E R

Conspiracy Theories

It's a believable conspiracy theory with the space race being part of the cold war and why wouldn't you lie to win?

I quite like the idea that we landed on the Moon and that we made it all up as part of a battle between super powers, it's a win win. I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist but some of the arguments for the Moon landings being fake do stand up a bit. Take the flag thing. The flag does look like it's being blown in the wind. The counter argument is that the flag was kind of rattling after being hammered in the ground. It does look more like it's blowing in the wind though.

I might get Netflix. Been watching that Jim Jeffries fella on YouTube, he seems pretty funny.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

Watch that programme mate - the guy who was building the rockets said they were miles away from being able to fly them at the time it supposedly happened, that they was blowing up all the time and for all the things like the landing craft to work 6 times, for the landing craft to take back off from the moon, for the thruster not to leave no scorch mark, for the spaceman and flag to appear in front of the grid marks in the photos is impossible

Conspiracy "theory" claptrap pure and simple. Produced by the delusional and swallowed by the gullible.

Before the internet these people were the equivalent of the village idiot. One of the worst aspects of Net us it allows village idiots from across the globe to get together and convince themselves they are normal and that they are right.

So you don't think at a minimum a lot of the pictures are clearly faked?

It's funny how no one has been back to the moon since the Apollo mission and that they beleive the technology just wasn't there at that stage yet it all went without a single hitch

If it were not for government mistrust following Watergate and the excellent conspiracy movie Capricorn One this moon landing nonsense would have died in the 70s and to be honest it largely did die out in the 80s anyway only to be born again with the wonder of the Internet.

So you don't think at a minimum a lot of the pictures are clearly faked?

It's funny how no one has been back to the moon since the Apollo mission and that they beleive the technology just wasn't there at that stage yet it all went without a single hitch

Nasa canned Apollo for low earth orbit project the Space Shuttle as low Earth orbit work was needed (leading to space station) for research into future deep space missions. That work can now be done by the private sector and the Russians so NASA canned Space Shuttle to start their next big phase. Returning to moon and then onto Mars with the new Orion programme.

NASA does not have the budget to do more than one manned space programme at a time.

You can't compete with a conspiracy theorist though as they simply dismiss all counter evidence as fake. Examples being the pictures from lunar orbiter showing tyre tracks from the rover used in later missions and also the presence of the big mirror we point a laser at every day to track the distance between Earth and moon.

All evidence is simply added to the conspiracy and they move on.

Equally I would say someone who has their minds made up will not even begin to consider the evidence of the documentary to come to a decision

Certain parts of the footage and photos for whatever reason are fake - it is as clear as day and as technology has evolved you can clearly see evidence of lighting and superimposed images

Why don't you give it a watch mate and see. I never really had a concrete opinion but the evidence produced is pretty strong.

Have a watch of Armstrong ejecting from the landing craft in testing before it crashed because it was practically impossible to manage yet six times he managed it without a single wobble on the moon

Edited by E R

Watch and then see what you think

I've seen a couple of them before. The problem is is that they're not impartial and are geared towards making you believe what they want you to with half truths and nonsense.

I have watched it. Nothing new in it at all. Everything it presents has been answered before. Every answer simply adds to the conspiracy nutters belief that more and more people are in on it.

I will agreee that NASA probably doctored a fair few photos but really that proves nothing. They still do it today with everything from images taken from Hubble space telescope to pictures from Curiosity Rover on Mars. All done for perfectly valid reasons.

Edited by Daz555

I have watched it. Nothing new in it at all. Everything it presents has been answered before. Every answer simply adds to the conspiracy nutters belief that more and more people are in on it.

I will agreee that NASA probably doctored a fair few photos but really that proves nothing. They still do it today with everything from images taken from Hubble space telescope to pictures from Curiosity Rover on Mars. All done for perfectly valid reasons.

I was with you up until there.

Thousands of people work/worked at NASA, thousands more scientists throughout the world sampled the rocks brought back from the moon. It's a pretty big cover up........

And the thing that makes me laugh...the flag was blowing. As if NASA wouldn't have spotted such a glaring mistake if it was a cover up :lol:

Watched this one recently. Controversial.

9/11

Jesus

Money

I went out for a drink with my mate and we got back to mine and had more booze and then we smoked a joint (not something I do these days). He put that on the tv and it absolutely span me out, couldn't cope with it 😂

The thing for me is why would they have faked six moon landings? One would have been enough. Despite a great imagination and case put forward it's pretty obvious they happened.

My favourite whacky conspiracy theory is that it wasn't airplanes that toppled the twin towers. Loads of people religiously believe that.

I was with you up until there.

Photos taken from millions of km away on a dusty rock by a clunky robot, or shots of distant galaxies seen as they were billions of years ago, need some work before average Joe Public wants to look at then - that is all I meant.

The thing for me is why would they have faked six moon landings? One would have been enough. Despite a great imagination and case put forward it's pretty obvious they happened.

Ahh, good point...sadly all such similar points did was spawn a subset of moon-landing conspiracy nutters - those that believe only the FIRST landing was fake and that the later ones were real.

Can't link to it now as at work but just search for Death Star conspiracy inside job on Youtube and you will find something which mirrors perfectly what we see today with conspiracy nonsense. To be honest the Death Star one is more convincing than 9/11 or the moon landings.

My favourite whacky conspiracy theory is that it wasn't airplanes that toppled the twin towers. Loads of people religiously believe that.

I think the U.S. government knew about 9/11 but I don't think it was an inside job, the amount of people who would need to be in on it is staggering.