Sign in to follow this  
Art Vandelay

Championship chit chat

I thought we could do with a thread for this. So I've done one.

Here the odds (Ladbrokes) for next season to get things started....

Newcastle
7/4
Norwich
8/1
Aston Villa
10/1
Derby
11/1
Brighton
12/1
Wolves
14/1
Sheffield Wednesday
14/1
Ipswich
25/1
Brentford
25/1
Cardiff
25/1
Wigan
28/1
Reading
28/1
Leeds
28/1
QPR
33/1
Nottingham Forest
33/1
Fulham
33/1
Birmingham
40/1
Huddersfield
40/1
Bristol City
40/1
Blackburn
50/1
Preston
50/1
Barnsley
80/1
Rotherham
100/1
Burton

150/1

I think a few of the better teams are too long because Newcastle are so short. 7/4, really? I know they've made a handful of good signings but they've been terrible for years, have a manager too cautious to let them run away with any league, and a ridiculous owner who could just bring in Joe Kinneer on a whim. Norwich at 8/1 or Newcastle at 7/4 m1705.gif

Apparently Forest are doomed.

Edited by Art Vandelay

Yeah, fair enough. It's not a phrase I'd use in general life. I only really used it hoping to have 'chat chit about the championship' as a subtitle but I couldn't even do that :(

It won't let me edit it so if one of the mods would like to change it feel free. I suggest 'Ben's Championship Discussion Thread'. Thanks.

Edited by Art Vandelay

Newcastle looked extremely poor last night. First game rustyness or a sign of things to come? Lascelles in particular was absolutely shit.

There's a brick going through my telly if the BBC are going to keep referring to it as the EFL. Noticed it the other day when they started talking about the EFL Cup.

Wankers.

There's a brick going through my telly if the BBC are going to keep referring to it as the EFL. Noticed it the other day when they started talking about the EFL Cup.

Wankers.

The league seems to get rebranded every 5 years or so. Absolute nonsense

I've heard people, actual normal people not people paid to say it on tv, refer to the Premier League as 'The BPL'. Odd.

I like his monkey face.

I'm getting surgery for that :(

That's the first coupon of the weekend screwed. If I put Leicester in coupon number 2 we are all happy..well apart from the bank account, but that's not important.

Any predictions on who will go up and down now we're about to reach the business end?

Champions - Wolves have looked dead certs all season and despite their recent form, they have a big enough gap to third and enough quality to go up.

Second - Fulham. I know that Cardiff are flying at the moment but so are Fulham. They have quality all over the pitch and the Newcastle striker they've got on loan will be a great addition.

Play Offs - I've been impressed when I've seen Preston this season. I fancy them to make a run. Why not.

7th Place - Derby - their usual February/March meltdown is great to see :thumbsup_still:

Going Down:

Sunderland look absolutely dreadful and I can't see them finding any spirit needed to stay up.

Burton - I just don't think the quality is there, NLN has done a decent job but always fighting against the tide.

Reading - seem to be getting worse as the season goes on, Stam is under pressure and they have a tricky run in.

I think Monk will do just enough to keep Birmingham up unfortunately.

Champions - Wolves

2nd - Fulham

Play offs - Villa

Relegated - Sunderland, Burton and hopefully Birmingham I cant stand Monk. If Forest didnt score three goals we would have won. Wanker.

Champions - Wolves

2nd - Villa

Play-Offs - Fulham

Relegated - Sunderland, Burton, Birmingham.

wolves

fulham

derby play offs

down sunderland burton barnsley

As long as the Shaggers don't get promoted & we don't get relegated...

One is as good as sorted but sadly the other is still very possible!

It is laughable to suggest that Mendes doesn’t have undue influence at Wolves. He got Paul Lambert sacked and half of the players signed in the past 2 years (as well as the manager) are his clients.

Some of his clients have been playing champions league football or have turned down bigger clubs and decided to take a pay cut, to go to Wolverhampton. It doesn’t quite stack up, does it?

That saying, I would be surprised if they are *found* to be in breach of any rules. I’m sure the paperwork is all above board and most championship clubs are up to something dodgy to get an advantage, it is only the poorly run clubs (i.e. Forest) who get caught.

My prediction is that Wolves are going to be promoted. They will eventually be found to be massively in breach in 5 years’ time, where they will be fined an insignificant amount of money compared to the riches on offer in the premier league.