Sign in to follow this  
Art Vandelay

What Have You Been Watching?

Been getting into This Country on dvd. It's a mockumentary about two teenage underachievers living in a Cotswold village. Brutally funny at times.

Edited by H-Block

Yeah, I liked This Country :)

I've just finished watching the first series of The Wire. I've seen it before but it's well worth a rewatch. Recommended.

On 2/21/2019 at 3:21 PM, Art Vandelay said:

I've been watching Sally4Ever. Just finished episode 4 - that last scene was something you don't see in a tv sitcom very often ūüí©

Also started This Country. I wasn't sure at first but it's growing on me.

Also watch 'Camping' and 'Hunderby'. Both also comedies from the sick mind of Julia Davis. 

Countryfile should be renamed Cuntryfile. "This week we look at the rise of the far right in rural areas". Just fuck off and show me some badger culling for fucks sake!

On 9/30/2019 at 11:56 PM, A new man said:

Also watch 'Camping' and 'Hunderby'. Both also comedies from the sick mind of Julia Davis. 

Already have :cool:

Recently watched Wu Assassins. It's a TV show that seems to take it's inspiration from a late 90's - early 00's Jackie Chan flick in that it has highly dodgy acting and plot, but great fight scenes and stunts. I liked it and hope they do a Season 2.

4th and final season of Mr Robot has been cracking. The latest episode ran for 49 minutes and had only 2 lines of dialogue, in the first minute Elliot is picked up by his sister who says "It's OK, we don't need to talk" (which makes sense following what happened last episode), then follows an absolutely breathless, thrilling episode ending with a bad guy kidnapping a woman and saying the line "It's time we talked". Genius episode, again written and directed by Sam Esmail (this bloke is winning at life - not only does he have several successful shows under his belt, loads of money, and can spill out cracking TV but he somehow managed to marry the super hot Emmy Rossum?). Anyway it was done so well that i didn't even realise that there was no dialogue :) Seriously, it wasn't until i happened to mention the episode to a buddy that he pointed it out.

Have also been watching See which is the big budget show that Apple+ TV are leading with. It's not bad, it's a world set in the future where humans wiped themselves out somehow except for a few million who were all blind. Then some kids are born with the ability to see... 3 episodes in it has been Ok so far, the problem is obviously the no sight thing. They do make a great job of letting you believe that certain things could be done without sight but occasionally you are just watching it and think that there is no way that could have been built or that could have been done without being able to see. Plus little stuff, like all their clothes are matching colours, their hair and makeup look great that sort of thing... I mean, they should all look a mess :) Still it's good enough so far to get past stuff like that.

I also am giving Watchmen a go, it's based in the world of the graphic novels but is telling a completely different story just set in that world. Again not bad so far, it's hard to tell where it is going after only 3 episodes but it's good so far, if confusing.

Just watched the first episode of this series of The Apprentice. I think they may be the most stupid/annoying group yet. I wonder if any of them have the self awareness to look around the bunch of halfwits, bluffers, and bullshitters who have come through the same selection process as them and be hit with the sudden terrible realisation 'Jesus, am I the same as these people?'

Probably not.....

• Haha 1

The Devil Next Door.

Thought provoking and I don't want to add mine in case anyone else watches it. 

Either way, I reckon he was there but not the exact guy.  Hence the recollections.  Enjoy despite...