Sign in to follow this  
Art Vandelay

What Have You Been Watching?

I recently started watching Deception, it's about a Magician that starts helping the FBI solve weird cases where stuff like misdirection might have been used. It's ok if you don't take it too seriously... I only mention it on here because in an absolutely top of the line case of "so bad it's good" casting, there is a recurring role of a genius engineer that creates all of the magicians tricks... and who has that gone to?? Only Vinnie fucking Jones :) Still doing his usual Millwall player voice, mannerisms and everything :) Makes me laugh every time he has a scene, who the hell thought that would work well? :)

Wild Wild Country - about an Indian Guru in the 80s called Bagwaan

Give it a go it is fucking insane

Watching a documentary about Bill Cosby on BBC. Got me thinking, someone like Bill Cosby could have had his pick of women who wanted to have sex with him. At what point do you start to decide raping is preferable to an endless option of consentual sex? Cosby seems a special kind of nonce.

I only mention it on here because in an absolutely top of the line case of "so bad it's good" casting, there is a recurring role of a genius engineer that creates all of the magicians tricks... and who has that gone to?? Only Vinnie fucking Jones :) Still doing his usual Millwall player voice, mannerisms and everything :) Makes me laugh every time he has a scene, who the hell thought that would work well? :)

:lol: OK, I'm sold, I will watch an episde of this. Although probably just the one.....

New series on Netflix "Safe" starring Dexter, Hustle's Danny Blue & Sherlock's Mary Watson (the actors obvs not the characters)

Another missing child series but was pretty watchable.

Little boy blue on Netflix with Stephen Graham - about that Everton kid Rhys Jones that got shit by a gang a few years back

good 4 part series with the excellent Graham playing the lead role - 7.5/10

I've been watching Damned. It's a low key fairly sombre comedy set in Social Services. Very similar to Getting On.

Also started watching ER recommendation Camping. So far so good.

Wild Wild Country - about an Indian Guru in the 80s called Bagwaan

Give it a go it is fucking insane

I watched that - I had no idea that it had ever happened. Absolutely fucking mental

:lol: OK, I'm sold, I will watch an episde of this. Although probably just the one.....

Be careful, i watched the first few because i found Vinnie funny, then i somehow got into it and now i'm pissed off because the network cancelled it and i want to know what was going to happen next :)

I've been watching Damned. It's a low key fairly sombre comedy set in Social Services. Very similar to Getting On.

Also started watching ER recommendation Camping. So far so good.

Give Flowers a go if you liked it

Will do. I downloaded it ages ago but then forgot all about it. I'll do that next if I can find it B)

I assume you've seen Night Night?

Nighty night - no I haven't but I do like Julia Davis so will try and find it somewhere online

Seems from her IMDB they are filming another series of camping and there is another one she has done called Sally4Ever

Where do you download stuff mate?

Edited by E R

Julia Davis is off her nut and her comedy is fantastically original. Have you seen Hunderby? It's fucking brilliant and every bit as bonkers as Nighty Night and Camping.

Where do you download stuff mate?

Torrents. Mostly Piratebay or limewire but all over really. Take your pick :) https://www.lifewire.com/top-torrent-sites-alternatives-to-kat-2483512

Not seen Hunderby yet, might watch that next. Not even heard of Sally4Ever, has it been broadcast yet?

Yeah, it is. I found series 1 though so I'll see how I go with that. If it's rewatchably good I'll end up buying it anyway B)

The Defiant Ones.  Four parts.  This was pretty damn good for three episodes, the last episode was like an advert for Beats headphones and Apple Music with lots of non-factual statements made in favour of both.  The first three episodes 9/10, the last 1/10.  You know what to do.

My wife has been watching Stan Lee's Lucky Man and therefore I have too.  Every episode seems to have the same theme, main character is suspected by his fellow police officers of being a criminal, villain is really the criminal, villain gets caught by main character, somebody gets killed among cliched action scenes, fellow police officers realize that the main character isn't a criminal until the next episode when it starts all over again.

This is the kind of shit that you'd expect to find on ITV but for some reason it's on some other channel.

Are the football league goals on any of the normal channels this season? I watched that thing with Prutton on Sky the other week and it was pretty awful, made the Channel Five one from last year look decent.