Art Vandelay

Championship chit chat

There’s a storm brewing over the shaggers postponement of their game today with Cardiff ... seems like they’re claiming the pitch was frozen despite having 14 miles of under soil heating pipes . Meantime , 20 miles away in sunny Leicester the pitch is perfect without a single snowflake ...

Could. It possibly be that our ovine neighbours have called the game off due to poor form , loss of key players due to suspension , injury etc ..... sceptic moi ,,,never

There’s a storm brewing over the shaggers postponement of their game today with Cardiff ... seems like they’re claiming the pitch was frozen despite having 14 miles of under soil heating pipes . Meantime , 20 miles away in sunny Leicester the pitch is perfect without a single snowflake ...

Could. It possibly be that our ovine neighbours have called the game off due to poor form , loss of key players due to suspension , injury etc ..... sceptic moi ,,,never

I think you've got a very valid point. They knew they were gonna get a hiding so they made a run for it.

Seems that Warnock would agree with you Col. He's not a happy chappie.

Seems that Warnock would agree with you Col. He's not a happy chappie.

Nothing new there Dane he’s always been a right miserable fucker !,

I seem to recall when he was in charge of the blades he encouraged his players to get sent off to cause a game to be abandoned ..Then again the old memory is not as sharp as it once was

Turns out it was Derby's decision to cancel the game, not the police. The EFL now looking into the cancellation.

Piss myself if they get docked points for this, especially after our lot helped them out by taking 2 points off Sheff Utd.

That postponement screwed my fantasy league transfers right up. Derby deserve to be punished for that alone :thumbsdown_still:

I'll go Wolves and cardiff up, Fulham in the play offs....

Edited by Art Vandelay

6 hours ago, bestwood_red! said:

How did Birmingham manage to sign someone while under an embargo? 

Free agent?

19 hours ago, Dane B said:

Free agent?

Apparently they paid money for him. Some executive from a team in our league has got a petition signed by all the other clubs to say Birmingham should be punished. 

They paid over 2m for pedersen... I agree it doesn't make sense. The EFL are weak and can be manipulated, but to flout the laws in this way is something else.

P.s. Put some wonga on QPR to go down. Complete shambles. Mclaren will be gone by November but theyre such a car crash that they're unsavable 

With QPR and Rotherham it looks like two of the relegation spots are sorted already. Mcclaren was a strange appotinment for QPR, surely in that state they'd be better off with a Mick McCarthy type. For example Mick McCarthy.

I put Mick McCarthy into Google, because I don't like to make spelling errurs, and those suggested searches come up, and the second one is "Mick McCarthy wife" - what's that all about?

Although one of the next ones was "Mick McCarthy bastard" :D

Didn’t know where to put this, but it made me chuckle (especially when he needed help doing his reentry into the ring) so thought I’d share here 🙂  Grant Holt wrestling 🙂

• Haha 1

A tough 24 hours for Steve Bruce. Someone threw a cabbage at him, Villa missed a penalty in the last minute and now he gets sacked

Three times it's happened this weekend (with Arsenal and Hibs too). I sense someone is going to be made an example of and get a lengthy prison sentence. 

30 seconds of laudits from drunken twats at Villa Park vs losing your job (or more likely, benefits) and being inside for 6 months. Tough one 🤔

• Like 1

It's a remarkable few seconds for him, getting a prison sentence, becoming a renowned twat and never being able to watch his football team again.  Although there are some plus sides to the last bit.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

12 weeks jail and as you say banned for life plus a criminal record - what a plum