Sign in to follow this  
Art Vandelay

What Have You Been Watching?

On 12/28/2018 at 10:41 AM, E R said:

I have been watching Sunderland till I die on Netflix - really good behind the scenes look at the day to day workings of a football club 

they should have held onto Grabban - their only good player 👍

8/10

Jack Rodwell. Absolute cunt of a man.

11 hours ago, molymoly said:

Jack Rodwell. Absolute cunt of a man.

I know what you are saying but if you was on what he was on and no one else is going to pay you that would you just walk away from it because the club that signed you on those terms has an owner who has lost interest and wont fund the club anymore? And apparently the club forgot to add a 40% reduction clause to his contract

good series though however I cant help think it was originally set up to see them win promotion back to the prem :crying_anim::lol:

Edited by E R

2 hours ago, E R said:

I know what you are saying but if you was on what he was on and no one else is going to pay you that would you just walk away from it because the club that signed you on those terms has an owner who has lost interest and wont fund the club anymore? And apparently the club forgot to add a 40% reduction clause to his contract

good series though however I cant help think it was originally set up to see them win promotion back to the prem :crying_anim::lol:

Yeah great show, I'm working my way through it now. 

I can't get on board with his way of thinking - 70 grand a week - he would be set up for life after a season. He knew the strife the club was facing, especially it being located in a poverty-stricken area; he should have done the right thing.   It didn't help that every time they showed him, he was winking at the camera   😂😂

America's Greatest Fibs.  I always found Americans to be shit talkers when it comes to their history, whether it's making out that JFK was great instead of him being rubbish at best, making out they were the biggest hitters in WW2, their obsession with Commies, being the land of the free or any other such bollocks.  This mini series is like a brief bullshit detector's guide to their made up narrative. 

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

I've been watching Sally4Ever. Just finished episode 4 - that last scene was something you don't see in a tv sitcom very often 💩

Also started This Country. I wasn't sure at first but it's growing on me.

New season of Banged up Abroad - best thing on telly 👍

They've made a TV version of the "What We Do In the Shadows" movie, watched the pilot today and it was very good. In-keeping with the movie style and story but not just a retelling. I liked it and will continue with it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Random Task said:

They've made a TV version of the "What We Do In the Shadows" movie, watched the pilot today and it was very good. In-keeping with the movie style and story but not just a retelling. I liked it and will continue with it.

I love What we do in the shadows.  What's it on?

14 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

I love What we do in the shadows.  What's it on?

To be honest i'm not sure it's on over here, it's on FX in the states. My mate has set up a system where i can put in the name of a TV show i want to watch and it automatically downloads all the episodes it can find and shares them via his Plex server so i just mainly watch tv through that these days...

Edited by Random Task
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Random Task said:

To be honest i'm not sure it's on over here, it's on FX in the states. My mate has set up a system where i can put in the name of a TV show i want to watch and it automatically downloads all the episodes it can find and shares them via his Plex server so i just mainly watch tv through that these days...

Thanks!

How long has Comic Relief been so utterly terrible?

I've not seen it in years, but saw quite a bit of the last one and it was truely dismal. I remember when I was a kid and it first started and it was quite an exciting event. Now, I'm sure this was partly just because of my age but it was a least fresh and half decent wasn't it? I just can't imagine anyone enjoying anything about it :thumbsdown_anim:

Does anyone on here listen to any podcasts or anything? I've never seen anyone mention anything. Anyway I stumbled on this the other day which and have been downloading a load of stuff - https://fourble.co.uk/podcasts

For the cool folk there's the early Armando Iannucci, Chris Morris, etc while for old gits like Colin and DaneB there's a load of boring old guff from the 50s and 60s.  There's also a lot of older stuff on there.....

On 3/27/2019 at 3:16 PM, Random Task said:

Got to say i am really loving this :) Last nights was hilarious and it also just got renewed for season 2 this week. I think i saw it advertised to be on BBC2 coming soon as well.

WWDITS starts on Sunday on bbc2 B)

I've been watching computer game themed sitcom Dead Pixels. It won't be for everyone but I quite like it. Bit of a Peep Show/Fresh Meat sort of feel about it.

I haven't been watching that 'Game of Scones'. :thumbsdown_anim:

Haven't seen one episode.

I don't care if I'm missing out. I don't give a shit about it. :cool04:

Last night I watched the Eurovision Song Contest which was absolutely terrible.

That said, Madonna was on it and, if anyone saw Kanye's appearance at Glastonbury, they'll know what to expect from Madonna.  

2 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Last night I watched the Eurovision Song Contest which was absolutely terrible.

That said, Madonna was on it and, if anyone saw Kanye's appearance at Glastonbury, they'll know what to expect from Madonna.  

It's usually terrible but it's terrible in a sort of "pantomime villain" way, we all know the songs are rarely NME record of the year material but taking the piss out of them and getting wound up at the Greeks and Cypriots, Scandinavians and various Balkan countries exchanging 12 points is all part of the experience for me.

Even had a small win betting on Italy to finish top four, sadly most of my profit was wiped out by Norway missing out on the top four by one spot and North Macedonia not quite making the top four.

As I said on the news thread, I loved Hatari raising Palestine banners when the scores were announced, it takes some balls to do that in Israel. That's what I call punk.

Edited by H-Block
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, H-Block said:

It's usually terrible but it's terrible in a sort of "pantomime villain" way, we all know the songs are rarely NME record of the year material but taking the piss out of them and getting wound up at the Greeks and Cypriots, Scandinavians and various Balkan countries exchanging 12 points is all part of the experience for me.

Even had a small win betting on Italy to finish top four, sadly most of my profit was wiped out by Norway missing out on the top four by one spot and North Macedonia not quite making the top four.

As I said on the news thread, I loved Hatari raising Palestine banners when the scores were announced, it takes some balls to do that in Israel. That's what I call punk.

Yes, I was roaring when they were booing the Greeks and Cypriots.  

I missed the actual music section, a little bit on purpose cause I enjoy the scores bit more.  By the time I turned it on it was into the Israeli past winners bit and then on to Madonna, which was car crash tv at its best, from her blatantly thinking the presenter was a complete twat, to then not being able to sing in tune for more than three seconds in a row while singing her own song.  

Then there was the fella who was 'singing' with her.  I'm not sure he knew what he was in for when he signed up for it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Yes, I was roaring when they were booing the Greeks and Cypriots.  

I missed the actual music section, a little bit on purpose cause I enjoy the scores bit more.  By the time I turned it on it was into the Israeli past winners bit and then on to Madonna, which was car crash tv at its best, from her blatantly thinking the presenter was a complete twat, to then not being able to sing in tune for more than three seconds in a row while singing her own song.  

Then there was the fella who was 'singing' with her.  I'm not sure he knew what he was in for when he signed up for it.

Did you see how Conchita (the Austrian who won it in 2014 dressed as a woman) looks now? Bearded bloke in a bondage cap and tights, I was thinking very Kenny Everett!  

• Haha 1