Sign in to follow this  
Art Vandelay

What Have You Been Watching?

Anyone watching Mr Robot? Really enjoying this season (it's third). The first season was great, second season dropped off a little but this third one has been fantastic. The latest episode played in the US without any advert breaks because it was viewed as if it were one giant 44 minute long take. Great stuff.

I've got Camping waiting to see as one of my recorded then forgotten about programmes. Julia Davis is usually good so I had high hopes already. I'll give it a go next....

yep I thought it was brilliant Art.

She is quite sexy too I find - she is clacking on a bit as well

Forbidden games on Netflix 8/10. Documentary about Justin Fashanu.

Honestly give it a go

Edited by E R

Mindhunters. My mrs watches a lot of crime dramas, to be honest I spend a lot of time with headphones on cause they annoy me. This doesn't seem too bad though, I've been sucked in.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

Been watching The Sinner on Netflix. Jessica Biel plays a housewife who murders some bloke on a beach in front of everyone and no one knows why including her.

Detective thinks theres more to it (and there is). Not too shabby at all.

I am watching Bright with Will Smith on Netflix - its fucking awful but my missus likes it so that in my evening done for

I've watched the following over the festive season:

Real Football Factories International - I was inspired to watch this by Art posting the link to the brilliant "Danny Dire" "Wheel Football Factowheeze" send up. In this spirit I watched this fully intending to take the piss out of it, but to give the real Danny Dyer his due this compilation from the old Bravo TV football hooliganism series was actually much more informative than I expected it to be. Features some crazy in stadium scenes from Turkey, Poland and Argentina (amongst others). 7/10

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- went to the cinema to see this. On one level it was great to see legends such as Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Chewbacca etc on screen again. But overall I'm not sure this really worked for me. There is a strange juxtaposition of quite dark scenes with cartoon style humour which doesn't sit comfortably. I didn't warm to the main character Rey (played by Daisy Ridley) in the previous film The Force Awakens and nothing in this film changed that. For someone who's basically a child she's far too powerful, able to dispose of a Sith Lord, fly the Millenium Falcon AND deliver rousing speeches which inspire / shame much more experienced characters such as Luke Skywalker. I know it's sci-fi but at least with Luke Skywalker it took him three films before he became powerful enough to beat Darth Vader! 6.5/10

T2 Trainspotting: Sequel to 1996's iconic Edinburgh smack head drama. Don't want to say too much as it will spoil the story but it was good to see Renton, Spud, Sick Boy and Begbie return 20 odd years on. It was shot in a stylish, artistic way and like the first film features an immersive soundtrack (including White Man in Hammersmith Palais by The Clash, which gets a bonus mark from me!) Brilliant. 9/10.

Edited by H-Block

The Right Juice: I wanted to see this film when on holiday in Portugal in 2014, but missed its release by a week. It's the first English language film made in the Algarve. It didn't get a proper dvd release so I though this one had passed me by until I learned recently you can stream it on Amazon.

Anyway, this is something of a "fish out of water" story about a failed London banker who relocates to a run down cottage in the Algarve to start an orange farm. It features the lovely Lucia Moniz, who you may remember as Colin Firth's love interest in Love Actually. If I'm honest, I found some of the acting wooden (not Lucia's) but this was still a heart warming story featuring some lovely views of the Algarve and the most unlikely car chase between a BMW 4x4 and a three wheeled rickshaw van! A triumph of low budget film making - 6.5/10.

Edited by H-Block

Been watching The Sinner on Netflix. Jessica Biel plays a housewife who murders some bloke on a beach in front of everyone and no one knows why including her.

Detective thinks theres more to it (and there is). Not too shabby at all.

Finished this yesterday - really enjoyed it and some good twists 8.5/10

Thanks for the tip and keep em coming

Just started Ozark with Jason Bateman - only watched a couple of episodes but looks really good

Just started Ozark with Jason Bateman - only watched a couple of episodes but looks really good

Another good one - enjoyed that. Hope they do another season.

I've recently started watching Taskmaster on Dave after a friend recommended it, absolutely love it. Greg Davies and Alex Horne set a bunch of random and bizarre tasks to 5 comedians and rank how well they do. Really makes laugh.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, seems alright, makes a nice change from having different colours of crime drama on the telly every night.

It's good but gets tired after a while. Most good British comedies only do six episodes a series which keeps the standard high. The few decent American comedies suffer from having to churn out 24 episodes per year.