E R

Conspiracy Theories

Mother Theresa was not a nice lady. I'm not surprised she has been Made a saint by the pope, all the money she funnelled from donations to the Catholic Church and all the paedophiles she championed must have really made an impact in the Vatican. Telling people who were suffering that it was Jesus kissing them and they shouldn't have painkillers, yet as soon as she was ill she went straight to a normal hospital and took every bit of medication offered to her while her "hospitals" run by untrained staff with a mortality rate of 40% told people to accept the pain from Jesus.

Edited by bestwood_red!

Read The Missionary Position by Christopher Hitchens. I'm not a huge fan of his but he beautifully eviscerates the myths surrounding Mother Theresa.

Nasty woman - could go as far as to say she was simply evil.

I think she was poorly educated and used as a pawn by the Catholic Church due to the amount of money she raised. Her private letters reflect the fact that at some stage in her life she rightfully questioned her own beliefs.

I think she was poorly educated and used as a pawn by the Catholic Church due to the amount of money she raised. Her private letters reflect the fact that at some stage in her life she rightfully questioned her own beliefs.

Very true but this really just makes her a hypocrite to add to her list of terrible character traits.

Fundamentally she believed that the pain and suffering of the poor and sick was a direct gift to Jesus Christ himself and that it was completely necessary. That is completely bonkers.

New one I heard today.

The US government took control of Wikileaks the day after they released the Clinton emails in mid October. The same day the Ecudorian embassy released a statement saying they were cutting off Julian Assanges internet access. The same day a CIA plane landed at Heathrow. Within a couple of hours armed men were photographed sat outside the Ecudorian embassy in cars that are APPARENTLY not normally stationed there. The CIA plane took off long after landing. Julian Assange has not been seen or heard from since. It's been over a month since there was any proof of life

Read The Missionary Position by Christopher Hitchens. I'm not a huge fan of his but he beautifully eviscerates the myths surrounding Mother Theresa.

I'm almost a sycophant of the Hitchens. :thumbsup_still:

Was he not a fruit?

Dunno, he don't bother me. It's only those mincing twats that show off about it that need gassing.,

TIme to bust out the tin foil hat but I think Russia might be getting stitched up a bit here. I cant see Putin on the eve of an election, being accused of tampering with the US presidential election and with the biggest sporting event in the world being hosted in his country in less than 100 days time, deciding that now is the right time to kill some old bloke and his daughter who pose no threat to him anymore. To me, this stinks of an American set up to try and take attention away from the Russian links to their election or to make Russia look a bit stupid and that they couldnt even kill an old man properly. If such a small dose was needed to kill someone then I doubt they would have got it wrong, more like it wasnt meant to kill them but to make them ill and turn the worlds eye towards Russia.

Anyway, thats enough rubbish from me. With how often I get things wrong expect a full confession from Putin within the hour.

I can see a hole in your theory there Bestie when you mentioned a Russian 'election'.

Talking of Russian conspiracy theories I liked one my Dad had about Boris Yeltsin when he was still alive. My Dad used to say he's been dead for years and they just use archive footage of him, as he'd be walking about on the telly having been filmed earlier in the day. That was a good one.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

Its hard not to wonder these days hats true and whats not. We used to think the Russians were the bad guys because we were the good guys.

The Russians could well and may well have done it. Trouble is we have a recent history of picking fights based on evidence that turns out to be a pack of lies of our own making.

My father in law lived in Russia for years and still has a place there meaning we've been over a bit. His take on Putin is he's good for Russia but bad for everyone else, he's never expanded on that but I reckon he means he's willing to go further than any other leaders which puts them in a strong position on the World stage.

As for the murdering, they've got form for it. Plus what not everyone knows is it's pretty much as corrupt as you can get there. If you were KGB you got a share of the spoils and everyone else just stayed as they were. At the bottom level try driving from one side of Moscow to the other without having to bribe a copper so you can finish your journey. You can't oppose Putin, if you do you've got options of being ridiculed to the point of losing everything to literally losing everything.

I'm pretty cynical on all of the shit we get force fed but I'll eat my own hair if Putin had nothing to do with this. I think it's OK to say it isn't OK to murder your political enemies on our land, whether it's OK to do all the war talk is another matter and one which you aren't going to win.

Tin foil hat time again. 

The Mccans definitely have some sway over the media in this country. They’ve never had their version of events questions, never had their parenting techniques questioned, anyone who goes against them gets hounded by the media (remember that woman on twitter who has sky news at her door that often she ran off and killed herself) and now the Netflix documentary has been panned by critics in the British media (the rest of the world enjoyed it) with multiple headlines all saying the same thing “nothing new don’t watch it” almost like someone in authority is trying to put people off bothering it. 

7 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

Tin foil hat time again. 

The Mccans definitely have some sway over the media in this country. They’ve never had their version of events questions, never had their parenting techniques questioned, anyone who goes against them gets hounded by the media (remember that woman on twitter who has sky news at her door that often she ran off and killed herself) and now the Netflix documentary has been panned by critics in the British media (the rest of the world enjoyed it) with multiple headlines all saying the same thing “nothing new don’t watch it” almost like someone in authority is trying to put people off bothering it. 

What's the Netflix thing called Bestie?

I've always thought if they were from a more scummy background they'd have been torn apart by the press.  Let's say Madalaine was snatched from a bedroom in St Annes while the parents were at the pub across the road rather than some apartment in the Algarve.  I wonder if more urgency leading to the case being solved would have happened with different backgrounds. 

50 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

What's the Netflix thing called Bestie?

I've always thought if they were from a more scummy background they'd have been torn apart by the press.  Let's say Madalaine was snatched from a bedroom in St Annes while the parents were at the pub across the road rather than some apartment in the Algarve.  I wonder if more urgency leading to the case being solved would have happened with different backgrounds. 

The disappearance of Madeleine McCann. I’m on episode 4 of 8. I won’t mention anything it says but don’t believe the reviews in the British press that say it’s no good. 

After Manchester United's astonishing comeback to beat PSG, someone posted a photo of the 1999 treble winning United team and asked if they could have come back from 2 down.

Someone replied, 'That team could have come back from an holiday with the McCanns.'

😂😂

On 3/16/2019 at 11:51 PM, bestwood_red! said:

The disappearance of Madeleine McCann. I’m on episode 4 of 8. I won’t mention anything it says but don’t believe the reviews in the British press that say it’s no good. 

That case fascinates me. I spent a lot of time in Praia De Luz in the 90's as a mate's Father has a villa out there. Just started watching the doc on Netflix.

Edited by Ben

Something doesn’t sit right with the whole thing. The hardest thing to understand is why British police are still chucking money into this. What other missing persons case has had this amount of resources put into it?

I also find it difficult to comprehend why Kate was so unco-operative with the police during her initial interview. Surely if it was your kid you’d provide any and all help you could in the hope that it could lead to her being found safe and well. 

The sniffer dogs as well seems to be a massive red flag. The parents surely are involved far more than has been confirmed.