Sign in to follow this  
Art Vandelay

What Have You Been Watching?

Been getting into This Country on dvd. It's a mockumentary about two teenage underachievers living in a Cotswold village. Brutally funny at times.

Edited by H-Block

Yeah, I liked This Country :)

I've just finished watching the first series of The Wire. I've seen it before but it's well worth a rewatch. Recommended.

On 2/21/2019 at 3:21 PM, Art Vandelay said:

I've been watching Sally4Ever. Just finished episode 4 - that last scene was something you don't see in a tv sitcom very often đŸ’©

Also started This Country. I wasn't sure at first but it's growing on me.

Also watch 'Camping' and 'Hunderby'. Both also comedies from the sick mind of Julia Davis. 

Countryfile should be renamed Cuntryfile. "This week we look at the rise of the far right in rural areas". Just fuck off and show me some badger culling for fucks sake!

On 9/30/2019 at 11:56 PM, A new man said:

Also watch 'Camping' and 'Hunderby'. Both also comedies from the sick mind of Julia Davis. 

Already have :cool:

Recently watched Wu Assassins. It's a TV show that seems to take it's inspiration from a late 90's - early 00's Jackie Chan flick in that it has highly dodgy acting and plot, but great fight scenes and stunts. I liked it and hope they do a Season 2.

4th and final season of Mr Robot has been cracking. The latest episode ran for 49 minutes and had only 2 lines of dialogue, in the first minute Elliot is picked up by his sister who says "It's OK, we don't need to talk" (which makes sense following what happened last episode), then follows an absolutely breathless, thrilling episode ending with a bad guy kidnapping a woman and saying the line "It's time we talked". Genius episode, again written and directed by Sam Esmail (this bloke is winning at life - not only does he have several successful shows under his belt, loads of money, and can spill out cracking TV but he somehow managed to marry the super hot Emmy Rossum?). Anyway it was done so well that i didn't even realise that there was no dialogue :) Seriously, it wasn't until i happened to mention the episode to a buddy that he pointed it out.

Have also been watching See which is the big budget show that Apple+ TV are leading with. It's not bad, it's a world set in the future where humans wiped themselves out somehow except for a few million who were all blind. Then some kids are born with the ability to see... 3 episodes in it has been Ok so far, the problem is obviously the no sight thing. They do make a great job of letting you believe that certain things could be done without sight but occasionally you are just watching it and think that there is no way that could have been built or that could have been done without being able to see. Plus little stuff, like all their clothes are matching colours, their hair and makeup look great that sort of thing... I mean, they should all look a mess :) Still it's good enough so far to get past stuff like that.

I also am giving Watchmen a go, it's based in the world of the graphic novels but is telling a completely different story just set in that world. Again not bad so far, it's hard to tell where it is going after only 3 episodes but it's good so far, if confusing.

Just watched the first episode of this series of The Apprentice. I think they may be the most stupid/annoying group yet. I wonder if any of them have the self awareness to look around the bunch of halfwits, bluffers, and bullshitters who have come through the same selection process as them and be hit with the sudden terrible realisation 'Jesus, am I the same as these people?'

Probably not.....

• Haha 1

The Devil Next Door.

Thought provoking and I don't want to add mine in case anyone else watches it. 

Either way, I reckon he was there but not the exact guy.  Hence the recollections.  Enjoy despite...

Good solid first episode of Star Wars' The Mandalorian... errr not that i've watched it here in the UK with Disney+ not being available til March!

Bit late since it came out 18 months ago or something but i just watched Altered Carbon which i was really impressed with. Not many tv series/movies make me think "I must buy the books" but this series did. It's set in a future where the human conscious can be stored on removable "stacks" which can then be placed in another body once yours dies or, if you are rich, you get bored of it, leading effectively to immortality. At heart it's a murder mystery but really it deals a lot with what this new tech allows you to do and the morality that goes with it. Plus loads of tits.

Also watching Cobra Kai, am in to Season 2 at the moment. It's set in the present day 30 years after the events of the original 3 Karate Kid movies and follows Danny and Johnny as the latter brings back Cobra Kai (which was shut down after the events of Karate Kid 3). Great stuff, and a proper 80's nostaglia-fest :)

I've been coerced into watching a bit of Coronation Street recently. It's really bad. Really really bad, much worse than it used to be years ago. I had no idea it got this embarrassing. There are just so many things things that make no sense happening all the time, it's almost so bad it's quite enjoyable, but nobody can take this seriously can they? :unsure:

Edited by Art Vandelay

18 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

I've been coerced into watching a bit of Coronation Street recently. It's really bad. Really really bad, much worse than it used to be years ago. I had no idea it got this embarrassing. There are just so many things things that make no sense happening all the time, it's almost so bad it's quite enjoyable, but nobody can take this seriously can they? :unsure:

It was a guilty pleasure of mine for years..when mucky Deidre was playing a tune on Mike baldwins pipe was top scandal and most of the characters were ancient (Probably my age now). Fred Gee..Betty Turpin and her hot pots 👀..Annie Walker running the rovers like the queen of Sheba.. Bet Lynch.. Albert Tatlock and Ena Sharples in the snug moaning. Reg Holdsworth and Curly Watts. Ahhhhh, happy days. 

Edited by i.k.s

Tatlock and Sharples are before my time but I did sometimes watch it 20+ years ago just because my mum watched it. To be honest it was alright, it's so much worse now though. I was tempted to go into a bit of rant about everthing wrong with it but I'm guessing it wouldn't mean anything to anyone, or at least nobody would admit to it. Maybe later just to get it off my chest....

You can watch the Holdworth Watts era on Classic Coronation Street on itv3 (?) :cool2:

Just finished The Witcher on Netflix. Mixed feelings on it really. I can tell the fantasy world has potential, but the first season was all a bit of a confusing mess if you've never read the books or played the video game (which i haven't). A lot of characters and kingdoms appear or are mentioned as a important plot point, but then disregarded without explanation. I think season 2 will be better now that a lot of the stuff is sorted out. The problem is that they couldn't really decide what type of show to do. It seems like they decided they wanted an epic show with loads of political intrigue and backstabbing like Game of Thrones, but also wanted a intricate multi-layered story with twists you didn't see coming like Westworld, but also wanted the traditional American TV episodic monster of the week, all with a bunch of gratuitous blood and tits, and you can't fit all that in over just 8 episodes and make sense. Still, i didn't hate it, i just was watching it thinking how much better it could have been if they had just stuck to one, or even two, ways of storytelling.

The Sinner on Netflix. We watched the first season a few years back and it was really good and stumbled upon season 2 last night and ended watching 4 episodes - brilliant đŸ‘đŸ»

if you havent seen the first series that was excellent - basically it starts with a women at the beach just stabbing a stranger at random and having no idea why - but it starts to unravel. Bill Pullman plays the cop and I have always thought he was good đŸ‘đŸ» 9/10

I watched that Worzel Gummidge thing over Christmas, thought it was quite good. It's quite quite rare these days to get something that's good for all the family, as most things are unsuitable for kids/ too childish for adults or just generally a bit shit.

I never watched Gummidge as a kid, I vaguely remember it being on but it used to creep me out. This version felt a lot less creepy and weird.

I'm pretty sure i watched Gummidge as a kid, but didn't bother with this one.

I also watched the BBC's Dracula. It was going well until that third episode. What the hell was that?

Just watched "Don't f**k with cats" which is one of those true crime docs (in 3 parts) that Netflix have been kicking out recently. This one is about a bunch of internet nerds that vow to track down a guy that posted a video of himself killing some kittens. I don't usually bother with this sort of thing (although i have seen Making a Murderer) but 2 mates separately recommended it to me so i gave it a go. It is definitely a crazy, and a little worrying, story of the things people will go to for notoriety, fame and some internet likes. Worth a watch if you have a spare 3 hours.