bonus to stay should we go up, then sell him if we don't.

The team seems to have a lot of confidence at the moment and I haven't seen their heads drop once, it's nice to have a bit of a buzz about the place.

THIS !!!!!

He's still raw and learning the game , with experience he will learn to manage his game time much better ..

The lad is playing, scoring and clearly enjoying his football. It would be a huge mistake to move to a big side now, to play under 21 football and the odd cup fixture.

He should stay for the season and raise the bar. Show them what he can do over the year and then take his pick of the lucrative offers that will come his way.

Edited by Caz

The lad is playing, scoring and clearly enjoying his football. It would be a huge mistake to move to a big side now, to play under 21 football and the odd cup fixture.

He should stay for the season and raise the bar. Show them what he can do over the year and then take his pick of the lucrative offers that will come his way.

If his agent has his long term career as his priority he will advise him to do exactly this !!! . A good season of progress will see him in great demand and he'll get a very lucrative move indeed .................

If his agent has his long term career as his priority he will advise him to do exactly this !!! . A good season of progress will see him in great demand and he'll get a very lucrative move indeed .................

Unless he gets injured and can't play again. Then he'll have been gutted that he didn't take a highly paid offer when it was on the table and get a huge pay off.

There's no right and wrong to this - it's a game at the end of the day and he has to look after himself first and foremost.

I'd love him to stay, obviously, but I just hope his agent is a Forest fan so we get to see him play for a bit longer!

This has been covered already BUT if you were 19 and offered say £30k a week right now (let's say for arguments sakes that's 6 times his current wage), on a 5 year deal for one of the biggest clubs in the country if not Europe? Would you accept it or chance it that this time next year you could be offered even more?