Sign in to follow this  
Art Vandelay

What Have You Been Watching?

11 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Are the football league goals on any of the normal channels this season? I watched that thing with Prutton on Sky the other week and it was pretty awful, made the Channel Five one from last year look decent.

It's on a channel called "Quest" now. Hell knows why they suddenly have it though, there other programming is generally stuff like "How refrigerators work" (no lie, when i learned they had it i switched over and that was what was on!). They also have the league cup highlights as well, i haven't watched it but i can imagine it isn't much better.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks, that's great. Don't think I've ever watched Quest, I had no idea they had anything other than a load of old shit from Discovery let alone actual football highlights. ⚽

Will also keep an eye out for that Refrigerator thing.......

I watched it and I'm reporting back. The Championship highlights I mean, not the fridge programme. It's bascally the exact same programme that was on Channel Five last season. It's better than the Sky one so I'll be sticking with it :happystrange:

My wife and my lad have been watching loads of things and to be honest I can't tell a lot from each other and I'm pretty sure that I've combined four or five programmes and molded them into one. 

Some things aren't bad though, Ozark and The Sopranos.  I'm enjoying Sharp Objects although only one episode a week means they're in danger of being forced into the multiple programmes that have become one. 

I have been watch Designated Survivor on Netflix since I have been off with a poorly arsehole

Definitely worth a watch. Fast action, good twists - a bit like the early seasons of homeland

8/10

I've been watching HBO prison drama Oz. I sometimes used to see bits of this when it was on Channel Four in the late 90s but missed the boat a bit so never really got into it, so thought it was time I caught up. It's the first big drama from HBO, so paved the way fo The Sopranos, the Wire etc.

It's not as polished as those later shows, it's a bit theatrical, and at times really silly, but I can't stop watching. I'm up to series three already. I'm going to have to take a break at the end of this though because I've started to dream about it and that isn't good. Recommended 8/10

My wife has started watching the X Factor.  I managed to never see it until now and it's far worse than I ever imagined.  It's TV for complete idiots, like the people at ITV decided all of the other TV for idiots on their channel was aiming a bit too high and decided to create a programme that dumbed it down to -11.

Why would anyone start watching it now if they didn't watch it in the previous 50 years it feels like it's been going? Can't I tempt the two of you to watch Oz instead?...

You could tempt me to watch anything Art but I'd have to prize the controller off her first. 

I think the worst thing about talent shows are all the 'singers' forget they're singing a song and just start showing off and none of them are good enough to show off, if they weren't they wouldn't be on a talent show.  I quite liked Stars in their eyes, no pretence with that one.   

The Walking Dead was on last night, I don't get the point in that anymore either.  It's barely changed a bit for five or six series, talk about flogging a dead horse. 

Before the latest shit fest i've been force fed we watched The Sopranos which was good.  A few years too late to that one but I enjoyed it.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

I watched the first series of Walking Dead but left it that that as I wasn't impressed. I might expand on this later, or I might not.

What I liked about Stars in Their Eyes was how after the performance Kelly would really over sell the whole thing eg. "Well, you certainly won't be going back to the factory on Monday". Yeah, because there's going to be a million pound record deal and World tour lined up for some middle-aged bloke who was on itv for five minutes sounding a bit like the guy from Kajagoogoo :unsure:

Edited by Art Vandelay

I'm also watching The Strain, really because I quite enjoyed Pans Labyrinth a long time ago.  Not too bad although it might just seem better because of the barrage of shite that's surrounding it.